Well I'm writing this review a couple of months after I replaced my 7x50w hungry halogens in my hall/porch with these LED replacements and I've not had a single bulb failure. (I will of course update this review if I subsequently have any)

Published 5 months ago by Dave Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Short life bulbs - 50% failure after 3 months
Bought 10 of these LED lights in May 2014 thinking they had a long life guarantee and therefore warrant the slightly more expensive price tag. After only 3 months 5 have failed. 1 actually went after 1 week. They have been my worst buy on Amazon. Recommend don't buy if you are looking for value for money.
Published 10 months ago by A C Fox

1.0 out of 5 stars Short life bulbs - 50% failure after 3 months, 26 Aug. 2014
This review is from: 10 Pack GU10 4W LED Beautiful Warm White Colour 40w Replacement for Halogen bulb with New Chip Technology with 2 Year Warranty (Kitchen & Home)

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice bulb - reliability lacking, 22 Aug. 2014
Nice bright light, not as warm as previous 50W halogens, but perfectly suited to our kitchen. Reliability has proven somewhat poor, 4 of the bulbs developed a flicker within 3 months, and 2 completely failed. Contacted Amazon who promptly supplied replacement bulbs and requested the return of the faulty ones. Hopefully the replacements are more reliable - the design of the replacement bulbs appeared slightly different to the previous ones.

One point to note is that these LED bulbs seemed a little bit longer than the previous 50W halogens, and were a little harder to squeeze into the light fitting, however they did fit.

Update: 3 of the 10 replacement bulbs failed within 3 months of installing them. Returned to Amazon for a full refund. Would not recommend these bulbs. Credit to Amazon, they offered a refund no quibble.

1.0 out of 5 stars this is not good as I have bought other LEDs and they are ..., 5 Oct. 2014
Dreadful product. I bought a pack of 10. 1 failed to work out of the box. A second went down within 3 days. I returned the full 10 for a replacement pack, Within a week one had gone off, a second went off a week later, a third then a forth in just 2 months. All were in different fittings. So out of 20 bulbs in just two months 6 have failed. this is not good as I have bought other LEDs and they are still going strong after 1 year. These are very cheap and as always when you buy the cheapest you get rubbish.
Average Life 30000 hours. Not a chance

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, 5 Nov. 2014
Bought this pack in April of this year. Out of the 10 only 4 working now. 6 bulbs failed one after the other in the last 6 months.
3 replacements were sent initially which are still working. 7 replacement were sent later on and funnily enough out of the 7 only 1 bulb worked out of the box so 6 of the replacements weren't working out of the box! Won't recommend these to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars They don't last very long, 26 July 2014
Just 3.5 months into the yuse of these bulbs and 15% stopped working. Yes they are brighter, cheaper to run but, in the long run, they will be more expensive to run than normal halogen bulbs - think twice before buying

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 lamps out of 10 failed in the first few weeks, 14 Jun. 2014
Lamp as described in the description only that three bulbs failed in the first few weeks, unfortunately they are out of the 30 day return period!
I will not be looking to purchasing 'Long Life Lamp Company' products again as they seem an expensive item for such a short working life.

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 out of 10 failed within 1 week, 21 May 2014
Delivery was OK, lamps are OK, perhaps lsightly on the dim side. 2 out of the pack of 10 failed within days. Hence only 2 stars

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother buying - they don't last, 26 Aug. 2014
I bought a package of 10 of these. The light was good, nice and bright. Problem was that 4 of them stopped working within a week. I returned the 10 and they sent a replacement. 2 months later six of the replacements have stopped working. I have just returned the the package and asked for my money back. Don't bother buying, save yourself the bother

5.0 out of 5 stars An impressive light and much reduced electricity costs. Great LED replacements for GU10 halogen bulbs., 27 Jan. 2015

I am also very impressed with the light. The "warm white" light is certainly a lot less harsh than their halogen predecessors. Yet these 4w LED bulbs still give off an incredible amount of light. Brilliant for my hallway and porch

I also liked the fact that these were a true direct replacement for the GU10. By that I mean they were exactly the same size, fitting into the holders perfectly without protruding.

But the main reason for installing these was for the reduction in energy consumption.

Putting that into perspective at 15p per kwh a single 50w halogen bulb on for just 1 hour each day will set you back about £2.74 per annum in electricity costs.

A 4 watt LED on for the same amount of time will cost just £0.22 per annum.

For me it was a bit of a no brainer getting rid of the inefficient halogens.

I'm impressed with the light and delighted with their inefficiency. If they last anyway near their anticipated lifespan of 30,000 they will save a small fortune on my electric bill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad Batch Originally - Excellent Response & Resolution, 5 Oct. 2014
P. Marshall (France) - See all my reviews
My original one star review and the reply are left below for all to see. I have revised it to five stars until such time as I can form an objective view of reliability based on the "real" product. The Long Life Lamp Company (LLLC) replaced all 10 without question. You can't get better customer service than that and it would be unfair to damn a product just because of a one-off quality issue, immediately and willingly resolved, so for now my 5 stars are based on the light output, illumination quality and value for money. These aspects and LLLC deserve top marks. These LLLC GU10s replaced some I ordered direct from China which either failed or the front part carrying the LEDs literally fell out. I had no realistic redress so it definitely pays to buy from a reputable "named" company. If there is no update to this review it means reliability is up to scratch too!

Original Review "These are utter crap. 4 out of 10 failed since purchase in May. I have since bought another make and so far they are fine."

Response "Back in April - May 2014 we experienced a minor problem with these LEDs, therefore, we are replacing LEDs without any objection. We apologise for any inconvenience caused please do not hesitate to contact us if required, these LEDs come with a 2 year warranty. The problem has been resolved, there is no longer a problem with the LEDs"