Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 August 2014
Truly brilliant album, have waited for a long time for music like this......wonderful!
on 3 August 2014
Brilliant album delivered in timescale. Listen to it and you will love it!!!!!!!!!!!
on 7 March 2014
Mike Oldfield back to basic with a rock album and great vocals by Luke Spiller who does a great job. I love it
on 22 March 2014
If it weren't Mike, it would be something I would have switched off within a few seconds and certainly wouldn't be thinking I must really give it another few chances. After three run-throughs it just sounds like very uninspired tripe with banal and twee lyrics. Mike has only rarely reached tolerability with his lyrics (while I would put instrumental works like Songs from Distant Earth in my 10 favourite albums of all time, and will even give repeated airtime to lesser works like Light + Shade, so I can clearly give him the benefit of any doubt and find positives in unlikely places) and much of his vocal-based work verges on naff / cringeworthy (like ABBA, but without the charm)...and I fear, from my perspective, this is right down there with the very worst of anything he did in the 80s. I am intrigued by the number of 5 star reviews - is it just because you love Mike and are even more forgiving than me, or do those who adore his instrumental works somehow also like this, which would perhaps require a very broad mixture of tastes. That said, perhaps I am just envious of those who are able to enjoy all of his catalogue.
on 6 March 2014
I enjoyed this album, it is very different from the more classical genre of the recent 'music of the spheres' album and goes back to Mike's earlier work 'Five Miles High' and 'Moon shadow'. Many of the tracks are immediately recognisable as 'Oldfield', The vocal version track that stand out are 'Sailing' the first track on the album, 'Chariots' and my favourite track ' Castaway', I think that this track balances the music perfectly with the vocal.

The second disc in this set which are all instrumental goes back into the area of 'Sentinel' which is my favourite Oldfield album, and in my opinion was better than the iconic 'Tubular Bells'.

Its good to see Mike back and on form, well worth listening to this box set.
on 11 July 2014
Should be a 4.5 stars! Different but really nice, love all but 2 tracks.
on 9 July 2014
Exactly what I wanted. Exceptional fast service. Good value for money
on 19 January 2016
Great CD. I have been a fan since the release of Tubular Bells.
on 1 November 2014
I am not sure what I had expected with this album, however having purchased every other album by Mike Oldfield I had to get it for completeness.

Well there is some good stuff and some not so good stuff but after 30 years in the profession you take the rough with the smooth and this is still better than much of what is released by younger musicians.

I really did like the packaging though!
on 6 August 2015
Mike Oldfield is extremely talented. We love it. Thank you.