‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars At last back to the old Kristen...or is it?, 30 Dec. 2013
Deborah - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Broken Dove (Fantasyland Series Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I'm a huge fan of Kristen's and have been for years but recently I must admit I've been disappointed with Own the Wind and Fire Inside and I didn't even consider reading Jagged but since I love the Fantasyland Series not reading Broken Dove wasn't an option.
This book started really well, I loved all the characters involved and Kristen was weaving her magic, normally I read quickly which is both a blessing (I get to the end quicker so find out what's what) and a curse (if it's a good book it's over too quickly) but in this case due to personal issues it's taken me days to get through this which means I've been able to really get into it, and I was but I did take issue with Maddie's stupid mistake, now I know Maddie had to do something to annoy Apollo but I didn't find it believable, this is a woman who's street wise and has been on the run from her husband for years so I felt this was a cheap shot and I expect more from Kristen.
I loved that all the main characters from the past books were here with their children.
Golden Dynasty is one of my favourite Kristen books I can't remember how many times I've actually read this book, I also loved Wildest Dreams but Fantastical was for me a disappointment.
One measure I use when judging books is if I'd read it again and to be honest I don't know if this is a book that I would read again, I'm not sure why but at the moment I can't see it happening, it makes me wonder where the four stars came from even though I loved the characters and enjoyed the book for me it was lacking something, I'm not sure what but it makes me wonder if we do in fact have the old Kristen back. I am concerned that Kristen's books of late are not living up to earlier potential, this one started really well and I liked all the characters but it's not calling out for me to re-read, now I know not every book can be everything to every reader but I'm wondering if she's spreading herself too thin she has a lot of different series's going on at the moment I know I'm waiting for the next 'burg book as well as The Third Series.
This book has reminded me how much I liked Frey and Finnie as well as Apollo so I'm going back to re-read Wildest Dreams now which of course will be followed by Golden Dynasty yet again.
I couldn't decide between 3 or 4 stars. I gave 4 since I liked the characters and enjoyed the book but if I compare it to At Peace, Until the Sun Falls from the Sky, Golden Dynasty, Motorcycle Man the list goes on and on it makes me wonder if it truly deserves the 4 stars, would 3 be a more accurate rating?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - great series, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Broken Dove (Fantasyland Series Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
This is a fabulous continuation of the Fantasyland Series. The hero, Apollo, isn't a new character, but this is his well-deserved happily-ever-after. His happiness comes in the form of a broken and desperate woman trying to escape an abusive marriage. As with other books in this series she is transported to an alternate world where she fulfils her potential as a kick-ass heroine! It's a great, sexy, page-turner of a read, up there with the other stories in this series. If you haven't read this series, try it and any other Kristen Ashley book you can get your hands on for that matter.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Yet !, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Broken Dove (Fantasyland Series Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Never written a review before but thought this was the best book I have read by Kristen yet.

She is my fav author by far and although I wasn't too keen on Jagged - this more than made up for it. Well done Kristen.

5.0 out of 5 stars broken dove, 12 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Broken Dove (Fantasyland Series Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Classic Kristen Ashley. If you enjoy the fantastical, this is for you! Having read the other books in this series
I really enjoyed the other main characters involvement and the prophecy coming full circle. Enjoy

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantasyland, 27 Dec. 2013
In My Honest Opinion (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Broken Dove (Fantasyland Series Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I have been looking forward to Apollo and Ilsa's story and it did not disappoint.

I loved Apollo although he was not as alpha as some of KA's heroes. Ilsa (or Madeline/Maddie as she becomes) was a contradiction. In some respects very strong, in others a tad weak but then she is 'broken'. At some points in the story I felt KA did too much telling and not enough showing which I have rarely come across in her other books. Because this is the conclusion to the story (or is it?!) there was a fair amount spent on the 'war' which I will admit I found a bit boring and I would have preferred more of Apollo and Maddie's story.

That aside, it's still a good read and Apollo and Maddie have a very active sex life which involves some spanking and anal sex! There is not too much conflict between them but Apollo quite often lets his mouth run away with him but he more than redeems himself.

All the other couples from the previous books feature plus past characters that make a welcome return. I liked this one but of the four books, The Golden Dynasty remains my favourite from this series.

The epilogue is very good and then comes a nice surprise...there is one more book to come. One I had been hoping for, that of Noc from our World and the witch Valentine's twin from the other World. I look forward to that one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Broken Dove (Fantasyland Series Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Another excellent book from my favourite author. A must read!!!!
You never disappoint kristen, can't wait for the last one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cannot get enough of the Fantasyland Series, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Broken Dove (Fantasyland Series Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I love this series and have been eagerly waiting for the next instalment. The overreaching arch of the story is moving on briskly and it was great to have all the other couples turn up for more. I enjoyed the heroine greatly in this book. She was damaged, but gutsy and undefeated. Apollo I had to warm up to, but he eventually won me over. What I missed in this book was the feeling that LOTS happened. The other books are so full. You really get bang for your buck. Recently I have felt that this is just a tad less so, but not enough not to maintain my addiction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful., 13 May 2014
This review is from: Broken Dove (Fantasyland Series Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I'm an avid fan of Kristen Ashley books and this is a marvellous extension of her talents.

Totally different from other books she has written,(except for "The three wishes" ), I loved it.

Magnificent men, strong heroines, evil baddies and passionate erotic romance what more could you wish for? Can't wait to read another.

FABULOUS! Don't miss out........get reading now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yep... another great story, 29 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Broken Dove (Fantasyland Series Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I don't know how Kristen Ashley does it but each story is brilliant! This is the last in the series... at the moment... and I can`t wait for the next one. You definitely need to read this but I would advise you read the others first in order. True love is worth fighting for and this book shows that. Don't take my word for it, read it yourself and see.

5.0 out of 5 stars couldnt put down., 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Broken Dove (Fantasyland Series Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I spent the whole time shouting at the book, 'nooooo u cant do that' or 'say that', 'give it to him, he cant do that'. I loved it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Broken Dove (Fantasyland Series Book 4)