8,170 Reviews
 (6,759)

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but be careful of e-mailing it
When I asked a friend of mine's wife what voucher he wanted for his 50th Birthday she said Amazon. Since I knew my friends e-mail address, I thought it was best to use the e-mail option because it might be easier to redeem for him than a printed voucher, but after I sent it, I started reading the terms and conditions which state: "Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a...
Published on 3 Dec 2011 by Mr. William Bimson

3.0 out of 5 stars Expiration!
I live abroad, so sending an E-card is a perfect way for me to get gifts to folks back in the UK on time for birthdays or other occasions. Amazon has a great selection so it works out great for me. On the downside, Amazon gift certificates expire--they have 1 year life expectancy. You'd think that was plenty of time to spend it out...but it seems this is not so. I...
Published on 13 Mar 2011 by Penny

1.0 out of 5 stars Gift certificate didn't work, 26 Oct 2013
I bought this gift certificate for my mum's birthday . When she went to use it to purchase a book from amazon the certificate would not work coming up with an error saying the code was invalid. I had to transfer the equivalent amount to her bank account instead and request a refund from amazon. What is amazon doing to correct this issue for future.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought Strling gift cetificate by mistake!, 30 Mar 2011
L. Olley (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I felt just awful when my sister in America told me she couldn't use the gift easily. I really feel that the web-page should have flagged up a warning to make sure I was buying the right product. A silly mistake that cost me alot and left family without a Christmas gift.

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed to email to my friend., 30 Jan 2013
T. P. Cannon "Tim" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was in hospital at the time of my best friend's 60th Birthday, but thought, "It's ok, I've got it covered" because I'd ordered a gift voucher to be sent to him the day before his birthday. When I got home, I found he HADN'T received it, and re-sending to his address FAILED. In the end I had to email it to myself, and then forward it. Big disappointment, big let-down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this ....it wont be delivered!, 23 Aug 2013
3 e mails and now I am on hold to Amazon waiting to speak to a supervisor. I purchased the Reggae Birthday song and a £50 gift certificate for a friends birthday. It never arrived. Rang Amazon who have told me that she has been credited £50 on her amazon account. So now I have to ring her and tell her- sorry no birthday card but have you checked your amazon account because you will find £50 there....... This system is a mess.... Rachel the supervisor has been very helpful and it seems the problem is from the Gift card end. Amazon don't sell these products if you cannot deliver them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon voucher, 19 April 2011
I am really disapointed in the voucher I purchased from Amazon to be sent to my son-in-law for his birthday.

It has caused all sorts of problems and these have not been resolved yet.

My son-in-law has been unable to spend the voucher despite the money having been taken from my account (so must be valid). I have sent it twice, he has not received any e-mail from Amazon confirming the gift. I have sent him the code sent tor me but Amazon have declined to accept this.

I now have the bother of chasing this all up. What I thought would be a nice and easy solution for a birthday gift has resulted in my son-in-law feeling guilty because he has had to come back to me. What a disapointment all round

Carol

2.0 out of 5 stars The gift card was not sent on the day I specified, 14 Feb 2013
The recipient did not get the gift card on the day of his birthday which was scheduled so it was very embarrassng

1.0 out of 5 stars didn't meet my expectations, 18 Dec 2013
Bought this as gift, so my friend in Spain could choose something she liked.Was disappointed first off that I couldn't select a euro voucher. But what really peeved me was the fact that the voucher is only valid for UK. Amazon. Most of the value of the voucher had to go to uk postage because she couldnt buy from Amazon.es. There was no clear notices that amazon gift vouchers were not transferable to all amazon sites. Won't recommend this product or purchase again for overseas gifts. :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Online Voucher - email, 4 Dec 2011
A perfect gift for a teenager. I remembered my neices birthday at the last minute and to late to post anything, so I sent her an Amazon voucher by email. I used the timed delivery of the email to arrive on her birthday, perfect. The response to the voucher was outstanding. she loved it....she can now buy what she wants online, without having to ask her mom for credit card details. Pro's 1) She gets exactly what she wants, 2)I dont waste money on something a teenager does not want, 3) present arrives on time, 4) everyone is happy. Thank you Amazon for making my life just a little bit easier.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but not reliable., 27 Sep 2013
Did not work first time, then had to have long winded conversation with someone at Amazon who did help to rectify the problem in the end.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful service, 25 Jan 2011
I ordered and the card was not delivered. I won't be back. I plan to use Pay Pal from now on to give gifts to my son.