5.0 out of 5 stars Charges Galaxy Tab 3
Using the PortaPow 3.5A charger's bottom USB port, the 'fast charge' one, my Galaxy Tab 3 (8 inch model) would not charge using a 6 feet BlueRigger cable so was sceptical about this cable, around the same length, doing a job that another reasonably high quality cable wouldn't.

Published 11 months ago by Tom

1.0 out of 5 stars Great at first
It's not often I write a review but on this occasion I felt compelled due to the poor quality?

Published 7 months ago by MR DM WEBSTER

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Great at first, 8 May 2014
This review is from: PortaPow Specialised Fast Charge Only 250cm Micro USB Cable for Blackberry, Xperia, HTC One, Google Nexus, Other Fast Charging Devices (Accessory)

I read plenty of reviews before purchasing the PortaPow cable (I know it's only a cable), but I just required a longer 3m lead for when charging my phone of an evening to make it easier to use while plugged in, I've used the OEM supplied leads with mobiles for years without any problems?
BUT with the PortaPow I purchased 2, one which my wife used also, but in less than 3 weeks hers stopped working & the end was slanted and loose? I did see in the reviews that others had received faulty ones but I possible thought that my wife had dropped hers while plugged in? BUT only a short time after mine has done exactly the same, end crooked & loose!!
So although at first they seem of a good quality & do provide a fast charge, you will find that your soon rooting in the draw for your old one that has been discarded!!

Not impressed at all after spending £12 on 2 leads that have both not lasted longer than a couple of months!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Initially good, but won't last more than a month, 4 Mar 2014
O. Gonzalez (UK) - See all my reviews
Used in conjunction with the PortaPow 5A wall USB charger, I initially though this cable was great. Did provide the same fast charge (1400 mA) as the original cable provided by Samsung (charging a Note 10.1 2014 and Note 2). However, after a couple of weeks usage (charging daily and during heavy use) the Micro USB end started bending and became very loose.
I assumed that this was only an isolated problem, as I had two and only one was affected, but shortly after the same thing happened to the second cable.
It's just not very well made. To get it to charge at all required fiddling with the end (ooer) till is started charging, and even then sometimes it would not charge the tablet, just make it get hot. I binned them, as I didn't want to risk damaging the battery. For a fiver each, this is not really acceptable. Definitely one to avoid!

4.0 out of 5 stars Should reduce charging times with some charging methods, 25 Jan 2014
sugob (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I got the 30cm Micro USB cable to try and reduce charging times with various phones etc. As noted in my review of the power monitor below, it does seem to increase power going to the device if being charged from a 'power and data' USB Port i.e. a computer, but not much difference if used with a wall-wart [which is 'power only']. Higher power should mean quicker charging but hopefully won't affect battery endurance

Just to be clear, this is a 'power only' cable - when connect device to computer using this cable then it will charge but computer will not be able to 'see' it i.e. can't transfer files etc. There is a 'fast charger' sticker on it but it should also say [no data] to make this clear [and maybe not be black like most of my other USB cables]

To measure current being drawn, I used

PortaPow USB Power Monitor/Multimeter/DC Ammeter for Solar Panels, Mains Chargers, PC
www.amazon.co.uk/PortaPow-Monitor-Multimeter-Ammeter-Chargers/dp/B00DF2485S

5.0 out of 5 stars Charges Galaxy Tab 3, 21 Jan 2014

But surprise, surprise, the tablet went immediately into fast charge mode. Happy customer.

The BlueRigger cable did charge from the other USB port on the PortaPow charger, just not the fast charge port, so whether it's the advertised 22AWG cable or something else that made the difference I don't know, but the PortaPow cable was the only one that let me charge the tab from the fast charge port of the PortaPow charger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn Fast Charge, 17 July 2014
This works really well.
My Patuoxun charging cradle (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G4125RA/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_47) seemed really slow at recharging my Sony Xperia Z1. Great to have something I could just sit the phone on, but often it would still be below 100% after an overnight charge!
As the phone charged just fine via a standard micro usb, I looked at the cable I'd run to the back of the cradle. Cheap shush, to be honest!
This cable fixed the problem. The phone now charges faster than ever - better even than with the one supplied with the phone originally!

And the length suits me just fine. It easily runs from the wall charger to my bedside cabinet, where the Patuoxun now sits. I'd look into any other "PortaPow" products based on the quality of this one!

REMEMBER - THIS IS A CHARGE ONLY CABLE. IT'S MAKE UP MEANS THAT IT HAS NO DATA CHANNEL SO DON'T EXPECT IT TO PORT YOUR PICTURES OR MOVE YOUR MUSIC!

C.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works but flimsy., 8 Jun 2014
Worked great for a few weeks (really fast charge on my Nexus 7) but then broke one time just removing it from my phone. The micro-USB end is just too flimsy, I've never broken a charger before and I'm always careful so I can only put it down to the quality of this item.

1.0 out of 5 stars Domes last more than a couple of months, 6 Jun 2014
The first cable would not charge a Samsung Note 2 or S3 when it was completely dead, but they sent another cable quickly.

This worked amazingly and charged the phones quickly and even when tethering, Bluetooth ,GPS etc were all on at a decent rate.

Unfortunately both the cables now don't work as the connectors is so loose it just falls out without charging.

I hope they replace with new version of this cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars PortaPow specialised fast charging 250cm micro usb cable., 13 Aug 2014
Mr. DJR. "DJR." (Greater Manchester U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I would recommend any PortaPow charging cable for charging up your electronic devices, I have 2 tablets and lots of other gadgets that use the mini HDMI ports for charging and when their own cables became loose fitting and fiddly I looked around for a good cable to start using & PortaPow was recommended the cable is thicker than most which helps carry the charging current to your device better so it should charge quicker, plus if you should buy an inferior cable sometimes it just won't charge your device up especially prone to tablets as they are higher in amps than other devices and PortaPow has not let me down yet even when I have charged my tablets from an external battery. I highly recommend any Length of PortaPow micro usb cable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Charges fast, but dies fast, too., 8 Aug 2014
Suzanne Rush - See all my reviews
I've had two of these now. Both were awesome, charging much faster than the usual low-A cables, but both lasted about three weeks before dying. With both, the micro USB plug started to loosen, pointing out at an angle and wobbling so that the cable had to be stressed to keep the connection into the port running, which led to the rubber at the join becoming stressed and separating, and then the now-exposed wires stood not a chance and quickly started fraying. Way too delicate, which is a shame considering the out-of-box quality, but makes it not worth it when it needs replacing every few weeks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Charges fast but connector is not durable, 21 Dec 2014
This cable met both of my requirements. 1- That it should be long. 2- it should charge faster than usual cables. However it is not a durable cable that lasts. This is due to the connector becoming slanted after a months use. Now when I use it it slips out when it slightly knocked. Due to this i will have to get a new cable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›