5.0 out of 5 stars J'aime Beaucoup!!!!!
This little phrase book was ideal for me when I took a trip to france a year ago and since then my confidence has really grown and I took to learning more french with the 'Teach Yourself' sets but I would definatly recomend this for anyone who would like to understand another language a bit better particularly when going on holiday! enjoy!!
Published on 2 July 2009 by S. Cole

3.0 out of 5 stars handy book
We thought this was a handy book as it covered most situations, even when we had a puncture. The dictionary part was not very good, most words we looked up were not in it. So I would suggest buying a dictionary to accompany it for the perfect package.
Published on 6 Aug 2012 by cbf

5.0 out of 5 stars J'aime Beaucoup!!!!!, 2 July 2009
S. Cole (Cambs, uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars BBC French Phrase Book and Dictionary, 28 Mar 2010
Absolutely excellent - small, clear and easy to use. It's well set out and very comprehensive. I like it so much Ihave bought more copies to give to friends!

4.0 out of 5 stars Holiday Helper's, 19 July 2009
Mr. A. N. Brown (Dundee, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
As I am about to embark on a month long European driving experience covering Holland; Germany; France and Spain I decided to purchase a Phrasebook for each. To me, it made sense to buy all of them written by the same author if possible. The reason being was that once you have mastered one, i.e. the information that each section contains, then you have mastered them all.
I found the BBC series very easy to read, use, full of useful information and very helpful pronounciation tips and just the right size to slip in either your pocket or 'bum-bag'.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice little book to carry around!, 25 Oct 2010
Such a compact and complete little book.
Nice and small to carry it around anywhere... and when you have some free time practice on your French!
A lot of information on something that cheap and small. Great value for money really!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Little Book, 26 Mar 2011
I used this book on a recent holiday and it was great. It's well laid out with categories such as travel, Shopping and the basics like numbers, days and months. It also includes an English-French dictionary and vice versa. It also has phrases you might hear back and phonetically tells you how to pronounce the words. It was a great boon to me and I'd often have a quick look before embarking on a conversation. It's small size means it fits easily in your pocket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy little book, 24 Oct 2010
J. Simpson (somerset) - See all my reviews
On a recent visit to rural France this book helped on more than one occasion. Ordering food and drink, asking directions, finding a car rental etc. Easy to use with sections clearly defined. Enough to get by but not enough to understand totally the french language when spoken by the French! Certainly worth the few pounds it cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars OOH LA LA, 15 Sep 2010
Great little book to help with those awkward french moments !
Also helping me with my french speaking course

5.0 out of 5 stars C'est Magnifique, 21 Jun 2010
Edward Mcglone "Jockaholic" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Excellent book, great size and covered everything I needed to say on my time in France.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Value!, 16 July 2010
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of content in this Phrase Book and Dictionary combined. It represents very good value over cost for this inexpensive publication.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little book, 13 April 2011
This is an excellent phrase book. It is well laid out, has a useful dictionary at the back, and is very clear and easy to read. It is also small enough to fit into a pocket. Would be hard to improve on it.