5.0 out of 5 stars Weirdly Good. Very high protein, low fat and carbs and very easy to mix and drink., 20 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Muscleform Avi-Pro 94 Pure Whey Protein Isolate 94% 1kg Pouch - Fast Delivery - Strawberry (Personal Care)
I always used to buy Sci-Mx Whey Protein, and was very happy with that - but they changed their formula overnight and was very disappointed. To be fair, they are aware of their mistake and apparently rectifying that mistake soon, but it did break my trust in Sci-Mx so I started to look for other Whey Protein drink/shake suppliers.

I had bought Muscleform Creatine in the past and it had worked very well, at good value. I had also bought the Beta Alanine from them, and although that didn't work for me I could tell both of these products were good value and quality - so I thought I'd try Muscleform shakes, because my trust was running high with the firm.

What surprised me first of all was they very high protein content. I do Crossfit and follow quite a Paleo diet, so I'm not really interested in seeing Carbs and Fats in my shakes. Well this stuff is packed with protein according to the labels - and I have no reason to doubt the claims. They do some 30g samples for the different flavours and I thought I'd try some of those (Lemon, Vanilla, Choc, Strawberry, also the non-flavoured one).

One thing that really surprised me is the "wateriness" of the drink. Sci-mx was quite thick and creamy (when it mixed!). It almost felt like a filling meal. This though is much more like a flavoured drink. I have to say that this is not unpleasant. I neck a shake after a workout and like to "drink" to quench my thirst too. I'm actually amazed at the protein content compared with what I was used to. It is difficult to get your head round the fact that a "flavoured drink" can pack so much protein - but then before mixing it certainly seems the same amount of powder as before...perhaps this is a very different whey protein drink product. If so please correct me. I'm just going on labels and protein content. If it's a "shake" or a "drink" I really don't mind!

Given the flavoured water style of drink, I don't think the Strawberry and Choc (which might suit a thicker shake) worked for this product so well. I preferred lemon (lemonade style!) and vanilla (cream soda?!). Even the non-flavoured is pleasant enough if you want to go "pure" (I can't describe it better than "non-flavoured" I'm afraid, it's like water with "something dissolved into it" changing the texture slightly!). I will be going for Vanilla on my next order.

Overall I'm very happy with the product. It's really easy to mix and drink and tastes great. If all those proteins are true, it packs a hell of a punch with no sugars to speak off. Give it a go!

5.0 out of 5 stars The packaging is not ideally suited for this product. ..., 23 April 2015
The packaging is not ideally suited for this product. It lasts for longer than a year and the seal stops working as intended after a month. Now my creatine resembles tiny rocks.