on 30 January 2014
This PC has been a huge disappointment to me - it looks good and performs wonderfully (although the sound is very poor and I had to add speakers to be able to listen to my music at a reasonable volume) - but it is all ruined by the constant loud fan noise - much noisier than my previous old-fashioned tower PC.
I've had the PC for two months now - hoping against hope that my initial reaction to the noise was over the top and that I would eventually get used to it - no such luck!
I contacted ASUS support about it and couldn't believe their answer - (and I quote!) - "It is not unusual for the components to require time to settle down with new machines and our advice is to give the internal electronics a period of time to run in."
What a joke - anyone else ever had to run-in their PC (and for longer than two months too!!!) ?
For me this was a complete waste of money - I cannot stand it and will have to fork out the money for another new pc - but one thing's for sure - it definitely won't be an ASUS.
on 24 May 2014
Fast, efficient, easy in the eye and portable (if you wish) . It's a t.v. too and I've arranged a 5 year guarantee. Hopefully though, it will be reliable. I will never again touch P.C. World's Whatever Happens Guarantees - they are pants. They take so long to repair you are left with no option but to buy another machine. What a rip-off.

See one answered question