on 3 October 2004
This book was my son's first horrible science book which has given him an insatiable appetite for more horrible science books, of which he is now an avid collector. He finds these books, easy to comprehend, the terminology is enthralling and makes a satisfying read. Having been a reluctant reader of fiction and non fiction books, the 'horrible' book series have hit the right button.
on 21 February 2004
Brilliant book easy to read i bought it for my son who loves it.
I've actually read it myself and the horrible diseases is brilliant and well covered. I'm a student nurse and found the hormone piece very educational for myself. Well worth a read from age 7 years upwards.
on 6 March 2007
'Are you dying to find out....

where your food goes?
what happens when a boil bursts?
why dead people need a haircut
which animals live on your eyelashes?

If you think you can stomach the 'sick' side of science then read on, as the human body goes under the scalpel.
Test the theories of your own brain power, discover the secrets of strange scientists and learn how to diagnose deadly diseases.
With frightful fact files and curious quizzes, teacher tests and crazy cartoons.

158 pages, split over 13 chapters:-

* Introduction
* Bits of body
* Sweaty skin
* Horrible hair and nasty nails
* Sensational senses
* The bloody bits
* The gasping lungs
* Deadly diseases
* Growing pains

Written in a variety of fonts in the usual Nick Arnold entertaining style.
Black and white illustrations throughout, as well as 'Horrible Health Warnings' and 'Bet you never knew' fact-boxes, to keep you on your toes!
on 26 February 2005
G'day everyone. i think that this book is very interesting-(well all the Horrible science books are)This one is the BEST!!!!!!
on 3 November 2003
I have always enjoyed Horrible Science books they always give the knowledge of the chosen subject in a very clear and easy way. Just like every other Horrible Science book Blood, Bones and Body Bits does not falter it expresses all the aspects of the body in an easy to understand way so that even very young children can read it and understand it with relative ease.
Another amazing title in the Horrible Science Series.
on 8 August 2000
This book is my favorite, I think Nick is an excellent author. Blood bones and body bits is funny and educational. I used to look at science books and think "boring" but now I want to read every science book I see.
on 18 March 2010
I bought this as a way of encouraging a pupil of mine to find out things for themselves. As the book is set out in a less formal and often humerous way this seemed to appeal to this lads way of thinking. At last I've found something he wants to read. I well recommend this series of books.
on 5 October 1999
Hi, my name is Chris. Blood, bones and body bits tells you everything you want to know about the insides and out sides of your body. It tells you why dead people need a hair cut and which animals lives on you. Its a funny and exciting all at the same time. You should go and by it NOW. TTFN = = ta ta for now.
on 11 April 2000
I really enjoyed this book, but I felt a bit sick at some points! If I was asked to say my favourite part in this book, I wouldn't know what part to say! It was all that good! I hope that other people will buy this book after they have read my review.
on 27 June 1999
Stunning! This book was very scary but it interested me all the way. It told me lots of information about body parts. I think everyone should read it. I would give it a rating of excellent. 10 out of 10!