on 18 June 2014
The item came well packaged (with good supporting paperwork that hasn't been needed) and worked without any need to install anything with a mac Mini as well as an external monitor. The monitor has its own four port USB2 hub and I was able to plug that into one of the HooToo's seven USB ports to create further expansion. I have six of the USB3 ports with things plugged in permanently and an Apple Lightning cable in one of the charging ports. All completely hassle free and not at all ugly - which is always a concern for me.

A measure of how much I liked this product was that when I needed a USB3 bus powered hub to use on the road with a MacBook Pro and/or MacBook Air I went straight to the HooToo four port bus powered version and hit the one-click purchase button. Needless to say that in the few days that I've owned the four port one it has worked flawlessly too.
on 28 May 2015
The HooToo (HT-UH010) 7port USB 3 Hub deserves no less than 5 stars, its a high quality device that works well at a fair price!

When I saw the HooToo 7-port USB 3.0 Hub with two smart charging ports I just had to have it!.

The HooToo HT-UH010 works really well, I simply plugged into my iMac and the ports were recognised instantly, I have tested it using various external HDD's, USB 3.0 memory sticks and my iPhone 6 Plus and and an iPad Mini it detected them all first try and everything worked well in a very speedy manor.

The hub has an added bonus as it has two charging ports one 1A and one 2.1A unit this frees up a plug as I do now not need to have a seperate USB charger plugged in.

The look and feel of the item is also good its made from a high quality plastic, matt on the bottom and sides and a nice glossy plastic on the top. Feels well made so I have confidence in this being an item with a long life.

Product Dimensions: 14.5 x 4.4 x 2.3 cm ; 104 g
Boxed-product Weight: 680 g

Whats in the Box:
1 x HooToo 7+2 port USB 3.0 Hub
1 x USB 3.0 Cable
1 x 12V/5A Power Adapter
1 x User Guide

The HooToo 7-port USB 3.0 Hub with two smart charging ports deserves no less than 5 stars, its a high quality device that works really well at a very fair price.

Would definitely recommend it!
33 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The main thing you notice when you receive this item is how heavy the box is for a hub. This is explained by the fact that it's powered by the most beefy power supply I've ever seen on a USB hub. 12 volts at 5 amps. That's basically a laptop power supply. Why do you need such a beefy power supply? Well, for many reasons you don't, but this hub has 7 USB 3.0 ports and two phone/tablet charging outlets, meaning a total of 9 outputs! As I understand it, 8 of them are capable of 1 amp each and the other 2.1 amps, so at full load that's 10.1 amps at 5v. So, excuse the technical data, but 5A@12v will give you 10A at 5v (ish) if you allow for some conversion losses. To put it simply - you likely can run ALL ports at full power! Which is great. But will you? Well, only you can decide that...

My unit came with the correct UK plug which is nice to see, being that it's a legal requirement, and a robust looking PSU which has the relevant CE markings and is an inline PSU rather than a "wall wart" which is good as it won't take up three spaces in an extension lead. The hub itself is light and stylish with its glossy black finish.

In terms of operation, it worked straight away on my windows 8.1 laptop. No issues. One thing I did note is that it needs power to operate.
Speed-wise I'm struggling to max it out as most of the usb peripherals I have are still usb 2.0 or just plain slow like a seagate hard drive, but it's nice to see that this device isn't a bottleneck. It comes with a fancy high speed usb cable (A to B) which is the first time I've seen one of these, I had to google it!

Overall then, this is high spec stuff for the demanding user. Most of us won't ever max it out, so if you want a hub that will never lose power and disconnect devices due to overloading, this is going to be a fair bet. If you charge several devices at once, this is a fair bet. I'm tempted to use it as a charging hub when I'm not using it as a usb hub, because it can do that too, imagine the possibility being able to simultaneously charge 7 devices from one plug socket. If you even have 7 usb devices. The sky is the limit!
The HooToo 4-port ultra-slim 3.0 hub really is brilliant for expanding the number of your 3.0 ports.

In the box you get:

* hub
* user manual
* warranty information

In use, the item is literally a plug and play item. Plug it into a USB port on your computer and off you go! It is so simple to use and gives you much more versatility with regard to the number of ports.

The hub looks smart. It is of a glossy black colour. It is, as advertised, slimline. It is also very lightweight. It isn't at all cumbersome and it is of such a small and neat design that it is ideal for carrying around in your computer bag when on the move and attending meetings etc.

There are 4 ports on the device, and you can access anything attached to any of the individual ports easily and quickly. The uses are endless now that so many devices use USB. For example, I tested this unit with all the ports in use at one time. I had a mouse plugged in, a phone charging, a flash drive and a printer attached. All worked very quickly and with no hitches. I tried other combinations of devices also, and they all worked well and without problems. The connection hasn't been dropped at all during my time of using the hub.

Overall, this is a really useful and portable device which works extremely well.

I was sent this item to test and to honestly review.

Recommended.
on 30 August 2014
I was given a HooToo Superspeed HT-UH013 USB 3.0 – 4-Port Travel Hub to review.
To date I had not used any USB 3 devices so I was interested to put it through its paces.
It was well packaged and has a smart appearance.
The device has 4 Ports and an integral USB 3 lead about 30 cm long.
It is compact & light and could be easily carried in a pocket or case.
I have a Dell Precision Lap Top with 2 USB 2 and 2 USB 3 ports. I purchased a Kingston USB 3 Data Traveler Flash Drive to get the full experience.
The Laptop runs XP Professional – I plugged it in and it worked straight away after the usual recognition process.
The Instruction manual included was brief but adequate.
It appears to have a plastic body which is probably not the best for screening electrical interference – but I had no problems.
As it does not have an external power supply – it is powered by a USB 3 port (some port types seem to be happy with this – some not)
I used a mixture of USB 2 and USB 3 Flash Drives plugged into the Hub simultaneously and both worked well. The USB 2 Flash Drives worked about 50% faster, than directly into a USB 2 port, in this arrangement. I did not try the hub with any higher powered devices – if this is a consideration the HooToo HT-UH005 may be a better option.
Overall I found it a useful little gadget.
on 7 January 2016
It delivers a good speed - but Mac owners should note:

On my 2014 Macbookpro the hub showed up (and delivered) USB3.0 speeds from only one of my macbook's two USB sockets (the left one near the power jack). The correct USB socket can easily be found by plugging in the hub then going to About this Mac from the Apple menu (top-left), System Report, then find USB from the left list. You have to refresh the information from the (I think) File menu each time you try a different socket. What you will find when it is working properly is the hub will show up twice: one as USB2.0 hub and another as USB3.0 hub. You don't need anything plugged in to do this. I found something similar on another computer with USB3.0.

Initially I was screwing because my ultra fast usb3.0 SSD drive was either not showing up at all or only delivering USB2 speeds (~40MB/s testing in Blackmagic from the App Store) compared to ~350MB/s when properly over USB3.0. The manual has quite a few worrying points such as having to connect directly some USB3.0 hard drives to the host computer - had I not tried a different socket I would have sent it back tomorrow - I'm glad I tried a different one. Also of note is the power jack to the hub is a bit loose unless the plug is jammed right in there.

Hope this helps for my first Amazon review!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 30 April 2015
This item was sent to me in return for an honest review. The HooToo 7-port USB hub is a very useful device as it has 7 USB ports as well as 2 charging ports. It can really improve multi-tasking and the ability to carry out simultaneous functions certainly makes life a lot easier. It looks quite nice; it is black and low key and is very small so does not take up a lot of room on a desk, though it does have to be plugged in and uses a power adaptor.

In the box alongside the hub you get an instructions manual, a USB data cable (2.6ft) and a power adaptor (11ft). It is easy to set up and I found that everything I plugged into the hub worked well and fast. To set it up simply plug it into the USB socket of your desktop/laptop, attach power supply and it should connect. Once the computer has recognised it you can add your USB devices to the hub, and they should all work perfectly as normal.

So far I am very impressed with my little hub, it has really made my life easier and so far I have not experienced any problems regarding loss of connection or crashing etc which is very reassuring. Overall I would certainly recommend this 7-port USB + 2 charging ports hub to anyone looking for a good quality and reliable one.
on 26 January 2016
Unusable and Possibly Dangerous

I bought this on the strength of a positive online review. Initially the hub appeared to work fine with 3 of the 7 ports connected: a Mac keyboard, a USB 2 MIDI controller, and an Apple USB mouse – hardly a challenging load. Unfortunately on day 2, only the port connected to the Mac keyboard worked – I tried reconnecting the other devices to spare ports on the hub but there were no active indicator lights and none of the spare ports connected to my iMac. The 1A charging port also failed to charge my iPhone. After half an hour of unsuccessful troubleshooting (and with only the Mac keyboard connected) the hub became extremely hot to touch, and at this point I gave up.

Apparently I am not the only one complaining about this product, which I have now returned. My advice would be to avoid this like the plague.
on 24 April 2014
Although the description claims that this product comes with an external power supply, it does not - It does not need one. Runs very well directly from a USB port. It does however come with a driver CD, but I did not need it. Simply plug and play on Windows 7 and Windows 8.

This product is a little expensive compared to cheaper versions available, but this one is of good quality and works brilliantly. I have even had it working on a tablet PC using an adaptor to convert the standard USB to a micro USB. This is great for when WiFi is not available - I tested the internet speed with this hub using [...] and found it to be as good as a computer connected directly to the router.
What an extremely useful bit of kit this is.

The box contains:
HooToo 7 + 2 USB Hub 3.0
USB 3.0 Cable
12V/5A Power Adapter
User Guide

The HooToo 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub is a neat sleek black oblong box which measures 14.5cm (5.6") x 4.4cm (1.7") x 2.3cm (0.8").

This HooToo hub offers seven high speed USB 3.0 ports AND two dedicated smart charging ports enabling you to plug in a multitude of PC peripherals and to also quickly charge up your tablet and mobile phone at the same time (talk about multitasking)

Please Note: USB 3.0 ports do not support charging, these ports are only used to attach USB peripherals.

My son's computer only has two USB ports and this HooToo USB hub is perfect for his PC. During the evening he has been connecting his mouse, keyboard, PC Xbox controller, printer, external hard drive and USB memory stick to the hub and all have been working perfectly. Then at night he removes the USB port items and then plugs in his Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro and his Nokia Lumina mobile phone charging them both before he goes to bed.

Please Note : Plug mobile smartphones into the 1A port and your tablet into the 21A port.

It is also worth noting that this HooToo USB hub does not get hot unlike some others we have tried.

My son is delighted with this 7 port hub and uses it every day. The hub casing is built with a strong plastic material and feels solid. Hopefully it should last a long time.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse