4.0 out of 5 stars Witch Fall
All things fall.
Even Witches.
Supreme in their dominion over the seasons, storms, and seas, the Witches have forgotten the unmatched destructiveness of mankind. And among the weapons men seek are the magical songs of the Witches.
Published 11 months ago by Amethyst Bookwyrm

2.0 out of 5 stars Sequel did not keep my attention
*I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

I read and enjoyed the first two books in this series and the novella which came after it was a decent read. But I just didn't enjoy this book at all for reasons I will explain..

Published 9 months ago by Bigfoot

4.0 out of 5 stars Witch Fall, 16 Jan 2014
All things fall.
Even Witches.
Lilette is one of the few who see the decadence and decay weakening the Witches. As an outsider amid her own kind, can she help them survive the coming war?

Witch Fall is a very good novel by Amber Argyle and while you don't have to read Witch Song, I would suggest you read Witch Rising first as it does help with the story. Argyle is really good at writing stories that suck you in, and it was interesting to read a book where you know how it ends but you don't know how it happens. Witch Fall is a powerful and tragic story which is fast-paced and full of action and romance.

Lilette is a kind and brave character who has had a tough life and because of it has learn when to fight and when to bide her time unlike most heroines. However, she is a bit too good at everything, which did make her harder to connect to, unlike Senna in Witch Song. This book has great secondary characters both good and bad, but my favourite has to be Jolin, as it was interesting to see what she was thinking at the beginning of each chapter and she is the most realistic person in the book as she is ambitious but a good person.

Another interesting character in this book is Han as even though something he comes across as too harsh, he has been punished in the past for protecting people he cares about and is Lilette's strength. However, I did find the romance a bit too quick for my liking as they have not seen each other since they were children, yet they were falling for each other after only a few days.

Witch Fall is a very enjoyable YA fantasy novel which I would recommend to people who like Amber Argyle's other books, or fans of good YA fantasy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Witch Fall (Witch Song Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Became totally addicted to this series

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest review given, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: Witch Fall (Witch Song Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Reviewed as part of the Girls on Fire Boxed Set.

I’m not even sure I can describe how much I loved this book. Have you ever read a book that was so perfect you felt like it had been written just for you? This is how I felt reading Witch Fall. The writing style is so absolutely sublime, it is full of poetic descriptions and yet an economy of words that allows the action in the book to really shine. Lilette’s journey in this book is truly amazing, if I had been her I would have broken down halfway through! Through a series of political maneuvers she finds herself orphaned and far away from her home, Kalari, which has long been the home of witches, witches who use songs to harness elemental powers. Lilette soon finds herself embroiled in a battle between mankind and the witches of Kalari. Lilette is such a remarkable character even though she’s a teenager she exhibits an internal strength and serenity that aides her throughout the book. She understands that there is a time for fight and a time to retreat. She has a loving heart and a graceful soul. She has to make a lot of difficult decisions and I think the reason that she is able to withstand so much tragedy is because of her relationship with Han. Han is the son of the Harshen Emperor and he grew up with Lilette. Han is Lilette’s rock, he’s strong and even tempered, and he loves her with a depth that will take your breath away. I seriously ugly cried during parts of this book……I almost gave myself a headache I cried so much, but don’t let that deter you from reading this. This is an amazing story with brilliant characters, rich exotic worlds, and tons of intrigue and action. P.S. Even though it says it's book 3 in the Witch Song series it is a stand alone and can be read as such. Although I'm definitely going to read the other books in the series!!

4.0 out of 5 stars She's done it again, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Witch Fall (Witch Song Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Another enjoyable story that has kept me wanting to get to the end but also dreading it as what can I read then?

5.0 out of 5 stars enthrawling, 10 April 2014
This review is from: Witch Fall (Witch Song Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I found this book a very easy read and found it hard to put down as i wanted to know what would happen next. I have only just found this author but will be looking out for more of her work. A great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars captivating, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Witch Fall (Witch Song Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put these down. From the first chapter of the first book to the last of this. The story was well written and had me following the characters through all theyre adventures. Compelling reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerfully absorbing., 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Witch Fall (Witch Song Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
magnificent conclusion to the witch song series. powerful, sad and moving. have enjoyed immensely sorry to come to the end. Will be reading more by Amber Argyle like her style.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sequel did not keep my attention, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Witch Fall (Witch Song Book 3) (Kindle Edition)

There is no issue for me with the writing style, character and plot development, storytelling, worldbuilding etc of the author. She is very good at setting out a story, developing it and drawing you in to care about the characters and wonder what will happen next.

The problem I had with it was purely personal. I wasn't greatly interested in reading Lilette's story to be honest. I was more interested in seeing what might happen to the characters in book two. Yes Lilette is important to the story in books one and two and I fully understood why the author wanted to take the reader back to see how things came to be. It does explain the actions and fears of the witches. I have no issue with that and I'm sure lots of people will enjoy it. But it just isn't my kind of read. I didn't like the old historical book setting and the string of miserable experiences that come from being in that period of history. I'm not a huge fan of books set in old anywhere except when it is Tudor times, so I was never going to connect with the plot.

I can imagine that some of you are saying 'well why read it if you knew it wasn't your thing?' Well the answer to that was simple. I agreed to review the series based only on reading the blurb for book one so I had no idea what was coming in the other books. I hate looking at blurbs for later books in case a massive spoiler yells out at me and blows a big raspberry! In this case it is just unfortunate that the story went in a different direction from what I enjoy and that is no fault of the author.

I certainly don't regret reading the series and I do recommend it to those of you who like paranormal historical, paranormal romance and dark fantasy. The characters are great, the plot is always moving and twisting and there should be something in it for all readers.

I rate this book 2 out of 5 on my star rating which is different to this site.

1-didn't like
2-ok
3-like
4-really liked
5-loved

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing addictive story! A must read!, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Witch Fall (Witch Song Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Loved loved loved the whole series of these books, Amber Argyle is an amazing writer. I found it very hard to put down, as soon as I finished one I started the next, the brilliance of the kindle app... Amazing low prices too.
I am eagerly waiting to read more of Amber Argyle's work!

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Witch Fall (Witch Song Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
loved the book and had t read the others wish there were more never read a book by amber argyle but will look out for her new books from now on GREAT

Witch Fall (Witch Song Book 3)