5.0 out of 5 stars What a find!
I've got a bit of a thing for British Police Procedurals. I particularly like a good series where you can follow the lead character as they typically drink too much, smoke 200 a day, stumble from one intense relationship to another and seem to be a little bit cleverer than their boss as they solve any crime they encounter.

Authors like Brian McGilloway, RC...
Published 6 months ago by Sebby

3.0 out of 5 stars spoiled by poor punctuation
I enjoyed the story and I think that the author is getting better. The kindle edition needs editing as bad grammar and punctuation spoil the overall enjoyment. Any word ending in s does not necessarily need an apostrophe and where is a different word from were. This needs to be addressed if the books are going to be increasing in price.
Published 1 month ago by elizabull

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What a find!, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Way That It Falls: DS Lasser series volume two (Kindle Edition)

Authors like Brian McGilloway, RC Bridgestock and Ian Rankin have delivered great characters and gritty storylines to my kindle over the past year or so but I have never felt compelled to write any sort of review until now!

Rob Roughley has created a character that has all the flaws you'd expect but his style of writing has drawn me in to the story like no other. I could list all of the normal cliche's about it being 'fast paced' and 'unputdownable', because that's true of the two books I've read so far, but ultimately I just wanted to say that I genuinely enjoyed both books and read them back to back.

The DS Lasser books are, in my opinion, brilliant. I think it's customary to say that I can't wait for the next installment at this point and that is most certainly the case with Rob Roughley's books for me!

So bring on the next in series - preferably so I can download it today please - if you haven't read them you are missing out on an author who I believe will be a household name in years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE WAY THAT IT FALLS, 9 Jan 2014
I really liked this novel. Gritty and compelling street level crime with drug lords scheming against one another as well. What a good writer it never lost it's pace. This was set in the North West of England but it is the sort of underbelly that it could be in lots of cities in the UK.Good luck to Rob Roughley, I for one will be buying his books from now on.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent plot & gripping!, 23 Dec 2013
Despite poor layout, was soon not bothered as I was drawn into a cast of colourful, gritty characters. DS Lasser makes a great copper, with a good sense of justice, tempered with the general faults of a 'typical man' (sorry fellas) ... Good strong storyline, excellent cast & definitely a page turner/swiper ;) - will be looking out for more e-books from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 29 Jan 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Needle House & The Way That It Falls is an excellent sequel. The character of DS Lasser is evolving in an interesting & realistic way which is also addictive & ensures you want more. Loved the Plymouth character! Only down point for me was the lack of suspense as all the bad guys were introduced as one by one they took centre stage - so no unnerving air of an unknown & unpredictable psychopath at work wreaking havoc. Can't wait until the next novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 4 April 2014
From start to finish I was completely gripped.wow!!!! Can't wait to read the next one. Just couldn't put this book down.......

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 9 Mar 2014
Great book. Roughley's stories are superb. Bit of finishing needed that's all. Well worth the purchase. The next Simon Kernick!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 24 Jan 2014
Really enjoyed this book as I did the 'Needle House' I love this author's style and apart from the spelling, grammatical errors the story flowed. Coming from this part of the country I was drawn into the story and felt I was walking alongside Lasser watching the story unfold. These books are definitely my favourite reads and hopefully Mr Roughley will give us the pleasure of reading more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another triumph., 17 Jan 2014
Gritty and compelling with a host of well rounded, albeit mostly unsavoury, characters. Another page turner from Mr Roughly. I eagerly await the next installment from Lassers's crime files.

5.0 out of 5 stars another great book from Rob roughley, 11 July 2014
Great sequel to the needle house. There's something about Sgt Lasser that just draws you in. He's far from perfect, drinks too much and smokes too much but for some reason you're compelled to like him. I thought this book was going to be a bit tame compared to the first in the series but don't despair the blood and guts do put in an appearance, just later on than in book one.

Can't wait to read the next two books, this author has been a real find.....terrific stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars love the character., 25 Jun 2014
I love ds laser can't wait to read the next and there will be more to follow.i think he should be promoted after what he's been through.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›