on 3 March 2014
This conversion lens is my first Wide Angle / Macro lens experience so I cannot compare it with any other similar low priced product.

The construction of this product is good and it fits perfectly onto my Canon 600D lenses (also applicable for my Canon1000D) but it does not function too well on my telephoto lens as it blurs the images and distorts the colours.
However It does perform satisfactorily on my EFS 18- 55mm & 28 - 80 lenses although the images do lose some of their sharpness and colour which can be adjusted to some degree on my computer to make the pictures acceptable but not perfect.

As for the Macro lens I have not really put it to the test other than to take a few close up shots in my home which produced reasonable images. Note: This is a two in one product. The Macro lens can be used on it's own but the Wide Angled lens cannot, it can only be used with the Macro lens attached to it.

Delivery of this product was prompt, it was well packaged, and for it's price it does what it says on the box (basic instructions are included).
on 11 October 2015
Works fine with my Canon. It gives very good macro pictures and when widened has a nice fish eye look. Good value and easy to screw on to the original lens.
on 14 August 2014
I have a Canon EOS 40D with 18-55mm lens. The glowing selling description of what this lens can do seems totally incorrect. There is no difference to the width. I cannot get my filter off however and the lens is screwed into this - but would that give such a lack of wide angle? The macro facility is v good but I didn't buy it for that - I wanted wide angle pictures. Its v well packaged, well made, but I can't get wide angle shots!
Two of the instructions should be mandatory on the Amazon sell - 1. Some cameras need to use wide angle mode to avoid vignetting (the corners do go black on mine) but I don't think I have that mode anyway. 2. Some cameras/camcorders may need require additional rings or adapter tubes. So does mine need another ring then? I'll report again if I get the filter off!

UPDATE 21.8.14
I finally got the filter off - with a rubber band around it. I duly screwed the Vivitar lens back on directly onto the end of my 18-55mm EOS lens. Unfortunately there is still NIL difference - there's no wide angle I'm afraid. I therefore have to give it a 1-star just for the macro facility. Well made, packed, and presented but it dosen't do what its supposed to.I'd send it back but it didn't cost a fortune - but ultimately total disappointment I'm afraid.
on 2 June 2015
Purchased for my canon 700D because it came with standard lens 55mm and thought instead of buying expensive lenses why not try this though i know it wont be that good but it does the job perfectly.
it feel little heavy and once you zoomed out completely, the circle mark can be seen from the view finder and in picture as well.
i will recommend this.
for product i would give 3/5
on 16 January 2015
Really helped me get in close on my macro shots for a fraction of the price of a "real" macro lens.
on 2 November 2014
Fits camera nicely but does not give as wide a shot as you led to believe
on 4 March 2015
Does the job but don't expect high quality
on 29 April 2015
very good addition to the camera case
on 23 November 2015
Works well, does create wide angle view but shows on edges of image. A good product for playing about with for the price.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 August 2014
I like this - a cheap alternative that works well for both wide angle and macro shots.