5.0 out of 5 stars For all would be writers, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Reality of Independent Writing (Kindle Edition)
Fine, punchy, amusing book, the author has a dry wit which comes through in his writing. I have read other books of his and he is consistently good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Should be required reading, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Reality of Independent Writing (Kindle Edition)
To all of those who think they have a book in them, I would say read this short book. I say it also to many who have already published, particularly the self-published. It is, quite simply, the most frank, brutally honest and no holds barred missive on the subject I have ever read.

It's from someone who really does know what they are talking about, and so much of it resonated with my own personal experience. Readers should read this too, even if they have no intention of venturing into writing themselves. It sets out clearly for them some of the behind the scenes detail of indie publishing of which they were doubtless totally unaware.

It won't be to everyone's taste. There is some strong language which may offend some, it is frequently irreverent and one has to hope that the incitements to commit murder really are said in a joking way.

But really, do read it. It's fascinating, you will be glad you did.

I rate it very highly. I rate it so highly I am awarding it 4 stars instead of 5. I am not a family member of the author and have only 'met' him on Facebook. But I would like to see this do so well that I am resisting the urge to give it the fifth star. Once you have read it, you should understand why.