5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with the quality
Delivery as all the other reviews have mentioned was excellent - I was helped to unpack and lift the treadmill out of the box given a quick run down of the assembly (I didn't pay for setup so this was a very nice touch).

Published on 15 Oct. 2012 by Christopher J. Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars this is better than the last one we bought - however it ...
this is better than the last one we bought - however it appears that the calorie counter DOES not work as you are unable to put your weight in which is not correct we have asked why but despite sending some emails they did not come back to us which is not great really. Whatever the speed you are doing/incline/ etc - the calorie counter records the same - so this is...
Published 6 days ago by patricia anne roylance

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with the quality, 15 Oct. 2012
Christopher J. Davis (UK) - See all my reviews

It took no more 30 minutes to assemble. I used pliers to hold two of the nuts in place, without this it may have been a little fiddly with the provided multi-spanner.

Instructions are decent, the guides to assemble and maintain are handy especially as I needed to adjust the belt initially, which was a couple of turns of an alum key.

Lubricant needs to be applied under the running belt during periodic maintenance which has been included in the pack.

The actual sturdiness feels very similar to what you find in a gym. Speed and incline are very good. I hit around 12-13 kph (7.5-8.0 mph) when I hit my limit and cannot go much faster (or I could but it would be like running down the side of a hill where your feet go faster than they should!).

There is two sets of speed and incline buttons on the arm rails and on the display. Also, you can jump to 3, 6, 9, 12 kph or incline at a push of a button, very handy for interval training.

Included are hand weights and a water bottle which are both very good quality and durable.

A few negatives, but they don't detract from the 5 star rating based upon price Vs quality/service.

Cut off cord - very easy to snag because it has little resistance other than a small magnet.

No pause button meaning even a short break will reset your progress unless you leave the motor running.

No physical copy of the programs manual although it was emailed to me upon request.

The programs are highly under-tuned. Speed programs have walking at 1-2 kph (0.6-1.2 mph) for up to 6 minutes continuously.
Every speed and incline program includes on at least 6 x 1.5 min x 1-2 kph intervals.
I could understand if there were more challenging programs to accompany which keeps a higher minimum, but they don't.
In defense the program manual does state "The programs are designed for beginner and intermediate levels, for advanced training please use the manual program...."

If there was a pause button and better tuned interval programs then they would have been the icing on the cake. For me, I am more than happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't recommend highly enough, 16 Sept. 2014
This treadmill is great. I spent ages looking round for a treadmill as i have used them in the gym but never owned my own one. I looked on other websites before Amazon. But i kept getting drawn back to this treadmill and company. The reviews on here stood out and really made this treadmill appealing. So i decided to go with my gut an purchase.
I am not disappointed in my decision. Maxima called me to arrange a convenient delivery day for me. I ended up opting for there set up option (small additional cost compared to the added service). They delivered when they said they would into my upstairs room. Set the treadmill up and showed me how to use and even how to look after it. I was very impressed by the young lad that did this.
I really didn't believe the other reviews about how great maxima fitness customer service was. But I can honestly say that i was blown away. The best I've had in a long while.
The treadmill itself works and looks great. Haven't used all the programmes yet but they all seem good even if a little short. But a small issue as normally i just set a timer on it for a 30min run and then speed up and slow down and raise and lower the treadmill my self. The weights i haven't really used but can see how they would help. Oh and one more thing. Having the additional buttons on the arm rails is a great idea, so easy to use.
To sum it up, i think the treadmill is great, i think my decision to buy this model was the right one and can't fault the customer service, which is really refreshing in this day and age!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service and excellent product, 6 April 2011
Ordered the treadmill because it met my budget and functionality requirements. Also received an email from Maxima to, confirming my order requirements. The treadmill was delivered on the due date, and I had it assembled within 15mins. The booklet is straightforward, and operation of the treadmill is simple, which is what I wanted.

The programmes all work, with plenty of variety so that you don't get bored with the routine. Used my ipod with the speakers, and they are clear and a reasonable volume. Folding away the treadmill is a simple one person operation that takes 5 seconds.

The running surface is fairly large and comfortable to walk / run on, and the structure of the treadmill is solid and looks very durable. Incline and speed are easily adjusted on the hand rails too, which makes life a bit easier. Also tried the heart measurement, which works fine.

Received detailed programme information from maxima on the exact incline / speed profile for each programme, which allows you to identify your favourite programmes.

Superb treadmill and excellent service, recommended without hesitation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 13 Dec. 2012
I'm happy with this, would have liked the deck to be slightly bigger but then this isn't a full commercial model. Excellent communications from this company and good delivery. I would recommend this as a real value for money purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic treadmill, Excellent customer service and support, 3 Nov. 2014
I never leave reviews for anything I buy but I just had to leave one for this company as they are without doubt the best company I have ever purchased anything from.

I spent weeks researching and reading reviews for treadmills but I kept coming back to the Maxima Fitness MF-2000-ProFX. After reading several reviews about the customer support this company provides I decided to put this to the test and sent an email to Maxima Fitness asking several questions about this treadmill. I had a response within minutes fully answering all my questions with additional information to help me make the right purchase.

After I bought the treadmill I had a call a few days later to arrange a suitable time and date for delivery. On the day of delivery they turned up exactly when they said they would and you get told if delivery will be AM (7:00-12:00) or PM (12:00-18:00).

I opted to build this myself but unfortunately found that I could not get some of the bolts on the frame to line up. Note: This is not usually a problem just an issue with mine. However it didn't prevent me from using the treadmill as it was only 2 bolts that didn't fit, the third one was fine. However I put the support to the test again and sent an email with a picture explaining my problem. Within days I'd had a response and an engineer visited me and fixed the issue without any hassle whatsoever. He also kindly gave the treadmill a quick once over and slightly adjusted the running belt too.

I can't vouch for the support this company offers enough. All the reviews are true and I now have first-hand experience of it.

As for the treadmill itself it is extremely well made, solid and heavy! It took 2 people to get it out of the box. Assembly is fairly easy (30 minutes) if you are confident with that sort of thing and after a quick read of the instructions I was off running.

Several other reviews will detail more about the treadmill so I won't repeat it I can just confirm that they are accurate.

The frame and motor also come with a lifetime warranty which is another reason I bought from Maxima Fitness.

All in all I am extremely satisfied with my purchase and happy that I can count on Maxima's customer support if ever I need them again in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Treadmill., 22 Dec. 2014
Let me start by saying this is a great treadmill, it’s very solid and robust. On first use the belt slipped a little below 5kph but that stopped after a couple of uses. In operation the motor is smooth and pretty quiet. It’s plenty fast enough for me as a casual runner and feels just as good quality as the ones I had been using at the gym. I don’t use the weights but they are a nice touch if you want a little arm workout while running. The speaker is ok but nothing special for playing music, I much prefer to wear headphones so I can feel more immersed and not have to listen to my feet pounding on the footplate. I tried the incline and it goes to a decent level but it’s not something I would really use often so can’t comment on how good it is in practise. I can imagine it would be good for simulated hill walking.
I have knocked a star off because the manual and listing say it has 40 programs but there is nothing supplied to tell you what they are. I can pick a program on the control panel but I have no idea what it is going to do while I’m running. I have tried emailing Maxima for a program list but had no reply from them. Just hope they are not the same if there is a problem with the runner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great treadmill, 4 Oct. 2013
I waited a while before posting a review so that I had been using the treadmill for a while and I have to say that I think this has been a fantastic purchase. It is solid and sturdy, and the programming is really good so you can mix it up, either do one of the set programmes, and you can override any of the settings if you wish, or just create your own. Both my husband and I use it almost daily and would both highly recommend it. Being able to fold it is also useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 9 Feb. 2013
I've had this treadmill for over a year now and it's still going strong. Great for regular use, easy maintenance and well fast enough for me. Only down side is that the programmes may not be hard enough for some people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Machine, 17 April 2011
This machine is honestly fantastic. The mechanic came and set it up for me and gave me a complete run through of how to use it properly, and sent a booklet containing 84 different training modules. There are 5 of us in the family and every one of us have used it virtually every day without any problems whatsoever. The mechanic also said that should I have any problems or simply forget how to fold it / use it / make the most of it / whatever, I was to call him and he would pop round as soon as possible. I recommend this machine to anyone, great value for money and fantastic aftercare. Can't do much better for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy & additional free extras at the moment (Dec 11), 12 Dec. 2011
Dealings with the firm were excellent - detailed call in the evening talking me through the machine, assembly & delivery. Communications re delivery perfect. Assembly not too bad - all necessary bits & spanners etc provided & instructions clear. Two screws a bit fiddly but I'd say it's well within most peoples' ability. It's heavy though and that's where it is a 2 person task.

Machine is robust, easy to use controls with speakers to plug into phone, laptop etc. I can't fault it and I think that it's good value for money as it is so solid and secure. I see that delivery & a mat are free this month - that makes it even better value.

The only thing lacking in the package is a personal trainer to encourage me to use it every day!!