4.0 out of 5 stars If you like your romance intense and emotional then this will not disappoint!, 27 Mar 2014
Helen for www(dot)bigbooklittlebook(dot)com
Complimentary copy from author in exchange for an honest review.

I was thrilled when Karen Ann Hopkin’s package arrived in the post with a copy of ‘Forever’ in. I hurriedly finished off the book I was reading and got started. I had thoroughly enjoyed reading Karen’s previous two books in this Trilogy of complicated and forbidden love between Noah an Amish guy and Rose an ‘English’ girl. ‘Temptation’ and ‘Belonging’ had drawn me in and roused my curiosity in a world that is often hidden from the rest of us. We got to see inside the Amish community, see their rules and customs and follow Noah and Rose’s story as they fall hard and fast in love and seek to continue their relationship despite family and community opposition.
Part of the challenge for Noah and Rose is to remain committed to each other despite the odds and even though they are so young. I couldn’t help but root for them as I’d grown to very much like each of them as they dealt with so much along the way including their own doubts from time to time. It’s been good to see them mature as well, from being a bit selfish and childish in their attitudes at the beginning, to growing as people. Karen has developed their characters well and I enjoyed seeing that growth.

‘Forever’ brings a lot of change for Noah and Rose. I don’t want to give too much away but we do already know that Rose is pregnant and that these will be further testing times ahead for them. This is not going to be an easy time for Noah and Rose and yet it’s good to watch them remain steadfastly committed to each other.

There is heartbreak in this story and I want to warn you so you are prepared with the tissues. I wasn’t prepared for what happened and honestly this is the first time in a long time a story has made me sob into my pyjama sleeve! Tragedy changes everyone and often that tragedy causes others to think about their choices and what’s important. I’m glad to say that that having been through a bit of an emotional rollercoaster with this story, there are changes that bring happiness… Whilst the ending is maybe a bit predictable, I’m not sure I’d have coped had it been too different! I’m glad to have followed Noah and Rose’s story and think that although this is the end of the trilogy, there is enough potential storyline for them that it wouldn’t surprise me to see them pop up again one day…

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars, 31 Jan 2014
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Harlequin TEEN and Netgalley.)
This is book 3 in the ‘Temptation’ trilogy, and picks up where book 2 ‘Belonging’ left off.
**Warning – some unavoidable spoilers for books 1 & 2 ‘Temptation’ and ‘Belonging’.**
Rose is pregnant, Noah is in trouble for calling of his engagement to Constance, and Sarah is unable to court Micah because of Noah’s actions.
What will Rose’s father think to the pregnancy? What will be the reaction of the Amish community? And what does the future hold in store for Rose and Noah?

This was a good end to the series, but it wasn’t quite what I expected.

Rose was quite quiet in this book as she was trying to hide her pregnancy. I totally got where she was coming from, and her problems in confiding in people, but I also saw how it almost caused more problems. Rose’s pregnancy hormones also seemed to muddle her mind a little bit, and suddenly everything was about the baby.
Noah once again started this book by irritating me. I hated the way he constantly refused to change for Rose, and still expected her to be Amish, even after everything that happened. It just wasn’t fair of him to expect her to give up everything, when he wasn’t willing to do the same for her.

The storyline in this was okay, although things didn’t go quite the way I was expecting. Don’t get me wrong, things turned out okay, but it just wasn’t what I expected. Some things that I was expecting were a bit of a let-down, and I just felt like the book almost lost its way a bit in the middle.
The ending was happy, we got a proper ‘happily ever after’, and things fell into place that made this happen, almost to the point of this being a bit too fairy-tale-esque. It was a nice ending though, and I was glad that Noah and Rose were finally happy.
Overall; not what I expected, but a good end to the series.
7 out of 10.

Forever (A Temptation Novel - Book 3)
4.19