5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need for a quick intro to Italian
Great little phrase book that gave me enough to get by in Italy, despite going to Florence where the main language seems to be English, it was particularly useful when I got an eye infection and had to go to the pharmacy where little English was spoken.
Published on 13 May 2010 by J. Mardon

3.0 out of 5 stars Handy size, but not always useful
The book is a good physical size - ideal for pocket or small bag. Pronunciation guide was useful, but, surprisingly, the Italian words we needed to translate, for example, signs and notices on the roads, we could not find in the book. Thus, we did not know if we were being warned of a holdup or looking at a more routine message. Also, many things we saw on menus were not...
Published on 18 Oct 2011 by Mr. Timothy Anderson

4.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, 2 Oct 2010
E. L. Wisty "World Domination League" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I have found the phrasebooks in the series to be immensely helpful (previously having used the Greek and Turkish ones), and this one is no exception. Small enough to fit in a pocket, cheap as chips, and very good content. Fully recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need for a quick intro to Italian, 13 May 2010
J. Mardon "Ed Head" (N. Wales) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little book., 8 Jun 2013
Bluecashmere. (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is an invaluable little book and wonderfully well organised. On my own in Italy, with minimal, to put it kindly, knowledge of the language, I became increasingly dependent on this pocket phrasebook. The separate sections, particularly those concerned with hotels, shopping, food and drink are excellent. They avoid giving unnecessary information, making it so much easier to access quickly and easily what is required. The index is a useful adjunct and again prevents the body of the book becoming overloaded. Strongly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars satisfied, 29 Oct 2010
A. Hawke (UK) - See all my reviews
exactly what you would expect from a good phrase book, at a price that can't be beaten, very satisfied

5.0 out of 5 stars Italian Phrasebook and Dictionary, 14 Aug 2010
I think this is a really good book. I can speak a little Spanish and would like to be as competent in Italian - purely for holidays. This Italian book is a good size for your handbag (or husband's pocket!) and is very easy to use. Everything you could possibly need is well documented and I like the fact that it helps phonetically with pronunciation. It is well divided into sections and I'm sure, with a bit of practice, you could make the Italians understand you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little book perfect for a holiday, 10 Aug 2013
Really useful pocket sized phrase book containing pretty much all the phrases and words you will need for a holiday in Italy.

What I particularly liked was the fact the guide is easy to navigate - also including phrases you are likely to hear said to you something often overlooked when you have mastered a few phrases is the then depressing realisation you cannot understand a word said back to you something this guide at least attempts to address.

5.0 out of 5 stars bought for a friend, 10 Jun 2013
Hubby has one of these and asked me to get the same book for his pal as they were off to Venice. Hubby has been using his in various parts of Italy for a couple of years now, and so far has managed to order the correct number of beers every time they go. He finds it easy to use and well organised.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Pocket Guide, 15 Jan 2012
M. Palmer (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
I found this phrase book comprehensive and easy to use. It covered all my needs during a 5 day stay in Rome and I found the pronunciation guide extremely useful. The size was small enough to be unobstrusive. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great help!, 12 Aug 2013
Nice size to pop in your handbag and have to refer to when you are trying to communicate with the Italians. We found many people who loved to practice their English, but still there were times when we had to rely solely on Italian. Not being iterate in the language this got us through without any disasters! Great purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit early to be reviewing yet!, 14 Jun 2013
Mr. R. J. Cox "card scanner" (Epsom, Surrey UK) - See all my reviews
It's a little bit early to be reviewing this as I've not yet had my holiday in Sicily for which it is intended. But flicking through the ages it seems to be up to the standards one would expect from a BBC publication