4.0 out of 5 stars Strong heroine & a Sexy but flawed hero
I loved Monica's earlier works but haven't read any for a while. I thought I'd dip my toes in again with this novella. It was a great read - a fairly simple plot given its length, but nonetheless had wonderful characters, with a feisty and strong heroine and a hero who finally finds his way.

Definitely worth a read for fans of her books. If this is your first,...
Published 3 months ago by Asteria

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
Published 9 days ago by victoria atchinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong heroine & a Sexy but flawed hero, 22 May 2014
This review is from: The Knight (The Highland Guard) (Kindle Edition)

Definitely worth a read for fans of her books. If this is your first, I'd recommend starting with one of her trilogies instead as they better showcase her skills ( and so much more fun too!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best historical romance I have ever read, 12 April 2014
This review is from: The Knight (The Highland Guard) (Kindle Edition)
Was a little sceptical of this series at first because I thought a series of historical romance this long was likely to be just a repetitive recycling of material and characters but decided to give it a go.

I was wrong. I fell in love with book 1 and my love for these highlanders continued to grow throughout the series. Really really enjoyed this whole series and I would recommend to anyone. Cannot wait for the next one to be published.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 6 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Knight (The Highland Guard) (Kindle Edition)
this was the first book I have read by this author and I must admit I won't be reading any more although the book was ok for a free download I love reading highlander romance especially when you have the Scottish dialect unlike this book which is in English all the way through kind of makes you forget your in the highlands even though the heroin in this book is very well written the hero was a mager let down I went from disliking him one minute then feeling really sorry for him not the hot sexy sensitive but also manly hero you usually read but like I said its ok for a free download

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Knight (The Highland Guard) (Kindle Edition)
First time l have read any of Monica McCarty books and l was not disappointed, what a great read.Set in 1311, James Douglas must honor his father and regain what was lost.He fights to restore his familys honour even when he dishonours his long time sweetheart, nothing will stand in his way.This book had book had me clued from the start, it had passion and true to the highland traditions and based on fact.Loved this book and l will be reading more.Couldnt put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
good

5.0 out of 5 stars a knight, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Knight (The Highland Guard) (Kindle Edition)
brillant book couldnt leave it down had to read the whole book keeps u amused cant wait for the next one

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Knight (The Highland Guard) (Kindle Edition)
Love this author too short for me but enjoyable can't wait for book eight in feb its a good short story

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish it was longer, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Knight (The Highland Guard) (Kindle Edition)
Love books from this author. I suppose she wanted to come up with something before we wait for her new release from Highland Guard series.
Her books are so good because of the complexity of the plot and stories within it. As this was a novella there was not much space for complexity though.
Still loved it and read it in one breath. I missed mentions of the other guys from Highland guard.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Knight (The Highland Guard) (Kindle Edition)
If you like historical romance you will love this a good Scottish story about a highlander and his loved one

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Read, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Knight (The Highland Guard) (Kindle Edition)
I usually like reading longer books but this one, although shorter, proved an excellent read, will be reading more of Monica McCarty in the future.

The Knight (The Highland Guard)
0.00