5.0 out of 5 stars Rokit 5's give music a new lease of life!
I'd started to use a studio a couple of years ago. I was blown away by the studio monitors they had, I'd never heard sound like that, ever. Whilst they were Genelecs, I knew from that point if I wanted audio that good (albeit cheaper than 4x the price Genelecs) I would have to invest in some studio monitors. I did my research and came across these Rokit's.

Most...
Published 6 months ago by travellin57

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for 12 months. These speakers have a fundamental design flaw on the circuit board.
I have owned these speakers for 3 years. They were good in the beginning for 18 months but after this the rubbery glues used on the electronic boards inside the speakers melted and destroyed some part of the board that then cost me £72 to repair. The exact same problem has again happened to the other speaker 6 months later. So all in all after two and a half years they...
Published 12 months ago by filks1

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Rokit 5's give music a new lease of life!, 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Active Studio Monitors Kit - Cables and Isolation Pads Included

Most people had been raving about them stating how good the audio quality was, but some complaining about the lack of bass. Since opening these they have been awesome!

First impressions: They weren't anywhere nearly as heavy as I thought they would be (always a plus) and were a pretty decent size, but they certainly aren't small either!

Setting up: I was confused as to how I was going to plug these monitors into my computer for the best sound quality. I did research and opted for a Behringer Audio interface. It set me back about £20. It plugs in via USB to your computer (or using a normal 3.5 to RCA jack) and then I got myself an RCA to XLR Cable (I haven't really used the cables included in this package) from Amazon, with the XLR going to the back of each speaker.

Upon listening: Wow! These things do sound great. Whilst I'm going to be looking into production and mixing my audio down the line, for the time being these speakers are mainly going to be used for listening. People that complain about the bass, I'm not quite sure what they're talking about. The Bass is rich, heavy and so so responsive! It doesn't feel like muddy 'unresponsive' bass, but bass that packs punch. Whilst some really 'low' bass frequencies can be missed by these speakers, the frequencies it is able to produce, it does so well with lots of punch. You won't have any problem with bass here.

More listening: The manual states these speakers need 15 to 25 hours moderate listening to achieve optimum 'sonic' qualities, and I've pretty much achieved that level of listening with these now. I haven't noticed a difference, either way they sound great. I love how so many aspects of the music are picked out and easily heard, and just the clarity that's retained even at loudness that these speakers achieve.

Overview: I love these speakers, best I've ever owned, will keep posted if anything changes my opinion, but for now these are great speakers, and I'm loving them. They offer a really full sound, portraying a full spectrum of colours. What's more is, play them even at low volumes and you'll still hear the range of sounds. Something budget speakers don't tend to achieve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase! Very happy with them!, 16 Jan. 2014
To start off with the delivery service was incredible. They arrived within 2 days which was excellent. The sound is phenomenon for my small sized home studio and the HF and LF level adjusts are great to get the sound you want. The manual tells you how to set the monitors up in a really easy way and i managed to set them up without any problems. They are a great purchase and i would recommend them too anyone who wants monitors for a small - medium sized studio! Acoustic pads are also great top prevent vibrations on my desk!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars KRK Rokit RP5 G3 Active Studio Monitors Kit - Cables and Isolation Pads..., 2 Jan. 2014
An absolutely fantastic product, easy to assemble with clear instructions. The monitors are ideal for any medium sized home studio. I'm hearing much more depth in my mixes and the pads are great for stopping unwanted vibrations from the desk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Krk RP5 G3, 9 Feb. 2014
Nice speakers, nice audio clarity, nice idea of having the isolation pads as well, I like it and would recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars KRK Studio Monitors, 25 Mar. 2014
For the price, these monitors are excellent value for money and do a good job - which is a bonus.
Nice bass response, clear mids and highs. Have certainly added to my mixing experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good place to start for people trying to set up ..., 1 Jun. 2015
Good place to start for people trying to set up a studio. Not a lot of low end on these; would recommend getting the RP6 or an additional sub but at this price it's hard to say no.

The isolation pads are helpful for reducing reflected sounds but a bedroom isn't the ideal place for mixing.

Try googling how to set these up in a room in order to get the best sound out of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for home recording, 24 Mar. 2015
Great for home recording, fairly pricey but once you have em you will notice the difference!

4 Stars because I received 2 unbalanced guitar jack cables instead of 2 balanced ones. Not too happy about that but eh what can I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars great Quality, 26 Jun. 2014
They take some time to warm up correctly (20 hours) but it's worth the wait! The base is just outstanding and the overall sounds that these can produce are mind blowing, a great buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars and are brilliant. The isolation pads work perfectly, 16 Jan. 2015
The speakers arrived on time, and are brilliant. The isolation pads work perfectly. I use the speakers with Guitar Rig 5 and with my laptop. They are brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars KRK Rokit RP5 G3 - Great sound!!!, 31 May 2015
KRK Rokit RP5 G3 -- Excellent sound and build quality. I am very happy with this purchase the RP5's are great even though I thought a 5" speaker would be quiet in comparison to a larger sized speaker. I was shockingly surprised at the volume these monitor speakers can produce, clean/flat sound with adjustable settings for high/low frequencies. The isolation kit works pretty well. and the TRS cables are great too!. Just buy these you will not be disappointed :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›