Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 January 2014
I received this a few weeks ago and what a great album 24 Hours and Something's Happening would make great singles. I hope that one day we will get the first album on cd and as we have waited so long how about a special/deluxe edition of the first album. Thanks for the new album and I'm sure Davy is listening to it in heaven with a smile on his face. IF the greedy record company will not release the first album on cd how about the remaining members go to Callums recording studio and rerecord it again. We fans are not getting any younger. I have been buying Record Collector magazine for over years 30 years and many letters have appeared asking the same question how come the first album hasn't been released on cd.
on 31 May 2014
A friends brother saw the 'Boys live at his college - alas I never got to see them live - and he raved about the gig and the ( first ) album. I paid little attention at the time but got it accidentally as a music club 'record of the month' offering and it instantly became a favourite !! From all the stuff about Headboys on social media, Youtube , etc, I cant believe that it wouldn't make financial sense to release it ? With all the formulaic whinging drivel in the charts - I sometimes doubt the testosterone levels of 'sensitive' male artists - surely a minor push ( linked to 'Shape' ) would generate enough sales to make it worthwhile ?
Anyway - this album. Superb music and lavishly produced. A personal hate is cd booklets full of lyrics, art photos, kit lists and thank-you's - all stuff for the ego of the artists and not the enjoyment of the punter who pays for their lifestyle. However the 36 - yes 36 !! - page booklet that comes with the CD is all story and rough and ready photos. A fascinating read for fans or just the musically generally curious !
Some stuff is perhaps not as strong as the 'classics' on the first album, but that's a minor quibble. The gutsiest track is the opener '24 Hours' and could have come straight off of the first album. And talking of said album, nice to see the recycling of the 'Shape of Things to Come' riff on 'Benny' :-)
Comments I've read favour 'Somethings Happening' and yes it probably the strongest track on the album - but why didn't you copy and add the Poyldor single version ( and its 'B' side ) which you must have and that's teasingly mentioned in the booklet ? Copyright ? Pennies - or would you even get chased for anything nearly three and half decades later ?
Anyway, that's a minor whinge - after years of occasionally checking e-bay and Amazon for a Headboys cd, I couldn't believe the minor miracle when I came across this 'new' album :-) If you have any doubts invest the necessary twelve-ish quid to get this minor masterpiece. Dynamic , colourful music torn from the soul and not dribbled from the keyboard of a corporate formula writer - its compulsive listening - go on, you know you want to :-) !!!