5.0 out of 5 stars Time to get out the tupperware!
This is a very well written and researched book. It covers the often overlooked meal that is lunchtime. It sets out to try and re-invigorate the lunchtime menu throughout all workplaces. It is a delightful book to read with some humorous quiffs and some clever tips and tricks to both improve and inspire your lunch while saving your a few bob while you're at it...
Published 7 months ago by Seán Óg

3.0 out of 5 stars Good recipes, but make in the morning?!?!
This is a good recipe book, with some really interesting recipes in it. The only real let down is there is no real scope for 'making ahead'. As I work in London, I have to get up at 5 every morning, so making that even earlier to make lunch is a bit out of the question! Good for weekend lunches where there is more time though.
Published 6 months ago by Miss L. Wilcock

5.0 out of 5 stars Time to get out the tupperware!, 3 Feb 2014

The book itself is broken down into the following chapters:
1. Wholesome and healthy
2. Indulgent and decadent
3. When you are chained to your desk
4. Foraging: the corner of the cupboard and the back of the fridge
5. Cooking the night before
6. Giving leftovers a new lease of life
7. Bribing colleagues with sweet treats

It also helps with the shopping list. It lays out a menu for the week and then gives you the shopping list you would need to make those recipes in that week. These include:

1. Vegetarian
2. Exotic
3. Healthy
4. When Winter Sustenance is Needed
5. Thrifty Lunches for the Week before Pay Day
6. The Minimum of Fuss
7. Mediterranean Style
8. Embracing Al Fresco Lunching

I cannot recommend this book highly enough for the person who is tired of the same old ham and cheese sandwich day in day out or for those who would normally just pop out to a shop and buy something soggy and uninteresting. You will never go back, I promise you.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Little Book of Lunch, 19 July 2014
Keen Reader "lhendry4" (Auckland, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I brought this for myself. Thinking about what to take for lunch can become something of a drag, even become a bit routine. This book shakes up your thinking as to what you can take, how you can take it, and offers a huge variety of options for everybody in every circumstance of lunch-requirements.

What I really like about the book is that it shows you how you can incorporate the preparation of your lunch into your daily routine without it being a bind; making soup and freezing some for later lunches; preparing vegetables or other ingredients while you’re making dinner the previous night, and then what you need to do the next morning; how you can pre-prepare to a cerain extent and then what you need to do at lunchtime to complete your luncheon experience. The ideas and recipes range from really simple to rather exotic, but they’re all guaranteed to raise lunch envy amongst your colleagues and actually make you look forward to getting up in the morning and going to work (no, not really, I didn’t even convince myself there). But it can certainly make you look forward to lunchtime anyway.

There’s a fair bit of fun presented in the book, too – I laughed at the Enid Blyton lunch experience; I remember well the wonderful sounding packed lunches in the Famous Five and Secret Seven books and how I thought even as a child I would enjoy them thoroughly; now I can make a modern version of an Enid Blyton packed lunch for myself – lashings of ginger beer all round. Definitely recommended – would make a great gift for a starting, or returning person to the workplace, or just to brighten someone’s day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for the office, 6 May 2014
Neat concept, great range of ideas, warmly and wittily written and beautifully photographed. Some great ideas for us home workers too plus my daughter at uni with only a tiny, crummy kitchen at her disposal and 4 kitchen implements to her name. I've also used the recipes for simple suppers. To the critics who say they don't have the time... just go to Pret and get a flavourless sandwich. Clearly, this is for those who want to invest a tiny bit of time on their lunch. Most recipe books are about inspiration as much as ideas and I think this manages both. The chapter headings work very well. Particularly like the leftovers and foraging in the back of the fridge section as this really speaks to how I make most meals. Next book - would be nice to see gluten or wheat free suggestions (although half a brain can usually work that one out) and maybe some ideas for schoolkids. Carrot batons lose their appeal for baton maker and eater after about 10 years...

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, 20 Jan 2014
Ordered this after seeing an article online, arrived next day! Really impressed with this so far, we have tried a couple of the recipes and have been blown away by how easy they are to make and how nice they are to eat! It's a beautiful book full of stunning pictures, I'd recommend it to anyone who fancies better lunches.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for lunches - packed or not., 26 Aug 2014
I love this book! I bought it for some packed lunch inspiration. In particular I needed an incentive to stop spending a small fortune on Pret a Manger falafel wraps every other day, and so far this has worked. So much so that I even use it for home meals. If you are the kind of person who goes from fine to starving in a couple of minutes, this is the book to turn to, as it is geared towards quick and healthy meals that you can make in a flash.

Recipes are tasty and straight forward, and even include reminders to go and have a shower or brush your teeth while your lunch is cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book - highly recommended!, 11 Feb 2014
This is the loveliest book, full of fantastically useful recipes and beautiful photographs. It has definitely brightened up my lunchbox.

5.0 out of 5 stars Edible Lunch, 22 Feb 2014
Bought this as a tryout to see if packed lunch was an option for someone fussy - or just keen that food not be soggy, dried-up or tediously the same every day. Easy to read, proper hardback and full of lovely photographs of what your lunch will look like - plenty of vegetarian options wa important for me too. Very pleased: it's a really useful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Revolutionising lunchtime, 22 July 2014
This has been on my wish list for a little while so I was delighted to receive it. Preparing packed lunch for four people is a chore neither my husband nor myself relish but this book really has made a difference. Some of the recipes are quite simple - such as cheese and tomato sandwiches - honestly!! But some are really quite exciting - such as the many uses of a 'lone sausage'! The planning ahead section including 'the week before payday' is excellent with ideas that are cheap, cheerful and appetising.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought I knew how to make a sandwich, until I bought this book!, 21 Feb 2014
Making sandwiches used to be an incredibly mundane part of my day - 2 slices of white bread, some lettuce, ham and if I was feeling adventurous some mustard. To use a sandwich analogy I would have compared my life as 2 slices of bread which where not filled, my life was unfulfilling.

I hit rock bottom when I bought a Tesco tuna and sweetcorn sandwich and threw half of the monstrosity away. It was at that precise moment that I realised I needed some guidance; and boy did I get it from this book. This book opened my eyes to wholewheat, seeded even rye bread-types and a variety of fillings and combinations that opened the doors to a whole new world of taste, O Brave New World (with much better sandwiches).

Thanks for filling the gap in my figurative sandwich.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent scoff, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Little Book of Lunch (Kindle Edition)
I love your book! Inspirational recipes and lots to make the reader smile, laugh out loud,or leap up and make lunch for tomorrow or a shopping list for yummy meals in general. Thank you.

The Little Book of Lunch