Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 26 October 2014
I wanted something as a quick reference to save me trawling the internet. This book has all the preliminary data I wanted and has saved me some time and enabled me to get up and running more quickly.

There are useful sections on what's available and from where to get it. Great idea!

It does not go into too much theory, which is what I wanted, I just needed the basic concepts to assist in my general electronic design skills.
on 12 January 2014
this book is well organised and laid out, it also covers a lot of topics. if you are looking for a broad overview then it is very good. It is focused towards the beginners end of the market, to those with some experience and the final chapters touch on some advanced topics. I am still enjoying the book and it is a good reference.
on 6 October 2014
This book is an excellent reference for RPI. Like other books in the series it doesn't go into much detail in each recipe but it is more than enough to get you started and build upon. I'm a novice when it comes to coding and I've been able to follow recipes and apply them to my own projects such as coding a program to run automatically on start up. The only complaint I have about the book is that the publisher has not made all the code available online; in the book it says example code is available on the publishers website but only a limited selection is available. This made it difficult to use some of the examples and took some time to type them from the book; because of this I'm only giving the book 3 starts otherwise I would have given it 5.

Also just want to mention there was that there was a delivery problem with Royal Mail who lost the original order and said it had been delivered. I wish Amazon would stop using Royal Mail; my last online purchase was delivered by DPD who text messaged a one hour timeslot and also provided online tracking of the delivery van. Royal Mail provided tracking which said my item was delivered at 10:20 am but when I called them at 16:00 they admitted they sometimes scan the items in the depot as delivered to save time on the rounds! Amazon stop using Royal Mail! I really like the book by the way.
on 28 March 2015
Good clear instructions, like the way its laid out; you can just look up a scenario/problem that you want to learn about or address, then follow the instructions.
on 5 June 2014
A very good book which follows O'Reilly format of giving you recipes for exploring the Raspberry Pi both hardware and software. Simon Monk’s previous book on Programming the Raspberry Pi has lots of hints and tips for hardware projects which are taken a step further in this Cookbook. There are lots more illustrations and screen captures in this book than there was in his previous book which makes for easy reading and identification of problems. The E-book is well priced and has the advantage of following the hypertext links of which there are many from the E-Book to the web and back again without having to type in a link. Simon Monk also supplies all the code you need for the recipes through the O’Reilly web site. He also has project and starter kits that go with this book and his previous book at a very reasonable price.
on 6 August 2015
super book to dive into RPi
on 6 March 2014
I have only read the first chapters of this book, but it has helped me by explaining a couple of essential things.
on 18 March 2014
This has to be one of the best and well thought out books you can get for the raspberry pi
on 5 February 2015