5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting and Brilliant
Having been super impressed with the previous music from Edison's Children I was unsure if the second CD could exceed my expectations, as oftentimes a subsequent album falls short...well I need not have worried, this musical masterpiece went way beyond my expectations and I am finding myself playing it over and over and over....

As someone who appreciates...
Published 16 months ago by Rivendell

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted one singer
Published 12 months ago by Auld Yin

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting and Brilliant, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Final Breath Before November (Audio CD)

As someone who appreciates lyrics, I really enjoyed the tale that was spun through these tracks and found it hauntingly beautiful and at times downright creepy ....the vocals are outstanding throughout and musically it is just brilliant...all in all this is an album that I would recommend to all those who appreciate real music....this CD and the previous one have found their own musical niche in the prog world and it is a very comfortable niche indeed....long may these guys continue to make music together...do yourselves a favour and add this to your collection...the final track Silhouette is worth the price on its own...it is magnificent...and sweeps you along on an amazing journey.....buy it...immerse yourself in it and prepare for a glorious listening experience....that you will repeat time and time again..

5.0 out of 5 stars A"classic"?Maybe., 11 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Final Breath Before November (Audio CD)
Every so often an album appears in the prog world that can rightly be called a "classic".This is maybe one of them.
I`ve been listening to this great piece of work for nearly twelve months now,and it still manages to bring a smile to my face.Masterfully crafted and skilfully played the album is a joy to behold.
It really should be seen as one single piece of work,each track flows nicely into the next creating an atmosphere that pervades the whole album.It`s eerie,mysterious and haunting and yet strangely relaxing.
Everything is as it should be with an album proggy to its core.In my opinion it needs to be seen as being up there with the best,certainly with those great releases of recent years by Astra,the Tea Club,Motorpsycho,Steven Wilson and the like.It really is that good.
So do yourself a favour and part with your hard earned cash on this,you wont be disappointed.
A great shot in the arm for the prog world,it is a winner all the way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted one singer, 16 May 2014
This review is from: The Final Breath Before November (Audio CD)
I bought this album despite the somewhat cool review in Prog magazine. I have listened a couple of times, but had to turn it off second time around, could not stand the singing any longer. Don't get me wrong most of the music is very pleasant, hence the three stars. BUT, these two should stop kidding themselves and hire a decent singer next time round. I would give it a listen before you spend your hard earned on this, or better still you can have mine, don't think I will be needing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Feb. 2015
Excelent

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 May 2015
SUPER

The Final Breath Before November
The Final Breath Before November by Edison's Children (Audio CD - 2014)