5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Debut Album
Having heard the singles, I was very much looking forward to this new album by Tensnake. Love Sublime, a Hottest Record on Zane Lowe's Radio 1 show at the end of 2013, was absolutely brilliant, confirming how good a year Nile Rodgers had been having, and I was curious to hear the rest of the album.

Then I heard the minimix posted on Soundcloud, and it blew me...
Published 13 months ago by James

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alright
Slightly underwhelmed, no real standout tracks despite collaborations with Nile Rodgers amongst others. It's not bad, just fairly formulaic. Worth a listen.
Published 13 months ago by Ken Reno

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Debut Album, 10 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Glow [Explicit] (MP3 Download)

Then I heard the minimix posted on Soundcloud, and it blew me away. Every track seemed good, and I became certain that I would buy the album. After coming here and seeing the price at an astonishing £2.09, I bought it at the first available opportunity. Even if you aren't necessarily a fan, or aren't sure if you will appreciate the whole album, 12p per song is an offer to be snapped up readily.

The music is fantastic. A lot of it is in keeping with the "nu disco" trends that have been appearing in the last year, mixed with elements of deep house and other genres, but don't write it off as a copycat of Random Access Memories or The 20/20 Experience. This is it's own body of work, a new view on the genre, and Tensnake's production is brilliant. Fiora, who provides vocals on many of the tracks, keeps the album sounding consistent, and the extra addition of Nile Rodgers on multiple tracks is a welcome grace

Overall, this album is brilliant, a must-buy at the price of £2.09 that I saw it at. I would recommend it to any fan of electronic music. I'm just surprised that such an accomplished album is Tensnake's debut

5.0 out of 5 stars Songs - remember them?, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Glow (Audio CD)
Dance music has been really poor over the last decade. DJ/producers have been so far up their own orifices that they forgot they were meant to be making us happy so that we want to dance - that simple. There have been some really good releases in 2014 and this is one of them. This album is full of good vocals over decent beats. None of the fiddly diddly rubbish that we have been tortured with of late. There are some decent songs on this album - yes songs (remember them) and I hope this is an indication of what more is to come.
Well done Mr. Tensnake and others take note.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the albums of the year, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Glow [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Melodic,future, disco sounds that will be easy listening all summer long. I doubt this will be leaving my car for a while

5.0 out of 5 stars The album glows, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Glow (Audio CD)
Tensnake has put together a cracking album. It's a "play again" album with an 80's influence, with a sprinkle of Daft Punk & Chemical Brothers. Tensnake has created a record I'd recommend to anyone already.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Glowing Debut Album, 12 Mar. 2014
J. Gardiner "Eclecticdolphin" (West Malling, Kent, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Glow [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Having followed Tensnake for several years, seeing him play live at a well known London Nightclub and catching his latest grooves on-line, I was really pleased to see he has taken the confident step to release an album.

Whilst not always flowing freely from track to track (nearly caused me to drop this to 4 stars) the deep disco electro grooves and strong vocals (in particular from Fiora) will have you tapping your feet and with each play through will have you discovering something new and then going back for more. 'No Colour' being my current favourite.

I was one of the lucky ones to download the album for £2.09 which was exceedingly good value but even at the higher MP3 price it is well worth buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky, retro-electro, sexy, laid back vibes., 11 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Glow (Audio CD)
Wow, what can I say?! From start to finish the album takes you on a beautiful journey. Funky 80's electro pop through some soulful blissful beats. Track 4 - (featuring Jacques Lu Cont & Jamie Liddell - 2 of my fave artists in their own rights) is just breathtaking! Reminiscent of Prince at his best. The whole album was a surprise - less 'dancey' than expected, more sophisticated, but I defy you not to get a wiggle on throughout. Am thinking this will be a perfect album to come home to after a night on the dance floor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasant debut album, 10 Mar. 2014
I don't have a pen name "the_metro_area" (West London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Glow (Audio CD)
I've been following Tensnake's stuff ever since I first heard 'Coma Cat' released in 2010, so have been looking forward to an album release for some time. For me, I feel this album certainly delivers with it's blend of Disco, 80's Synth and deep house to name a few influences. Fiora's strong vocals are a highlight throughout, particularly in the collaboration with Nile Rodgers on Love Sublime. If you like track 4 please check out a little known outfit called 33HZ (who had an album out on 2005) as this is very reminiscent of their style.

My one gripe is the drivel of track 6, you'll get used to skipping that woman talking.....

Overall though an enjoyable and nicely flowing album which grows on me with each play (I've been listening to it most of the day at work).

Other notable releases (IMO) from Tensnake have been remixes of Azari & III - Reckless with your love. Friendly Fires - Hurting. Also a rather 90s sounding release on defected last year feat. Syron called Mainline

5.0 out of 5 stars but I like it a lot, 7 Aug. 2014
Ms. S. C. Martin "spofmonster" (midlands,uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Glow [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
It's hard to describe Tensnake's style, but I like it a lot! Somewhere in the midst, between dance/D&B/lounge/chillout - great stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 11 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Glow (Audio CD)
Love this album so much. Different to what I was expecting but easy listening and very catchy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Glow (Audio CD)
Not a bad track on this.

Glow
Glow by Tensnake (Audio CD - 2014)