5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with the quality
Delivery as all the other reviews have mentioned was excellent - I was helped to unpack and lift the treadmill out of the box given a quick run down of the assembly (I didn't pay for setup so this was a very nice touch).

Published on 15 Oct 2012 by Christopher J. Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars The calorie counter is not correct. it gives less ...
The calorie counter is not correct. it gives less than half of what other similar machines give in the Gym.
the weights are an advantage but hardly used
Published 1 month ago by shiva s tripathi

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with the quality, 15 Oct 2012
Christopher J. Davis (UK) - See all my reviews

It took no more 30 minutes to assemble. I used pliers to hold two of the nuts in place, without this it may have been a little fiddly with the provided multi-spanner.

Instructions are decent, the guides to assemble and maintain are handy especially as I needed to adjust the belt initially, which was a couple of turns of an alum key.

Lubricant needs to be applied under the running belt during periodic maintenance which has been included in the pack.

The actual sturdiness feels very similar to what you find in a gym. Speed and incline are very good. I hit around 12-13 kph (7.5-8.0 mph) when I hit my limit and cannot go much faster (or I could but it would be like running down the side of a hill where your feet go faster than they should!).

There is two sets of speed and incline buttons on the arm rails and on the display. Also, you can jump to 3, 6, 9, 12 kph or incline at a push of a button, very handy for interval training.

Included are hand weights and a water bottle which are both very good quality and durable.

A few negatives, but they don't detract from the 5 star rating based upon price Vs quality/service.

Cut off cord - very easy to snag because it has little resistance other than a small magnet.

No pause button meaning even a short break will reset your progress unless you leave the motor running.

No physical copy of the programs manual although it was emailed to me upon request.

The programs are highly under-tuned. Speed programs have walking at 1-2 kph (0.6-1.2 mph) for up to 6 minutes continuously.
Every speed and incline program includes on at least 6 x 1.5 min x 1-2 kph intervals.
I could understand if there were more challenging programs to accompany which keeps a higher minimum, but they don't.
In defense the program manual does state "The programs are designed for beginner and intermediate levels, for advanced training please use the manual program...."

If there was a pause button and better tuned interval programs then they would have been the icing on the cake. For me, I am more than happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service and excellent product, 6 April 2011
Ordered the treadmill because it met my budget and functionality requirements. Also received an email from Maxima to, confirming my order requirements. The treadmill was delivered on the due date, and I had it assembled within 15mins. The booklet is straightforward, and operation of the treadmill is simple, which is what I wanted.

The programmes all work, with plenty of variety so that you don't get bored with the routine. Used my ipod with the speakers, and they are clear and a reasonable volume. Folding away the treadmill is a simple one person operation that takes 5 seconds.

The running surface is fairly large and comfortable to walk / run on, and the structure of the treadmill is solid and looks very durable. Incline and speed are easily adjusted on the hand rails too, which makes life a bit easier. Also tried the heart measurement, which works fine.

Received detailed programme information from maxima on the exact incline / speed profile for each programme, which allows you to identify your favourite programmes.

Superb treadmill and excellent service, recommended without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't recommend highly enough, 16 Sep 2014
This treadmill is great. I spent ages looking round for a treadmill as i have used them in the gym but never owned my own one. I looked on other websites before Amazon. But i kept getting drawn back to this treadmill and company. The reviews on here stood out and really made this treadmill appealing. So i decided to go with my gut an purchase.
I am not disappointed in my decision. Maxima called me to arrange a convenient delivery day for me. I ended up opting for there set up option (small additional cost compared to the added service). They delivered when they said they would into my upstairs room. Set the treadmill up and showed me how to use and even how to look after it. I was very impressed by the young lad that did this.
I really didn't believe the other reviews about how great maxima fitness customer service was. But I can honestly say that i was blown away. The best I've had in a long while.
The treadmill itself works and looks great. Haven't used all the programmes yet but they all seem good even if a little short. But a small issue as normally i just set a timer on it for a 30min run and then speed up and slow down and raise and lower the treadmill my self. The weights i haven't really used but can see how they would help. Oh and one more thing. Having the additional buttons on the arm rails is a great idea, so easy to use.
To sum it up, i think the treadmill is great, i think my decision to buy this model was the right one and can't fault the customer service, which is really refreshing in this day and age!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitness, here we come!, 29 Nov 2013
We have had this treadmill for nearly a week now, and we love it! It's changed our lives for the better already. My husband is blind (and I can't run fast enough to be his guide) so has been unable to do much exercise on his own. But now we have the treadmill, he can hop on and cover some kilometres whenever he wants. We use it at least once every day, which is great because we could have paid the same amount for gym membership and not got nearly as much use. It is also really easy and convenient to fold it up for storage when not in use - it has hydraulic assistance which is very helpful. The quality of the machine is excellent - just like at the gym. The display is very clear to read and it's interesting to see the pulse counter too. I've just tried one of the built-in programmes and it was very good (I emailed Maxima for the programme guide which they sent speedily). We haven't used the weights with it yet but I think they are a very good extra. We bought the mat with it as we have a wooden floor, and it's been very quiet. The only thing was it was very heavy for us to get into position, but my husband got his friend to come round and help - with two men it was then easy to move. The Maxima team have been very helpful and the delivery was quick with no problems at all. Overall we think this is an excellent treadmill and we are really pleased we bought it. We're already planning our first marathon and we are looking forward to getting fit!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 3 Nov 2013
Rachel (Bedford, UK) - See all my reviews
I chose this product after a lot of research and also as the Amazon reviews were excellent.

Firstly, the service from Maxima fitness was excellent. They contacted me very quickly following receipt of the order. I was only at home one day in the week I ordered it, and they were able to deliver it on that day. I paid an additional £50 for the set up and installation service.

The engineer from Maxima was on time and set the machine up very efficiently and was keen to explain all the functions to me. He took me through all the features and got me to try them myself so that I knew what I was doing. He was extremely helpful and gave me tips as to how to maintain the machine and offered Maxima's support in the future. He couldn't have been more helpful.

I have used the machine twice now and I actually find some of the functions much better than the ones in the gym. It feels like a very strong and sturdy piece of equipment and very easy to use. I like the fact that when you are using the manual keys to increase/decrease speed you can just hit 3, 6, 9, and 12 speed without having to scroll up through the speeds.

Overall I am thrilled.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 13 Dec 2012
I'm happy with this, would have liked the deck to be slightly bigger but then this isn't a full commercial model. Excellent communications from this company and good delivery. I would recommend this as a real value for money purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truly excellent bit of kit, 13 May 2014
Ok, I have waited a while before posting a review of this product as I wanted to give it a thorough test first to see if it was really as good as first impressions. I have to say, that it is. I bought this as a replacement for my old Rodger Black treadmill which decided to break in a spectacular way. I had found my old treadmill to lack the pace needed for the running I wanted to progress to, it only went up to 14 Kph. I had been looking around for a while and had an eye on these treadmills as they could go at a faster Kph which was what i was looking for but had no real reason to spend money when my old one was still working and I could live with it. When it broke I checked out the reviews of this product more thoroughly and decided to purchase it direct, not through Amazon, as had been recommended. I have to say the service from Maxima has been excellent. The delivery drivers dropped it right in the room I asked them to and Johnathan at Maxima was very helpful in everything I asked of them.

As to the treadmill itself, it is like night and day compared to my old one. The acceleration and deceleration are beautifully smooth as is the incline function. The running board actually seems to be more comfortable to run on as well, certainly a lot quieter and less impact on the knees. The unit itself feels solid and I really like the safety feature for the lowering of the treadmill, much better than the guillotine approach of my old unit!

I am 6' 4" but i have not found an issue with the length of the running board although I have yet to run for a long enough period at top whack, the short periods I have it has not been an issue.The controls are clear and easy to understand, I do my own program rather than the preset ones though as they never suit my requirements personally. To be fair, that is on any of the treadmills I have used not just this one. My wife dislocated her kneecap when she was younger which usually prevent her from using treadmills even with a knee brace, but thanks to the smoothness and the 'comfortableness' of the running board is able to run again.

It is an excellent treadmill and is truly worth the money, I have noticed no faults mechanically over the last 3 months of solid use, it hasn't put a foot wrong. The only thing I can think of as a 'problem' is the safety cord they use is too good a quality and does not like to be tied in a knot for long and can work loose. A series of more aggressive knots solved the issue but not before I had lost one of the ends a couple of times! That is it though, there is nothing else which I can complain about, it is excellent and feels like it should cost double the money I paid for it easily. I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a top quality treadmill for the price of a lesser product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maxima ProFX Treadmill, 6 Nov 2012
Maxima Fitness MF-2000-ProFX, 18kph, 16-level Auto-Incline, Folding Treadmill. Best value and Awesome performance.Having owned two previous treadmills over the years I did a bit of research before purchasing our third (no problems with previous models, just sold through circumstances). Both previous models have been really basic with just speed up and down and manual incline so very keen to find a treadmill with some programmes. Once the order was placed we had a phone call within a couple of days from Maxima arranging delivery. I was told that it would be extra to set up but that it was really quite simple and we would have no problems doing it ourselves. Having read the reviews I understood that it would be done as part of the cost. However, on the day of delivery I had a phone call giving me a 2 hour window of when it would be delivered (fantastic) and I was asked if I would like to have it set up for an additional cost, I jumped at it and it was well worth the money! Please don't be put off by the additional cost, it is a really good value machine, especially with the discount. I had the entire machine explained to me which I never had with previous treadmills. I have used it every day and I am very pleased with it. It comes with a really user friendly manual and some oil and I feel able to look after this machine with the complete back up of Maxima. Would definitely use the company again for any additional equipment, they were really informative and very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maxima Fitness MF-2000-ProFX-R Auto Incline Folding Treadmill, 18 Jan 2014
LOVE IT! LOVEIT! LOVEIT!
I purchased my treadmill at the end of April (2013) and have waited until now to write a review as I wanted to give an honest and accurate account.
I researched quite a few different treadmills, but kept coming back to this one because of the reviews left by other customers. It was slightly more than I had anticipated spending, but everything that was written about it pointed to it being the one to buy.
From the moment I pressed 'confirm purchase' I have been really happy that I did. Almost immediately I was contacted by the delivery team with a date, time etc - and it was delivered on that date at that time.
The machine itself didn't take too long to set up (me & my Dad) and having moved it once already, I can say that taking it apart and putting it back together isn't a chore either. The occasional maintenance is simple too.
It gets used 3-4 times a week for 30-40 minutes at a time (sometimes twice a day) and is an incredibly robust machine.
Finally, Stefan and his team offer the best after sales service. Any questions that I have had since my purchase have been answered almost immediately and I feel assured that they genuinely appreciate my custom.
STOP READING AND BUY ONE - you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great treadmill, 4 Oct 2013
I waited a while before posting a review so that I had been using the treadmill for a while and I have to say that I think this has been a fantastic purchase. It is solid and sturdy, and the programming is really good so you can mix it up, either do one of the set programmes, and you can override any of the settings if you wish, or just create your own. Both my husband and I use it almost daily and would both highly recommend it. Being able to fold it is also useful.