1 Review

2.0 out of 5 stars an improvement on Rogue, but...... 2.5 stars, 8 Feb 2014
Nick Brett (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I kind of picked this up in error, having forgotten that I thought our introduction to Robin Monarch in "Rogue" was poorly put together. This is a slight improvement on that but it has some annoying elements that pull it back a bit. There are a couple of typos that the publisher should have picked up on and removed. which didn't impact the story but came over as sloppy.

Anyway when terrorists snatch senior US, Indian and Chinese officials, Monarch and his small team are brought in as 'independent contractors to track them down. Monarch and his team do this on behalf of various good causes, orphanages, medical needs etc. We then have a country hopping chase with lots of action before jumping on a plane to the next one. The bad guys are generally over the top but that is almost to be expected these days. The plot is a little undemanding but it is a 'read it and forget it' thriller.
So a significant improvement on Rogue but I have held the score back for two reasons, firstly the author is trying to create a "thief" legend around Monarch and that just got too repetitive and annoying, secondly their are far too many last minute twists thrown at us when fewer and cleverer would have been better.

There is something in this series if it could be toned down a bit, not sure if I shall go for the next one though.