Price:£4.50 - £30.09

on 29 March 2009
This cycle mirror scores over previous mirrors I have had for my bike.

It allows a clearer view of traffic behind you because it protrudes further from the bicycle handle bar, effectively clearing your own body, something which my previous mirror did not. At the same time it is compact, allows simple adjustment for best view, and foldaway capability when not in use.
0Comment29 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 December 2011
I have bought one of these again as I snapped my original one by in a door that was slammed shut by the wind (I should have folded it in as I normally did). This mirror is simplicity to fit and I can honestly say it has saved me on many occasions from serious injury when turning right, as motorists seem to think that when you have held your arm out to turn right they can still pull around you, so for that last minute check before turning it is fantastic.

I would have given this product 5 stars but I think the brittleness of the plastic used in manufacturing lets it down a little.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 September 2012
Having tried a mirror with a flexible mount & noted a vibration issue I decided to try one of these fitting at the end of my drop bars.

The mirror arrived quickly with the mount as a kit of parts, instructions are fairly clear, the mount replaces your existing bar end plug and can fit a range of bar sizes, once tightened up the mount was nice and secure.

Mirror adjustment is easy and the ability to fold away is very handy when parking the bike, though it does mean you must re-align the mirror next time.

In use the mirror does provide a stable image, though on drop bars a little smaller than I would have liked and in this configuration it is necessary to look down to view especially when on the upper bars. Its clear this mirror shape is designed for LHS fitting, so RHS fitting in the UK means the view is a little compromised.

I`ve now been using this for over a year, it still works well and takes knocks without damage.

Overall a nice mirror, not ideal for drop bars, but to date I`ve not found one that is.
review image
on 6 September 2010
An excellent little mirror. Unlike a couple of others I tried it will fit drop (road "racing"), and straight ("commuter") handlebars and doesn't vibrate significantly. I would be curious to know what type of handlebar it doesn't fit since there is a very wide range of adjustment. You do have to insert it into the end of the handlebar which means cutting off the end of a rubber grip or removing the plug. I also wrapped a bit of teflon tape around the fitting of the mirror to its mount to provide a bit of extra friction so the mirror was more resistant to a slight knock's moving it. The mounting is a bit fragile and I have broken it on a couple of mirrors after carelessly dropping the bike or crashing. Actually you can sometimes effect a repair with a bolt through the mount. The silvered plastic mirror gets a bit scratched/tarnished after a time so a replacement every 2 or 3 years (for me) can be desirable. As you gather I keep buying it and have used a Zefal for more years than I care to remember.
on 2 July 2012
Having a motorbike ,always missed the mirror when cyling ,becomes instinctive . Read a lot of bad reviews about bar end mirrors-lots of wobbles ,cant see for the vibration etc . Well this ones a winner for me,no wobbles, clear view of whats behind and seems fairly robust .Folds flat to the bar end if you want to prop the bike up.
Just cut a hole in handlebar grip end using knife and nail scissors no need to cut whole end off ,shoved it in tightened it up job done . Buy one saves your neck muscles no end .
22 comments6 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2011
A great mirror. I have one fitted on both a drop handle bar and straight handle bar bike (with bar ends also fitted). Neatly folds back when the bike is parked. But it's not very tough. If the bike falls or the mirror is knocked it will break.I've bought several of these over the years. I keep coming back because I've not yet found anything better.
11 comment15 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 August 2008
Great little mirror, easy fit, nice and light. Doesn't negate the need to look over your shoulder but gives you a quick indication of what's coming at you from behind, be it a 4x4 gas guzzler or Chris Hoy (the real mcoy). Quick delivery too, I ordered it at 2 o'clock in the afternoon and it was with me by 9 in the morning.
0Comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 October 2011
I've tried a few different mirrors in the past and this is the second I've bought of this make and model the first is still going strong on bike number1)easy to fit, stable and free from vibration. The reach of the mirror gives a cyclist a life saving rear view of the unexpected idiot who might wipe you out unless you see them coming, don't think twice, buy it and you'll be pleased.
on 16 March 2013
I am a fan of the Zefal Cyclops mirror and have fitted them to most of my road bikes. They are relatively cheap, simple, reliable. and effective - especially if you are middle-aged like me, and get a stiff neck from craning around to watch rear-approaching traffic!

However, when this (straight bar) version arrived, I was somewhat taken aback to find it had an unfamiliar, angled fixing bracket. Fortunately, after I fitted it to the straight bars of my mountain bike - for the occasional road commute - I realised that this allowed the mirror to be folded in under the bar grips, out of harm's way, for when I am off-road and don't need a mirror. Excellent!

Also note that I have fitted this to a handlebar that has bar ends, and it is perfectly compatible (with mine, anyway).
on 17 May 2011
Easy to fit and adjust to the perfect position when on the move. What I found the most surprising is the image is very clear and remarkably stable - surprisingly easy to read. Doubtless I will break the thing at some point when I clout something or drop the bike on it but I would not hesitate in buying another. Thoroughly recommended