4.0 out of 5 stars Great value
Published 7 months ago by Daniel Chittenden

1.0 out of 5 stars Short life bulbs - 50% failure after 3 months
Bought 10 of these LED lights in May 2014 thinking they had a long life guarantee and therefore warrant the slightly more expensive price tag. After only 3 months 5 have failed. 1 actually went after 1 week. They have been my worst buy on Amazon. Recommend don't buy if you are looking for value for money.
Published 1 month ago by A C Fox

1.0 out of 5 stars Short life bulbs - 50% failure after 3 months, 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: 10 Pack GU10 4W LED Beautiful Warm White Colour 40w Replacement for Halogen bulb with New Chip Technology with 2 Year Warranty (Kitchen & Home)

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 out of 10 failed within 1 week, 21 May 2014
Delivery was OK, lamps are OK, perhaps lsightly on the dim side. 2 out of the pack of 10 failed within days. Hence only 2 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 5 Mar 2014
No fails out of the box and all still working ten days in. I am replacing all our GU10's with LED like probably most of you reading this and like many of you found the choice of wattage, colour temp (kelvin), supplier etc is myriad and getting exactly what you wanted or were is expecting first time is unlikely and you have to return stuff. For example I thought cool white would be what I wanted in the kitchen but it was like being in a dentists or operating theater. They were good but cold cold light (5.5W from sourcing 4U)

These are still not exactly warm but have very little flicker whereas the Beiyi warm white 4.5W ones I currently have in the kitchen do have a bit of strobe but the colour is better. These ones I have moved to the hallway (4), landing (4) and downstairs WC (2) and I am pleased with them.

With all of the above I found the actual brightness greater than I expected i.e say 4.5W seeming brighter than 45W so you may be able to look lower on the wattage scale - but people have different opinions.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice bulb - reliability lacking, 22 Aug 2014
Nice bright light, not as warm as previous 50W halogens, but perfectly suited to our kitchen. Reliability has proven somewhat poor, 4 of the bulbs developed a flicker within 3 months, and 2 completely failed. Contacted Amazon who promptly supplied replacement bulbs and requested the return of the faulty ones. Hopefully the replacements are more reliable - the design of the replacement bulbs appeared slightly different to the previous ones.

One point to note is that these LED bulbs seemed a little bit longer than the previous 50W halogens, and were a little harder to squeeze into the light fitting, however they did fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, bright and a bargin price., 31 Dec 2013
Replaced 20 old type GU10 bulbs with LED one's and the new LED 4w bulbs are brilliant. They fill my large front room and kitchen with bright light which I would say looks better than the old halogen type. These bulbs are a bargain, delivery was also very fast with excellent packaging.

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 lamps out of 10 failed in the first few weeks, 14 Jun 2014
Lamp as described in the description only that three bulbs failed in the first few weeks, unfortunately they are out of the 30 day return period!
I will not be looking to purchasing 'Long Life Lamp Company' products again as they seem an expensive item for such a short working life.

2.0 out of 5 stars They don't last very long, 26 July 2014
Just 3.5 months into the yuse of these bulbs and 15% stopped working. Yes they are brighter, cheaper to run but, in the long run, they will be more expensive to run than normal halogen bulbs - think twice before buying

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and cheerful. Very happy indeed!, 4 July 2014
S. Riggall "arzer" (UK) - See all my reviews
These are some of the cheapest LED lights I could find at a fraction under £3 per light. I was kind of skeptical due to the price whether they'd be any good so I ordered 1 pack of 10 to try them out in one room first. I was not disappointed! The lights were and the same tone too and actually brighter than the 50W halogens I was replacing so I was very impressed. I ended up replacing all 34 of my halogens with these and am really, really happy with the results and massive energy savings.

One point of interest though is that these lights emit a "yellow" light not really a "white" light which they kind of hint at in the description. It's a very warm and bright colour though and I would definitely recommend, but if you are wanting a true "white" light then these are probably not what you're looking for.

In addition of the 34 lights I replaced, 100% were working and none have suffered any flickering or damage so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal replacement for 40w halogens in a kitchen, 14 Oct 2014
Chris S (South Shields, UK) - See all my reviews
A recent kitchen refit saw me with twelve 40w halogen lamps. After working out what that was costing me to run my plan to "replace them with LEDs as they failed" was scrapped in favour of replacing them all asap.

After spending what felt like weeks looking at temperature numbers, spread and one particularly scary YouTube video that showed how a cheap GU10 LED was permanently live I settled on these - mainly because while were much less than a local electrical wholesaler, they weren't from a Market Place seller. Getting them direct from Amazon gave me a degree of reassurance.

I've had these in for four months now with no issues whatsoever - no failures. They were a straight swap for the original 40w bulbs - though I'd recommend using a "sucker" type extraction tool to get bulbs out as getting them by hand can be tricky. There are all kinds of numbers and specs that I can talk about but bottom line is that they're a very good replacement for a 40w halogen bulb. I've no complaints about their output - I'm not sure I'd describe it as "warm" but I always think kitchen lighting should be on the "cool" side anyway.

My partner says they're not quite as pretty to look at as their halogen counterparts (internally they're white rather than silver) but at a tenth of the running cost I'm prepared to ignore that.

Other things that may be useful - my lighting circuit is direct from the mains and not a transformer and the bulbs were exactly the same size as the halogen originals. Finally I wouldn't recommend mixing these with halogens in the same room - the light is different.

I'm very happy with these - I'll almost certainly be buying more when it comes to revamping my bathroom.

2.0 out of 5 stars Spend more, save yourself the hassle., 7 Oct 2014
The light itself when working is quite acceptable. It's a multi LED style light, rather than 1 bright cell.
However, bought in July- about 5 of them are being used, in that time, 2 have died.
They are cheap, so can't say it's a big surprise, however I suggest investing a little bit more for some better, longer lasting bulbs.
Yes, they guarantee them for 2 years, but it's a hassle and not a reason to buy them.

I haven't found any LED lamps that are streets ahead at all working for a long period yet, however, I have found better ones than these.