5.0 out of 5 stars yum, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Make it Lighter: Healthier Versions of Your Favourite Recipes (Kindle Edition)
This book is perfect if you need to learn how to cook healthier meals without compromising on taste. It's packed full of familiar favourites and the tips contained within are ingenious. I've been following the BBC Goodfood books and apps for years now and I'd always hoped they'd compile a healthier version recipe book based on this lovely lady's creations - definitely worth buying if you're watching your waistline but love your food :) I would recommend this to everyone I know without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharon, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Make it Lighter (Hardcover)
I have found Angela Nilsen's recipes in the "Good Food" magazine very well thought out and obviously more healthy. I have already done three recipes from this book and been very pleased with the results.

4.0 out of 5 stars Low calorie dishes without using low fat substitutes, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Make it Lighter (Hardcover)
Have made the Moussaka and the chocolate mousse - both very lovely dishes. Have already bought a copy for a friend who is calorie conscious. Use of herbs and spices deliver lovely flavours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 5 Aug 2014
This is a really lovely cook book, I've only made the flap jacks and the hummus, but the recipes were easy to follow and the end product was lovely. I didn't realise that the author wrote the bbc good food healthy version recipes, so I have actually made the brownies and the chicken pie before, again, they were both easy to follow and delicious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jusy what I wanted, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: Make it Lighter (Hardcover)
Just been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and looking for sugar light dishes to serve at meals - looks good :)

5.0 out of 5 stars THE COVER PHOTOGRAPH IS MISLEADING, 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: Make it Lighter (Hardcover)
As an avid baker and collector of baking books, I was fooled by the cover of this book which leads one to believe it's a BAKING book. It isn't - it's got cake recipes in it, yes, but it also contains savoury recipes, just to set the record straight.

Having said that, it is a lovely book - easy to follow recipes with lovely photographs. However, I just wanted baking recipes so I returned it so that someone else could benefit from owning this lovely book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good book with tempting recipes, 30 April 2014
Good recipes without adding calories or inches to waistines. easy to follow & hope another book will be written to add to this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, 8 April 2014
I've made three of the cakes and they are just as delicious as more calorific versions. Great to have it on my kindle as I don't have room for any more cook books. Good index organised by calorie content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will it make me lighter?, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Make it Lighter (Hardcover)
great book,to follow the ultimate cook book,some great recipes that i look forward to making and eating ,well done Angela..

5.0 out of 5 stars Wendy -, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Make it Lighter (Hardcover)
Bought this book because my husband is a diabetic now and I love cooking. Very pleased with all the recipes everyone I tried has turned out perfectly. I would certainly recommended this book. Second favourite to my Mary Berry.