5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good clean and tidy
Spot on. Better sound than I thought. Great compact sound system. I would recommend this to anyone. It is easy to use. A great product
Published 5 months ago by Keith hopwood

1.0 out of 5 stars OVER PRICED RUBBISH.
Published 18 days ago by Daniel Mcfarlane

1.0 out of 5 stars OVER PRICED RUBBISH., 2 Sep 2014
The best pill is crap! DONT BE TEMPTED TO BUY ONE! Just to look good in front of your friends!! TRUST ME Because being a young person I have heard all the speakers out there an the beats pill cos the most and it is the worst. at the end of the day its an overpriced speaker that doesn't sound good at all.If you want a REAL good speaker, then I recommend getting a jbl flip because they produce the best sound quality and are really loud !!!! The bose speaker is good sound quality and bass but just isn't load enough so if you want thr loudest and the best sound qualit go get yourself a jbl filp 1.The 2nd version they made cost a little to much so If I was you i would DEFIANTLY buy a jbl flip 1.

3.0 out of 5 stars not as loud as needed, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Beats by Dr. Dre Pill 2.0 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - Nicki Pink (Electronics)
Good quality sound but not very loud, a bit disappointed with the level of sound but overall a decent speaker

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful sound for the price, 25 Dec 2013
Paul O'DONNELL (Liverpool, UK.) - See all my reviews
I am not one for buying earphones and speakers without having heard them first, so I really struggle for replacement equipment. Taking risks on particular brands with previous excellent track records. However, each and every time I have had the chance to try any Beats equipment, I have always been massively disappointed. The Pill is no exception. The best description for the sound is "flat" the range is very limited, the bass is meh, the high end unclear. So it surprises me that they are charging as much as they are for something so poor. The Jawbone Jambox is half the price and twice the quality. The Bose soundlink is the same price as the Pill and performs better still than the Jawbone. For me, the Pill would have to have a RRP of about £30 to make it comparable on a price/quality graph that included the Bose and the Jawbone. For me Beats, even with Dre's help are generally mediocre at best, and vastly overpriced. I also tried a high end pair of over the ear headphones, considering they were priced at £160, they were only on a par with a £60 pair of Sony or Sennheiser equivalents. I think Beats are successful, because we now live in a sealed blister packaging world, and they have an image that is attractive to kids. If we still lived in a world, where shops would have one of everything out on display and testable, I am sure they would not be anywhere near as ubiquitous as they currently are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good clean and tidy, 10 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Ace great sound, 26 April 2014
Great sound for such a small device that can be used any where I would recommend the beats pill !

2.0 out of 5 stars An absolute rip-off, 17 Feb 2014
I had been warned against any Beats products but had heard good things about the pill, so took the plunge. Big mistake. To price it at £160 pounds is almost laughable. It's just a bad product. The sound quality is average - 5/10 - although it does go quite loud, which is good, but can't cope with too much bass. There's constant problems with connecting it via bluetooth to anything. The battery life is terrible. It's clunky and poorly made - even using the on/off button is difficult. Absolute rubbish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best speaker, 26 April 2014
Great sound
Great colour
Item comes with a great box and a nice carrying case
The best thing is its got a 8 hours of battery life

5.0 out of 5 stars loud sound for it`s small size., 27 Aug 2014
my sister bought this for my birthday and i have to say I love it, the pill makes the music on my phone sound brilliant. I did however have to have a replacement pill as when I took the first one out of the box it only charged for a minute or two and then there was no power at all.Amazon quickly sent out a replacement pill and I am pleased to say it is working fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top tip for KILLER bass!, 2 Sep 2014
I bought the original Beats Pill from the Apple Store when it first came out. Everything in this review relates to both the original and the 2.0 as they are both identical in terms of sound quality and functionality (apart from a few exceptions).

Negatives:

Bass.
Just like many other reviews on here I can confirm the bass isn't brilliant. If anyone is buying this tiny, minuscule device for a 'deep bass' experience then those people will be very disappointed. It really isn't designed for that. What it is designed for is brilliant, loud sound - and it excels at that. In fact, in my opinion, the clarity of the high end is excellent.

Bluetooth.
One huge negative was that the Pill used to cut out occasionally and lose connection. I read online that it could be either the device itself or the iDevices I was using (iPad mini, iPhone 4 and iPhone 5s). I doubt it was all three iDevices. As the occasional cutting out didn't really bother me too much I didn't do anything about. But one day it just annoyed me when I was dancing with my baby boy listening to his favourite song. I thought I'd pop into the Apple Store (Leeds) and see if anything could be done about it. Now I was well out of my 12month warranty... but because I bought it from Apple, they replaced it free of charge with the 2.0! Really over the moon with this!
Also, the 2.0 has yet to drop connection!

Positives

Portability.
So small and portable. Exactly what I wanted.

Sound.
Loud and clear. Awesome.

Charging.
I can charge my iPhone from it when I'm out and about!

BASS!!!!!
This is a little known fact with the Beats Pill 1.0/2.0. You can use the output connection at the back to plug into an auxiliary sound system - in my case the Logitech Z5500 5.1 system which has an 8inch (or is it 10inch?) THX subwoofer. The Pill stays on too so the output is 'passive' (if that makes sense?). So in my case, I can have awesome high end sound from the Pill with killer bass from a system I already own.
As well as that, you can place the Pill in a corner, or an enclosed area (like the IKEA expedite 4x4 or 5x5 shelving unit) and this gives the unit a deeper sounding bass that will surprise you!

Quality.
Overall build quality is excellent. Feels VERY durable.

Buttons.
The buttons on v2.0 are way better and easier to press than the original. Thats a small thing but makes life much easier.

Summary.
Awesome little thing that does what its meant to do and more. You aren't going to get heavy bass because it is physically too small to move enough air for that. What you will get is portable, loud, clear sound with excellent features. I've yet to pair two units together for a 'left and right' but that is something I look forward to trying out!

5.0 out of 5 stars So good! Its so small, 3 July 2014
So good! Its so small , but is so loud ! ( plus its easy to use and nice looking)