on 30 March 2014
I've been waiting for ages to buy this offering at a fair price. So from that point of view I'm very pleased, however the quality isn't as good as I would have hoped for.. I have the Monopoly version and the box and board are very well made and fitting.
on 27 March 2014
Having already bought the Nostalgia Editions of 'Monopoly' and 'Risk', I've been waiting for the equivalent 'Scrabble' edition for quite a while. Why they've waited so long to bring this, out I don't know (I notice our American cousins have already got Nostalgia editions of these and MANY other games - albeit in a 'book' format).

The letter racks are wood, as are the tiles - although I wasn't sure about the font used; it seemed a bit modern for a 'Nostalgia' set, but then I've never seen an original 1940's or 1950's set anyway! The board design definately evokes a older style, and is clean and clear in presentation.

The only gripe I have is that the inside of the box uses a plastic mold to hold the contents (Similar to 'Risk'), and I found this a bit fiddly to get everything back in the box each time (I took a craft knife to remove part of the lipping that held the racks). If the game had wooden partitions - as the 'Monopoly' and 'Cluedo' ones do - this would have been better. The tiles are held in a drawstring fabric bag so wouldn't spill out all over the place anyway.

All in all, I'm pleased with this purchase, and (hopefully) look forward to more Nostalgia editions being produced.
on 6 July 2015
Bought this to replace a tatty, old set and it looked good with some favourable reviews. Had to return it, though, because the board was so tightly packed in its cellophane wrapping it had warped. (Why do manufacturers have to wrap things in cellophane anyway? It's a pain to open without damaging the goods inside.) In spite of efforts to flatten the board, it proved impossible to use with the feather-light wooden tiles, which wouldn't stay in place. The general quality of the whole package was not worth the price, so would have been a disappointment without the warped board.
on 24 April 2015
I didn't listen to the bad reviews, thinking that there were enough good reviews that the product was probably decent, but please don't bother buying this product.

The tiles were all different shapes and sizes (some square, some rectangular, some bigger than others) and didn't fit the board, the board itself was warped and wouldn't lie flat (so even if you were fine dealing with the misshapen tiles, they wouldn't stay in place anyway). The box was badly finished - the slide in lid didn't even fit the box - it was too small. Also as others have commented, there was plastic storage inside of the box which I didn't anticipate would bother would me, but with all of the other problems it just felt tacky.

TLDR: Don't bother buying this game if you actually want to be able to use it functionally.
on 20 November 2014
I do not agree with the comments about the quality of the wood. I think the wood looks great and the pieces actually fit the board better than the plastic ones. The only problem I had was that the lid got trapped because the contents moved and stopped the lid from sliding out. I had to take the plastic casing out from the inside to stop it happening again. It was a great present though and looks fabulous,
on 5 January 2015
Very disappointed with this. It was bought as a replacement for an old set my mum has, and this is such an inferior set. Pieces fall all over the place and with no easy way to score, i'll definitely be going back to the drawing board to find a better one. Particularly with the price paid - not worth it.
on 21 May 2014
The box I received looked like it was made by a mid-grade GCSE student. The wood is cheap and badly cut, so much so that when the lid is inserted there is a large gap at the top, right corner. Clearly either the lid or the box are nor properly square. At first I thought it was damaged because all the books I have ordered recently have had dings and tears, but no, it's made this way. There are also highly visible seams and glue marks.

My set may be a knockoff I suppose. It's that bad. I had a quick look at the pieces inside and they look okay, but I didn't unwrap anything because I'm planning to return this one as defective.
on 23 January 2015
Good looking board but was very hard to open at first. The tile racks were fitted so as to make the space for the board small. This resulted in the board sitting higher inside than it should be and it then caught on the lid, pulling away some of the board material. After fiddling for twenty minutes, I coaxed it open. By rearraging the tile racks inside to have the ridge on the outside of the packaging, the board now drops down cleanly inside and the lid opens and closes as it should.
on 1 September 2014
nice idea but wood very poor quality. Tiles very hard to pick up it would have been better to make them with bevelled edges. The board is nice and clear. Shame about the plastic insert!
on 27 September 2015
Horrible product. Lid doesnt close. And the board does not sit flat since it is one of those that is folded/ split in quarters to enable it to be put in the box. We had to blutac the board down in order to play otherwise the board is quite simply unuseable. An expensive mistake.

See one answered question