5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with the quality
Delivery as all the other reviews have mentioned was excellent - I was helped to unpack and lift the treadmill out of the box given a quick run down of the assembly (I didn't pay for setup so this was a very nice touch).

Published on 15 Oct. 2012 by Christopher J. Davis

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the reviews are making out.
Treadmill broke down twice in 10 hours use, returned with full refund.
Published 24 days ago by stephen john taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with the quality, 15 Oct. 2012
Christopher J. Davis (UK) - See all my reviews

It took no more 30 minutes to assemble. I used pliers to hold two of the nuts in place, without this it may have been a little fiddly with the provided multi-spanner.

Instructions are decent, the guides to assemble and maintain are handy especially as I needed to adjust the belt initially, which was a couple of turns of an alum key.

Lubricant needs to be applied under the running belt during periodic maintenance which has been included in the pack.

The actual sturdiness feels very similar to what you find in a gym. Speed and incline are very good. I hit around 12-13 kph (7.5-8.0 mph) when I hit my limit and cannot go much faster (or I could but it would be like running down the side of a hill where your feet go faster than they should!).

There is two sets of speed and incline buttons on the arm rails and on the display. Also, you can jump to 3, 6, 9, 12 kph or incline at a push of a button, very handy for interval training.

Included are hand weights and a water bottle which are both very good quality and durable.

A few negatives, but they don't detract from the 5 star rating based upon price Vs quality/service.

Cut off cord - very easy to snag because it has little resistance other than a small magnet.

No pause button meaning even a short break will reset your progress unless you leave the motor running.

No physical copy of the programs manual although it was emailed to me upon request.

The programs are highly under-tuned. Speed programs have walking at 1-2 kph (0.6-1.2 mph) for up to 6 minutes continuously.
Every speed and incline program includes on at least 6 x 1.5 min x 1-2 kph intervals.
I could understand if there were more challenging programs to accompany which keeps a higher minimum, but they don't.
In defense the program manual does state "The programs are designed for beginner and intermediate levels, for advanced training please use the manual program...."

If there was a pause button and better tuned interval programs then they would have been the icing on the cake. For me, I am more than happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't recommend highly enough, 16 Sept. 2014
This treadmill is great. I spent ages looking round for a treadmill as i have used them in the gym but never owned my own one. I looked on other websites before Amazon. But i kept getting drawn back to this treadmill and company. The reviews on here stood out and really made this treadmill appealing. So i decided to go with my gut an purchase.
I am not disappointed in my decision. Maxima called me to arrange a convenient delivery day for me. I ended up opting for there set up option (small additional cost compared to the added service). They delivered when they said they would into my upstairs room. Set the treadmill up and showed me how to use and even how to look after it. I was very impressed by the young lad that did this.
I really didn't believe the other reviews about how great maxima fitness customer service was. But I can honestly say that i was blown away. The best I've had in a long while.
The treadmill itself works and looks great. Haven't used all the programmes yet but they all seem good even if a little short. But a small issue as normally i just set a timer on it for a 30min run and then speed up and slow down and raise and lower the treadmill my self. The weights i haven't really used but can see how they would help. Oh and one more thing. Having the additional buttons on the arm rails is a great idea, so easy to use.
To sum it up, i think the treadmill is great, i think my decision to buy this model was the right one and can't fault the customer service, which is really refreshing in this day and age!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service and excellent product, 6 April 2011
Ordered the treadmill because it met my budget and functionality requirements. Also received an email from Maxima to, confirming my order requirements. The treadmill was delivered on the due date, and I had it assembled within 15mins. The booklet is straightforward, and operation of the treadmill is simple, which is what I wanted.

The programmes all work, with plenty of variety so that you don't get bored with the routine. Used my ipod with the speakers, and they are clear and a reasonable volume. Folding away the treadmill is a simple one person operation that takes 5 seconds.

The running surface is fairly large and comfortable to walk / run on, and the structure of the treadmill is solid and looks very durable. Incline and speed are easily adjusted on the hand rails too, which makes life a bit easier. Also tried the heart measurement, which works fine.

Received detailed programme information from maxima on the exact incline / speed profile for each programme, which allows you to identify your favourite programmes.

Superb treadmill and excellent service, recommended without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 3 Nov. 2013
Rachel (Bedford, UK) - See all my reviews
I chose this product after a lot of research and also as the Amazon reviews were excellent.

Firstly, the service from Maxima fitness was excellent. They contacted me very quickly following receipt of the order. I was only at home one day in the week I ordered it, and they were able to deliver it on that day. I paid an additional £50 for the set up and installation service.

The engineer from Maxima was on time and set the machine up very efficiently and was keen to explain all the functions to me. He took me through all the features and got me to try them myself so that I knew what I was doing. He was extremely helpful and gave me tips as to how to maintain the machine and offered Maxima's support in the future. He couldn't have been more helpful.

I have used the machine twice now and I actually find some of the functions much better than the ones in the gym. It feels like a very strong and sturdy piece of equipment and very easy to use. I like the fact that when you are using the manual keys to increase/decrease speed you can just hit 3, 6, 9, and 12 speed without having to scroll up through the speeds.

Overall I am thrilled.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 13 Dec. 2012
I'm happy with this, would have liked the deck to be slightly bigger but then this isn't a full commercial model. Excellent communications from this company and good delivery. I would recommend this as a real value for money purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 16 Sept. 2014
I bought this treadmill around 6 months ago. I did a bit of research into specification and reviews before buying and this treadmill seemed to have a good balance between specification, price and positive reviews.
I've not been disappointed- this is a really good piece of equipment. It's very well built, easy to set up and easy to use.
The company's customer service has been spot on as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great great purchase., 15 Sept. 2014
After reading the rave reviews for this treadmill, I decided to go for it and order one for myself. I've been running for about a year and am up to 10k runs, but wanted something for dark nights when I don't feel safe running outside alone to keep my fitness up over the winter months. This treadmill is brilliant, it's very easy to set up and very easy to use. The weights on the sides and easy to reach water bottle are bonuses. The treadmill comes with a training guide with 48 programmes - some for beginners and some for more experienced runners, or you can do your own training. The speed increases/decreases and the incline changes are easy to operate while running and happen quite seamlessly. The treadmill is heavy, so it's a good idea to choose a permanent place for it rather than attempt to move it around a lot, but the folded position takes up relatively little floor space and it's very easy to fold/unfold. Even my husband, a non-runner, is impressed and despite only owning this treadmill for a few weeks he has already had a few goes running on it, and he plans to 'go for a walk' on it today. Definitely a great purchase. Maxima are also a very helpful, friendly company - the person delivering was lovely, and I had a follow up call a few weeks after the purchase to check I'd been able to set it up and to see if I needed any help or advice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Treadmill., 22 Dec. 2014
Let me start by saying this is a great treadmill, it’s very solid and robust. On first use the belt slipped a little below 5kph but that stopped after a couple of uses. In operation the motor is smooth and pretty quiet. It’s plenty fast enough for me as a casual runner and feels just as good quality as the ones I had been using at the gym. I don’t use the weights but they are a nice touch if you want a little arm workout while running. The speaker is ok but nothing special for playing music, I much prefer to wear headphones so I can feel more immersed and not have to listen to my feet pounding on the footplate. I tried the incline and it goes to a decent level but it’s not something I would really use often so can’t comment on how good it is in practise. I can imagine it would be good for simulated hill walking.
I have knocked a star off because the manual and listing say it has 40 programs but there is nothing supplied to tell you what they are. I can pick a program on the control panel but I have no idea what it is going to do while I’m running. I have tried emailing Maxima for a program list but had no reply from them. Just hope they are not the same if there is a problem with the runner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great treadmill, 4 Oct. 2013
I waited a while before posting a review so that I had been using the treadmill for a while and I have to say that I think this has been a fantastic purchase. It is solid and sturdy, and the programming is really good so you can mix it up, either do one of the set programmes, and you can override any of the settings if you wish, or just create your own. Both my husband and I use it almost daily and would both highly recommend it. Being able to fold it is also useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 9 Feb. 2013
I've had this treadmill for over a year now and it's still going strong. Great for regular use, easy maintenance and well fast enough for me. Only down side is that the programmes may not be hard enough for some people.