5.0 out of 5 stars just the read I needed
Published 11 months ago by gary

2.0 out of 5 stars Very short and lacking in detail.
Not as inspiring as I thought it would be, and incredibly short. Not enough detail or depth for me I'm afraid.
Published 8 months ago by Mr. A. Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars just the read I needed, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Seeking Ultra - Six Months From My First Jog to My First Ultramarathon - at 43 years old - a running story (Kindle Edition)
I have just turned 40 years old. In 2011 I ran a marathon at 4:00:44 and I have been training as a nurse since so I've not had much time to train. I have made a plan to run an ultra next year and I am so happy to have read this account of someone similar to me. I thought maybe it's my mid life crisis, maybe I am being daft but, thanks to reading this I feel energised. Good luck Paul with you 2014 goals. I have just made a YouTube Chanel called 'running the hill' where I aim to share my journey too. Great read thanks Paul.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read for the "ultra-curious", 3 Jan 2014
Very easy and interesting read. Couple of useful tips for the mid-pack runner who is "ultra-curious" which I hope to use. Would have been 5 stars if there was a triumphant/happy ending epilogue (although not necessary but when I read I seem to be a romantic) but kept my interest to finish in a single sitting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable short read, 21 Dec 2013
A good window into the world of ultra running with interesting comments on embarrassing problems and positive thoughts on why people run these crazy distances.

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting read but a bit short, 10 May 2014
Well written honest account but felt it was a bit short - more like a magazine article than a book. Would be better to have held back then continued on his ongoing (hopefully) success in ultra running. Gives a good insight into the sport and makes me think about what Im thinking of doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read - straight from the heart., 15 May 2014
A well told journey of the ups and downs while striving for the challenge that is an ultra marathon. Paul tells it as it is in an open, straight from the heart account. A real page turner. My only complaint - it was over far too quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Omg, 5 Jun 2014
Loved to hear you accomplished so much in such a short space of time. Horrific to hear about your problems during the race good luck next
time

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 15 Jun 2014
A good read
Can relate to this in so many ways except the bit you suffered
Good luck for the future

2.0 out of 5 stars Very short and lacking in detail., 7 April 2014
Mr. A. Adams (Bristol England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Read, 29 Sep 2014
Really enjoyed this, as a forty showing runner myself this was really inspirational. May even try an Ultra...Paul you must follow this up when you beat that mountain!

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 20 Mar 2014
A simple, but we'll written story about passion and persistence. It shows how to go from beginner to a confident ultrarrunner