5.0 out of 5 stars Amy Lane at her best
Published 7 months ago by T ann

3.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Kitsch
I thought it was a bit slow st the beginning, but about three quarters through it got better. The story was quite good with the romance there also.
Would I recommend it, I'm not sure but I'd recommend it after explaining the thought I'd had..
Published 6 months ago by P J Cusson

5.0 out of 5 stars Amy Lane at her best, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: Christmas Kitsch (Kindle Edition)
I love amy lane and this is her at her best. My personal favourite is the nitter series and this reminds me of those. Rusty is a rich kid soccer jock but he's really a gentle guy living with soulless parents who just wants to be loved for himself. Oliver isn't wealthy except is in family - his extended family all jump in and help when rusty finds himself alone. I love the way rusty really appreciates them and the whole book is full of feel good Xmas spirit from start to finish. I know it will be one I will read again and again when I want the Xmas cheer

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful!, 16 Jan 2014
Geoff Flint (Stafford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christmas Kitsch (Kindle Edition)
OK this isn't about angst 30 year olds, its about two late teenage guys AND IS A DELIGHT TO READ. If you're fed up with pain and strife and bitching then take a read of Christmas Kitsch. Rusty and Oliver are just meant for each other. Rusty comes from a home with every material provision, Oliver where love and gentleness - and yes, hard work, are taken as read. When Rusty has a bust up with his Mother and Father no guessing which family come to the rescue. The developing interaction between Rusty and Oliver, their gradual acceptance that they are two very different personalities where a bond of love becomes all embracing .... sure I could go on and on! Enough to say Christmas Kitsch will restore your faith in humanity and provide a good few hours of feel-good lasting way beyond the final page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amy Lane...I love you!!, 8 Jan 2014
BevS (East Anglia, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christmas Kitsch (Kindle Edition)
Goodreads review dated 9th December 2013.

Amy Lane, you'll be the death of me!! This Christmas story is ABSO-FREAKIN'-LUTELY ADORABLE, Rusty and Oliver...words fail me......

I've loved every word of every line on every page, I've laughed , I've cried buckets ...both happy and sad tears, and I honestly couldn't describe my feelings at the end, I was drained emotionally. 10 Glittery Golden stars!!

Rusty and Oliver have wormed their way into my heart - like most of Amy's characters do - and together with a host of other characters from this story...in particular Oliver's dad and the rest of their extended family, Rusty's sister Nicole and Rex, the sex-mad bedroom Olympian with his 'lay anything that moves' attitude.....will stay there until this Christmas has long gone. I don't know how she does it, but she remorselessly tugs at your heartstrings until you're a gibbering wreck...I wish I did know how, I could bottle the damn stuff and sell it!! This is definitely my Christmas story of 2013.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a winner, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Christmas Kitsch (Kindle Edition)
Amy Lane never fails to deliver. I loved this, it was a nice long read and it was a real feel good story. The title put me off thinking it would be all schmatzy and Christmas saccharine, but I was wonderfully mistaken. Loved it, loved the characters and the plot. Rusty was such a lovely character, slow on the uptake but loyal and good to boot and Oliver had the patience of a saint. It made me feel that there are nice people out there, simple but nice and when I say simple I mean uncomplicated - not dim, because although it took Rusty a while, he got there in the end. It was a great story about ordinary people and I loved it to bits.

3.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Kitsch, 30 Dec 2013