5.0 out of 5 stars Highly enjoyable listen...
After reading a lot of chatter on the web, I was concerned this might not live up to the high expectations I have from Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Glad I decided to find out for myself. While this is vastly different from Andrew's more operatic scores (like Sunset, Aspects and Phantom) he is a gifted composer who's tunes find a way of remaining in your mind long...
Published 11 months ago by chernjam

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite a 'Stephen Bored'
My problem with the title still remains: Stephen Ward is not the title of a musical. It relies on a decent knowledge of the Profumo affair- i.e. knowledge beyond the fact that there was probably someone called Profumo involved. If you're going to use a name, it better have an obvious resonance. There was a musical about the Profumo affair in 2007 actually, called A Model...
Published 5 months ago by Miss Scarlett

5.0 out of 5 stars The songs work best when actually watching the the show which I found ..., 6 Dec 2014
The songs work best when actually watching the the show which I found to be an absolutely riveting experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Aug 2014
Nice music!

5.0 out of 5 stars great songs, 14 Feb 2014
some fresh fab songs from the greatest writer of musicals in the 20 and 21st century Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber

1.0 out of 5 stars What a let down. Dull, lack lustre and plain boring., 10 Feb 2014
Mr. D. J. Woolrich (england) - See all my reviews
I love musical theatre and attend many West End productions so was very much looking forward to the new ALW sound track.

I even saved it to enjoy on my holiday to Egypt whilst relaxing in the sun, HOWEVER what a disappointment this is.

The songs are lack lustre and very dull. The 'hulahoop' song attempts to liven things up but fails miserably as it sounds like it's written by a child. The lead's voice is good but it's all him mostly.

I was expecting something like 'Love Never Dies' or 'Phantom'. I thought 'Betty Blue Eyes' was lame but this takes the bullet.

Time to retire I feel Mr Webber. If this doesn't close before 6 months I'll be amazed.

Having watched the trailer it's one I'll definitely be missing. If any one wants this, it's on Ebay!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Andrew Lloyd Webber's score since Sunset Boulevard, 6 Jan 2014
After seeing the very first performance of this musical, on 3rd December, I was expecting for this Original Cast Recording with much anticipation.
I must give 5 stars because I consider the musical and the score to be the best from composer Andrew Lloyd Webber since his Sunset Boulevard. I strongly recommend going and seeing the musical in London.

As for this score, it contains some of the best songs from Andrew in years. There are reminiscences of Sunset, Cats, Evita and even Starlight Express. There are touchs of The Woman in White and shades of Love Never Dies, in fact, it is the only musical I remember in which you recognize Lloyd Webber music through so many past musicals from him. There are even 2 notes from Memory, from Cats, hidden in one of the duets. But I don't want to be misunderstood: in spite of faint similarities, each song is original on its own. There is a wide variety: catchy songs, ballads, a love duet, strong songs based on rythm, and even more convoluted and nostalgic, like "Mother Russia", waltz-like songs like in Evita...

The first 12 songs (Act One) are very refreshing, happy and of light mood. The Act Two is much more obscure. In fact, IMHO, I would recommend Webber to change this second part, even if the story changes mood too. But I would supress one or two songs, and would write two more songs. Even if it is a lot of work for every one involved, it could extent the lifetime of the show several times, as was the case in Love Never Dies.

The performance from the cast is perfect and the quality of the recording is very high. I strongly recommend it. It is a pitty (and not understandable) that it is not in the first 10 top-selling.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 22 April 2014
I had expected better and, had it continued for a longer run in the West End, would not have been tempted to go and see it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stephen Ward CD, 8 Mar 2014
This is one of Webbers worst shows althought not actually seen it but read the script and heard the CD. There are only about 3 good songs in it and there were below par for Webber....Thought it would have been better for Tim Rice to have done the lyrics....This is NOT for family listening as some bad language in the lyrics. This is good for theatrical goers and collectors of anything to do with this period. Not the best of singers on the whole and some of the songs I thought were a little tacky. Would rate this show and songs as one of the worst Webber has ever been involved with...Worth a listen or two but will never be a memorable one like Evita, JCS or even Joseph.....

5.0 out of 5 stars 1963, 6 Feb 2014
Mr. W. Tatum (Essex Uk) - See all my reviews
Track 12.....1963 is fantastic,worth the price of the cd by its self. Would love to see the show,loved P Of The Opera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrew Lloyd Webber as I like it!, 23 Jan 2014
One of the best Musicals from the Lord, magnificant tunes, interesting story, wonderful voices and a delightful memory of the original performance seen last December in London. A MUST for ALW fans!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Gift, 23 Jan 2014
Awesome CD! I play it everyday. Am thrilled with my Christmas gift to myself. Thank you for your prompt service!!!!