5.0 out of 5 stars His Wounded Light - Christine Brae
Published 4 months ago by Lindsey McLeod

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but quite frustrating
this book was okay but like the first book I found the timeline confusing, it wasn't really clear. I found Isabel behaviour to be really frustrating this time round and I found it hard to sympathise with her because she did seem a bit selfish. However the book rounded off the love triangle and it was nice that everyone got to close a chapter in their lives.
Published 5 months ago by Abi Bashorun

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars His Wounded Light - Christine Brae, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: His Wounded Light (The Light in the Wound Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I read this because I'd just finished 'The Light in the Wound' and totally loved it. I was a bit apprehensive at first because I read someone else's review and they'd said "I felt happy, sad, angry, exasperated, and happy again." and I was worried about what that meant for the couple and their family/friends but decided to go on and read it because my curiosity got the better of me. I was not disappointed. And when I finished the book I couldn't agree more with the review I read about being happy, sad, angry, exasperated and happy, in that order!

This book is told from Alex, Isa and Jesse's POV's which I think maybe made it a little better than the first book. I was worried about who would end up together and who would end up alone but I must say that Christine delivers in the end and I think she wrote the perfect ending to this story.

If you are planning on reading this I strongly suggest having some man-sized tissues at the ready, I cried quite a bit reading it but those weren't just tears of sadness they were also tears of joy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than book 1, 17 Feb 2014
I finished this book in one day, I couldn't put it down. Book 2 was even better, more emotional, heart breaking, gut wrenching and tear duct cleansing. I normally don't cry when reading these type of books but I did on this one. One of my top reads in 2014. I was Team Alex in book 1 and still am in book 2 except maybe for that part in the middle. A fantastic book and so worth your time. I've already pimped this book to friends. Christine Brae you are awesome!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christine Brae did not disappoint, 1 Jan 2014
Yey. Team Jesse.

Horray for my favourite indie author of 2013!

I was so unbelievably happy when I found out there was being written a sequel to The Light In The Wound. It was necessary to me because I felt Jesse's story was unfinished. I needed to know how he fixed his mistake, how he continued his life having to live with the consequences he had caused, and lastly, how he redeemed himself. Did he learn his lesson? I'm not so sure. I think he is still learning throughout the second book but then gets there eventually when he accepts his situation. He is still the flawed guilty character that I loved in the first book. And then there was lots of drama with Alex and Isa; their marriage crumbled, something that you would never have predicted when reading the first couple of chapters of this book, but in a turn in events, you experience the sad ruination of their marriage deteriorate.

Of these real life characters, I was fascinated by each of their perspectives which we get to read through the three third layout of His Wounded Light. I loved the structure and style of this book, it was completely refreshing. Christine's writing is poetic, organic and elegant. Each and every one of the words and sentences is threaded together with so much passion and conflict, but the prose never drift away from that realm of reality. She truly has a way with words, knowing how to build up deep thoughts of each of her main characters. I think her writing has developed into a more distinct style in this one since the first book. I'll say this now: she writes BEAUTIFUL sex scenes. Really. I can tell that this woman is a classy lady.

At times, I really hated the characters. My commendations again go to the author for making me feel hurt by the sting of betrayal that I felt for Isa, Alex, Jesse, Lucas and Rose when reading these hard-to-read parts. I wanted to sit down each of the characters and drill into them that they should know better than for making the mistakes that they did, but if there is any message from this element of the story, it is that you make mistakes at any stage in your life no matter what age you are, or whether you're married with kids, or an accomplished businessman. In my eyes, age equals experience but does not equal perfection, dignity or rightness of clarity.

A lot of the scenes were also quite shocking. I had a few "Oh no she di-int, Oh no he di-int," moments. No spoilers, though. Sorry. I went into reading this story blind, and Christine Brae accommodated for all of what I like in a book about domestic life. Kudos Miss Christine Brae for succeeding past the typical limits of indie authors, and for your bringing us something different, and lastly, thank you for sharing your wonderfully complicated story with your readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars HWL, 14 Dec 2013
It was nice to see Jesse to get his happy ending and for isa and Alex to get through the pain of the accident. An amazing book can't wait to read more by this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow start but good ending, 25 May 2014
I didn't like the chapters at the beginning from Alex and Jesse's thoughts. Just made it feel like Alex was only with Isabel because of the way she looks and that she was always willing to perform any act of his choosing! Not very loving. Got much better when it goes back to Isabel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 24 April 2014
His wounded light was an enjoyable book to read. Once I started the book I didn't want to put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gut-wrenching, heart-breaking, big fat ugly tears....Superb 5++++++++++ stars, 22 April 2014
3am and I've just finished this after not being able to put it down at all since I started...my kindle even came to the loo with me! I am a blubbering mess right now with panda eyes and a snotty nose.
Every once in a while along comes a book that takes root in your heart and doesn't let up. This is one of those books. I have cried so much, unbelievably so, that I even had to get out of bed and come downstairs in the dark so I didn't wake the house up with my crying. I felt buckets of pain for them all and it physically hurt my heart at what they were going through.
I'm pretty sure that every adult can relate to some aspects of this story and it has such a way of making everything more real and personal. Utterly realistic, completely heartbreaking, undeniably breathtaking. This is one of those stories that I know will stay with me for a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanted book, 20 April 2014
I found this a lovely book to read it was written so well, i really felt involved in it,that I couldn't put it down. But it shows the ups and downs that they went through but with the courage/determination they focus on what they had to do to make it happen.

2.0 out of 5 stars To explicit, 17 April 2014
This book is far to graphic for my taste. It's a shame because the story line is quite good. I would have liked more honesty in the dialogue and less detail in the passions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read!!, 5 April 2014
Miss RC (Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
I read this book in one day - couldn't put it down!
Both books were great and I like that the author made a point of saying there would not be another after this one as the ending is perfect.
I definitely recommend reading these!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›