5.0 out of 5 stars Little gem
Published 2 months ago by South West shooter

2.0 out of 5 stars Non-stick coating has started to come off
Sadly I have to review my initial rating due to the non-stick coating already wearing off after less than 6 months' normal use (twice a week).
Worse is that I can't find Quest's contact details in Amazon's list of manufacturers, and I also can't find them through Google.

Published 6 months ago by Petite Lynotte

2.0 out of 5 stars Non-stick coating has started to come off, 24 Sept. 2014
Petite Lynotte (Nottinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quest Rice Cooker, 0.8 Litre, 350 Watt (Kitchen & Home)

If somebody here knows the official Quest website address I could turn to, I would be very grateful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original review title "Non-stick bowl and glass lid with venting hole. No spitting!"

Do you mean that cute little pot sitting in a corner of my worktop, and that cooks rice perfectly, without spitting or overflowing, and leaves its surrounding neat and dry? Yes, I love it.

But the one I received is bit different from the one in the photo. The photo showed a light grey bowl (which I was after, because I was trying to avoid non-stick coating) and a metallic lid (which I thought was cool and reminded me of the old fashioned rice cooker I grew up with).

Well it arrived with a black non-stick coated bowl and glass lid.

A bit disappointed at first, but still it was cute, so I didn't return it. And I am glad I kept it. One of the big problem I was resigned to with my late two Breville rice cookers is that they always spitted out all over the worktop, water would collect around the lid then run down the sides. So I had to clean the worktop everytime after they finished cooking. I thought it was something unavoidable. No such problem with this little Quest marvel. I have been using it at least 2/3 times a week for a couple of months and it cooks rice perfectly and NEATLY. Very pleased with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems ok, 5 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Quest Rice Cooker, 0.8 Litre, 350 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
It cooks rice! At the price, you have to expect to get what you pay for. No special settings, its either on or off. It cooks and then switches to warm when it has finished. If you forget about it, expect burnt rice! I have only cooked sushi rice in it so far but it came out fine. The unit arrived with a glass lid, not metal as shown in the picture and I am not sure if I am happy about this or not! There is a hole in the lid for the steam to escape but a lot of water splat came out too, all over the counter. The unit itself is very lightweight and I am not sure how long lasting it will be. My main grumble is that there was some discolouration or paint missing around the top of the unit so I am hoping this won't mean it will get rusty.
Apparently you can cook other things in it but whether I will ever try that remains to be seen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Little gem, 8 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Quest Rice Cooker, 0.8 Litre, 350 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
Mulled over getting this or the Russell Hobbs and glad I went with the Quest. I've used a lot of rice cookers and this is simple to use and makes perfect rice every time (as long as you get the amount of water right!). As another reviewer mentioned, you get a glass lid (which I prefer) rather than a metal one. You also get a rice scoop and measuring cup. Time will tell how long this lasts but so far very happy with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, 20 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Quest Rice Cooker, 0.8 Litre, 350 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
Until now I did not really like rice - which my husband loves. Now it is perfectly cooked and has a good taste

1.0 out of 5 stars The coil at the base unit burnt out and my ..., 4 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Quest Rice Cooker, 0.8 Litre, 350 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
The coil at the base unit burnt out and my food stayed uncooked after the second use.I tried getting in touch with the dealer within the warranty but the dealer chose to ignore my request for a refund/exchange.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... experience with this small rice cooker has been very good. Having read reviews of many other more expensive ..., 13 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Quest Rice Cooker, 0.8 Litre, 350 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
My experience with this small rice cooker has been very good. Having read reviews of many other more expensive rice cooker.
Good value and reliable. I've been using electric rice cookers for years.

4.0 out of 5 stars but otherwise all good., 12 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Quest Rice Cooker, 0.8 Litre, 350 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
Did not receive the steel lid as shown on picture, instead got the normal glass lid, but otherwise all good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Loose cable, 12 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Quest Rice Cooker, 0.8 Litre, 350 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
Loose cable makes it hard to keep the cooker on especially when being moved. But it cooks rice well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value....but smaller than expected., 3 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Quest Rice Cooker, 0.8 Litre, 350 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
smaller than expected, but big enough for a family of five.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for students or single person, 17 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Quest Rice Cooker, 0.8 Litre, 350 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
Does the job . Cooks enough for 4 .

Quest Rice Cooker, 0.8 Litre, 350 Watt