Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.03

on 15 April 2014
Interesting novella. I finished in one sitting.
It makes me wanting to read the news. And how I wish it ends differently.
on 13 June 2014
I haven't read such a disappointing book for a long time. On the plus side it's a short disappointing book. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting, but a story about a woman who has secretly lived in a cupboard and the world's most boring pernickerty man wasn't it. This is French existentialist twaddle at its worst- and I am a languages teacher who ENJOYS teaching French existentialism. Book clubs will probably love it.
on 17 August 2014
It is hard to believe this is based on a true story of someone who lived in someone else's home and stole from their fridge without the homeowner's knowledge. This is a heartwarming, poignant tale. I would recommend it to fans of arthouse literature. It's written by a Frenchman but he seems to understand Japanese culture rather well. An impressive story.
on 14 July 2014
A very strange storyline. This kept me turning the pages, simply to fathom the plot. Never read anything like this before. Title suggested nuclear connection; kept looking for it (it's NOT there).
Worth reading if you haven't got a book you MUST read...
on 11 May 2014
I found this brief novella very touching in the way it raises questions about how we live our lives, our sense of community, our responsibility for others. It only took a day to read but I think I will find the ideas and characters haunt me for far longer .
on 27 May 2014
An interesting concept but far too short. I didn't expect it to end when it did. I can envisage a further storyline ,developing the characters even deeper. A disappointment.
on 4 June 2014
only a small book but a joy to read. it is well written and is translated with great care. this book stayed with me a long time after I had finished reading it.
on 20 April 2014
A story that stays with you after reading. Two narrators bring completely different perspectives to this tale but who is right?
on 19 June 2014
Based on a real-life story, this brilliant novel is a heaet-rending tale of alienation in the modern world. Highly recommended.
on 28 May 2014
A very good read which I recommend to all who like a good book.
Interesting from the start to finnish.