on 15 December 2013
I'm not a big Marillion fan, however, I must add that this is a fantastic Christmas song! Carol of the Bells is definitely worthy of a top ten singles slot and future inclusion on the "Now Christmas" type compilation albums. It has certainly encouraged a casual buyer like me to further explore the group's back catalogue.
on 16 December 2013
I have to say that I would love this version of this song even if it was not by Marillion. I am a fan of the band but this song stands out as one of the best Christmas releases in years. If you love Christmas songs then I would heartily recommend Carol of the Bells to you. It will make you feel good, it's for a very good cause and the video will make you laugh. Forget any preconceived ideas that you may have about the band and give it a listen. This song is for everyone at Christmas.
on 15 December 2013
Perfect Christmas release by Marillion inspired by the fans who badgered them to release what was ( for many ) already a free release but this time for charity.
Classic Christmas tune with a Marillion twist !
on 15 December 2013
This song was released after badgering of the band and management team by the members of Marillion's fan club, who had received it on a free Christmas dvd with their membership. It's released as a charity single, in aid of one of their fans who needs life-saving treatment in America, that in itself shows the measure of this wonderfully approachable band.
The song itself is one that you will recognise from many a Christmas film or advert and is a return to the traditional Christmas releases of many of our childhoods, with charm, humour and a sentimental feel to it. It's choral-style multi-layed vocals and the cheerful campanology of the bells make way to a rip-roaring Steve Rothery trademark solo halfway through which, rocking as it is, only enhances the Christmas spirit of the song.
This is welcome relief from the normal, manufactured Yuletide releases and should appeal to anyone who loves Christmas, whether they're Marillion fans or not.

For a better way of life, visit Marillion.com
on 15 December 2013
A classic Christmas song which will appeal to all, heck there is even a nod to James Bond at the end. And it is in support of a charity to help fund cancer treatment for a young man. If you are only going to buy one Christmas song this year, then make this your purchase - you will not be disappointed!!
on 17 December 2013
A long awaited Christmas single from the UK's greatest band (my opinion)! A nice rendition of a timeless classic. Great video too. If only radio was the same as it was in the sixties, seventies and eighties - maybe then the general public would get exposure to real music again. Great harmonies, brilliant musicianship and a cheeky sense of humour, all for a good cause.
on 15 December 2013
I love this track from the amazing band Marillion. It's fun, it's Christmassy, it's brilliant and it's for a very good cause too. Buy this and help a wonderful charity gesture from the best band in the world. You know it makes sense ...... marillion.com .... for a better way of life.
on 17 December 2013
I love Marillion, they are Britain's best kept secret and a band that are consistently and prolifically making original music. Even when Marillion make a cover version they pull out all the stops and make the song their own; their version of Carol of the Bells is no exception.
The special thing about this download is that it all proceeds go to a special friend of the band.
Buy it? You won't regret it!
on 17 December 2013
If I had all day, I couldn't explain adequately what these guys in the band mean to me...I've been a fan since 1985 and have lost count of the concerts I've been too....If you are a fan, you'll know how privelidged we are to be part of what is truely a global family....

The band are astoundingly talented. The material they have consistantly produced can't be explained in a few short sentences, but some of the songs will touch your soul and make you cry!

People I've known in my life, have turned around and actually thanked me for introducing this band to them....they had no idea what a wonderful experience it would be and to begin with thought they where heavy metal or something similar. Now I like heavy metal, but they are not that....they are so hard to pigeon hole as they are in a league of their own.

This christmas song is not a good reflection of them as a band, but it's a christmas song, If you want a real taste of Marillion, download and listen to the songs "This Strange Engine" and "Neverland" that will give you a feel of what they are about. you won't regret it, I promise.
on 16 December 2013
A christmas classic by a truly great underplayed band, a perfect song with a twist of the bond theme also profits going to charity , fan or not a christmas must for any collection then I challenge you to here some of marillion's other work truly uplifting and great muscianship