on 24 August 2014
I'm not sure I really get this book. It seems less of an expose of the fourth wave and more of a collection of stories and anecdotes of what is happening in the world of feminism. Maybe that's what it meant to be, but I found it a rather shallow read of an important subject.
on 27 August 2014
This is a brilliant, concise summary of current movements in feminism. Cochrane does well to represent various voices and arguments in a coherent and engaging way with only very occasional moments of her own opinions. I would definitely recommend this.
on 17 November 2014
Read this on my phone on my journey to work. Great to have a mention of the various feminist campaigns all in one place. Interesting discussion of the fourth wave of feminism lots of different feminist ideologies to consider. I enjoyed it.
on 17 March 2015
This book acts as a great introduction to feminism in a modern age and builds the foundations for the reader to move on and explore the issues raised in the book further if they wish.
on 4 April 2014
A very comprehensive guide to contemporary feminism . Well written and easy to understand. Lots of facts about what has happened recently to give the impression of a fourth wave, but less on how women actually feel about being women in this age ,which would also have interested me.
on 27 July 2015
Plenty of food for thought, not all doom and gloom, and some great input by other women. This book was a quick and interesting read.
on 14 August 2015
Absolute life-saver for my dissertation, easy to read and accurate, well referenced, really good journalism :)
on 3 July 2014
A helpful guide to recent feminist activity. I also learnt about the term 'intersectionality' which I was unaware of before. Has inspired me to read more on the subject.
on 9 June 2014
A concise and interesting introduction to some key ideas, I would recommend this book to anyone wishing to get an overview of current and historical feminist ideas.
on 24 February 2014
Absolutely amazing book and very deep. I love it I recommend to anyone and everyone. It's just superb and very well written.