5.0 out of 5 stars Octopus for GoPro!
I have been using various sizes of "octopus tripods" over the past years, and have found them very adaptable and useful. Although this is not the same brand as my others, it works on the same principles, and is perfectly designed and sized for my GoPro Hero3+.

Published 3 months ago by C. Hawkes

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, spend the extra on a GorillaPod
Published 23 hours ago by Bearded Biker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Octopus for GoPro!, 6 Sep 2014
C. Hawkes "Livefats" (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Goliton® Digital camera mini octopus tripod adapter for Gopro Hero 3/2/3+- Black (Electronics)

As with all octopuses, it is easy to level the camera on uneven surfaces, and the legs can also be wrapped around poles, railings, handles... It holds the GoPro very securely - in fact I often use it as a mini pole for hand-held shooting.

One or two reviews have stated that with a little force the leg segments can become detached. That's a feature of this sort of tripod, and they easily snap back in place.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little tripod for the GoPro, 21 Sep 2014
Official gorilla tripods cost a fortune compared with this little one, but for the price it's great. I originally purchased it for setting up my GoPro at the side of the road during the Tour de France Grand Départ in Yorkshire where it done a fine job.

The legs are infinitely adjustable due to their pivot-motion joints on each ball, which in turn makes it possible to stand it in awkward places/uneven surfaces. It is also ideal for wrapping around relatively thing objects such as poles etc. The feet and pivots contain small amounts of grippy rubber which help keep the tripod on place. As I haven't has extensive use out of it, I can't comment on how great this grip is, but from my few uses it hasn't let me down.

Finally, the tripod comes with the detachable GoPro mount which screws onto the tripod using a traditional tripod thread. I wouldn't recommend you use this for anything more substantial than a GoPro or a small point-and-shoot camera as it probably wouldn't hold the weight very well.

All round a great little tripod which serves its purpose and saves a few pounds in the wallet compared to the fancier alternatives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price, 1 May 2014
I bought the tripod as I was looking to do some time-lapse filming with my GoPro. It arrived on time and I am impressed with how sturdy it is. Many of the GoPro accessories are really expensive for what they are so at £6.95 I was a little nervous about ordering this, but it is very stable and flexible as it can easily adapt to uneven surfaces or be wrapped around a pole or maybe small tree. It also comes with a bracket which fits directly onto the GoPro, which not all accessories have. Would highly recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, spend the extra on a GorillaPod, 17 Dec 2014
Not fit for purpose. Returned item. It states in the description that this is suitable to hold up to 1kg. This is completely false. When it arrived, I attached my garmin virb which weighs 350g and the tripod legs were fine but the head kept sagging and could not hold the camera upright, the head actually comes away from the main body very easily so I would not trust it at all to hold the camera in an elevated position for fear of it coming loose and damaging the camera. Also the "balljoint" that holds the head onto the unit seems to be damaged and the plastic seems very soft, again, not filling me with confidence. Don't make the same mistake I did, pay the extra and get yourself a GorillaPod instead. I am off to order mine now, just wish I had done that in the first place. I have attached photos showing how the head connects to the body, this really is not sufficient to hold and protect a camera worth £££'s as I am sure you will agree!

1.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly Bad, 4 Jun 2014
Don't even bother with this - The legs just snap off under the slightest amount of pressure. They can be reattached but it just totally limits what you can do

3.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap version of flexi-tripod with Gopro mount, 9 Dec 2014
Great delivery 24hrs from order to knock on the door.

This is a good flexible tripod for the money - nothing wrong with it. I am using it for GoPro which fits and works well.
Only worry is that the legs are already a little loose and may get a bit too loose in the future after use. In the meantime I'm happy with what it does. Comes with Gopro tripod mount which is good in itself.

You will obviously get a better product if you pay more, but if you are OK with a bit of slack in the legs go with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 19 Jun 2014
its works good and is stable good choice to buy if y need a small tripod recomend
very fast shipping

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent delivery and exactly what I was wanting, 17 April 2014
Arrived on a Monday even though I had ordered on the Sunday, which was brill! Perfect size as I will be taking it travelling and it does the job. I'd recommend to anybody with a similar small and light weight camera such as the gopro. I'm not sure it would hold anything heavier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for your Gopro 3+, 15 April 2014
Bought it to use solely with my gopro so I had a tripod that was quick and easy to use.

Fits the bill perfectly and for the cheap price is perfect. It is for lightweight cameras though so I would not want to use this with anything heavier. If i was going too I would buy a more premium product but this should certainly cope well with the Gopro and doesnt feel like it will break anytime soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boldly going where a normal tripod cannot!, 8 April 2014
Wraps around poles, tree branches, hooks onto gutters - the list of possibilities is vast... or you can also use it as a "normal" tripod - or even as a hand grip.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›