5.0 out of 5 stars It made me cry and can't wait for the sequel
Published 12 months ago by Chris

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what to say about this book.
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars It made me cry and can't wait for the sequel, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wrecked (Paperback)
It's funny to say you love a book that made you cry but in the story of Lorrie and Hunter it is so well written and you get so drawn into the story that you really feel their pain. Lorrie and Hunter are two wounded souls who find in each other relief from the suffering but they won't share with each other about what they are going through, yes it's full of angst but the way it's written is always that yes, you one day will reach the top of the hill, neither Lorrie or a Hunter are giving up and we are there cheering them on and giving them advice, along with Gary, Daniela and of course the kittens Taylor and Rampage. Can't wait to see how their story concludes, next year, not sure I can wait that long.

I received a free copy for an honest review

4.0 out of 5 stars Emotional Rollercoaster, 25 Sep 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (The Forever Series) (Kindle Edition)
I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Lorrie's mother was murdered, followed by the tragic death of her father. She lives with her aunt and family until she decides to go back to college to bring some normality back to her life. Lorrie hasn't been able to experience true feelings and numbness is her constant companion.

Hunter is a Senior at the same college with the reputation of a bad boy with the looks and build to go with it. He meets Lorrie whilst jogging the day Lorrie accidentally falls in a freezing lake and Hunter rescues her. She is instantly attracted to him but doesn't trust him. She discovers that he is a cage fighter and girls throw themselves at him, the more reason to avoid him!

As they start interacting with each other as friends, they realise that they both have feelings for each other and start a loving relationship. The gossips from the other girls are somewhat unsettling for Lorrie, especially when it comes to what Hunter gets up to with other girls.

Hunter is aware of Lorrie's past and her misconception about being involved with others and credit to him, he does his best to reassure her. Then everything takes a turn for the worse. Lorrie receives some very upsetting news and Hunter's secret is revealed, which on its own is very distressing. The only thing is that Lorrie is totally unaware of what is going on with Hunter and she is returning home to recover from her unsettling news.

By trying to help and support each other, they both end up in the worse situation possible, which brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to read the next book to find out how things turn out for both of them.

The only reason, I am giving this four instead of 5 stars is that I found that it dragged on a little towards the end but overall a gripping and emotional read, which left me wanting for more.

Please note this book is suitable for 18+ due to some violence and explicit sex.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what to say about this book., 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (The Forever Series) (Kindle Edition)
I really liked this story until they got together then it all got very cheesy very quickly,far too much sex in too short a space of time to make it even remotely believable! Once we went back to the story I started liking it again, but was totally blindsided by Hunter 's reason for being broken, it was handled well and sensitively but not something I would have read through choice being in his situation myself. Maybe something should be mentioned in the blurb as it made it an uncomfortable book for me to read, some thing's you just don't need to read. Sorry.

2.0 out of 5 stars Clunky writing - Sorry!, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (The Forever Series) (Kindle Edition)
I found the story really clunky. I can see where it was trying to go, but the dialogue and description is just so robotic. Almost like a screen play. Really could have done the story much better justice than she has.

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting idea, didn't quite make it to the page, got a bit lost in itself., 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (The Forever Series) (Kindle Edition)
When I read the blurb I thought this was going to be a really great read, I was wrong. I thought the concept was really good but the execution of the story was lacking.

At first I thought Lorrie was a sweet girl who had had a bit of a crappy life so far but then she kept flipping out over nothing. She wanted Hunter to only be her friend but when she found out that he was hooking up with other girls she played the role of a jealous girlfriend. She didn't want to tell him anything about herself but she wanted to know more about him.

The constant reference to how sculpted his muscles were and how gorgeous he was, I found irritating. Her mood swings and paranoia made me dislike her too. When she kept getting upset over people talking about her and when she thought they were talking about her too was over the top.

Hunter seemed like a decent enough guy, he was upfront with her about his exploits, how he didn't kiss and tell and I liked that he was honest with her.

I think this would have been a better book if it hadn't taken so long to get Lorrie and Hunter together, if Lorrie wasn't constantly taking out her sketch book and Hunter's backstory was more integrated into the book instead of left until the very end. It felt more like a foot note when it could have been made into much more.

I think the author could have made more of the romance and Hunter's story and still ended it as she did without ruining the chance to do a follow-on.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissatisfied, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (The Forever Series) (Kindle Edition)
The main character comes across neurotic, selfish, immature and just overall, annoying! This plot had so much potential. The male lead could have had more of a story if the female lead stopped moaning.

I didn't dislike it enough to stop reading, but I certainly skimmed some parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest Review, 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (The Forever Series) (Kindle Edition)
Lorrie has had a very hard few years after her mum was murdered and her dad committed suicide, but decides to return to campus to try and get back to normal. This is where she meets Hunter, the cage fighting hottie! Lorrie knows she should stay away and makes it clear that she doesn't want to be romantically involved with him but he persuades her to be friends. Hunter seems to be the only person on campus that doesn't know her past and she's grateful when he doesn't push her to find out, thats because he's also got a secret that he doesn't want her to know about just yet.

I did get a bit annoyed with Lorrie in parts of the story and wanted to give her a slap for the way she acted to some situations. Hunter is a total sweetheart and I just love him!

I laughed and cried reading the book and had some major awwwww moments. (These were mostly due to the tiny kittens lol)

The author deals with an issue that is extremely close to my heart with great accuracy and I totally connected with this particular character.

It ends in a bit of a cliffhanger but the story continues in Rescued and I will be reading this very soon! I can't wait to find out what happens with Lorrie and Hunter, I really, really, REALLY want them to have a happy ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking....., 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (The Forever Series) (Kindle Edition)
I love this story.... two damaged souls, trying to fix themselves and each other. Can't wait to read the next installment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great summer reading, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (The Forever Series) (Kindle Edition)
Wow........ Couldn't put it down. Very enjoyable if you're looking for an easy read. You'll love the character Hunter and if you don't.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Wrecked (The Forever Series) (Kindle Edition)
My new favourite author. So gritty and sexy without being in your face. I didn't think I would like it as i've read a few college guy / fighter / jealous ex type stories, but this was something else. My only critisism is dragging out the 'reveal' at the end, I ended up skipping pages just to see if Hunter would get to tell Lorrie before she left.

Wrecked (The Forever Series)