A good sampler from Silva Screen, although a couple of tracks don't list the TV or film they are taken from -

Track 5 is from Tamara Drewe
Track 6 is from The Human Planet
Track 10 is from Borgia - Season 2
Track 12 is from Romeo and Juliet

Apart from the rather off-key horns on The Final Countdown, this sampler contains some quality orchestrations and provides a good overview of a small section of Silva Screen's extensive catalogue of film and television soundtracks.
on 15 December 2013
Golden greats and contemporary gems - an unbelievably free treasure trove of magical movie music moments, courtesy of the Silva Screen folks.Tremendous!
on 5 January 2014
I enjoyed this album and found it entertaining. The very first track takes you back to the Dirty Harry films of Clint Eastwood and you can almost hear him saying "Make my day"!
There are always going to be films you like better than others and likewise their music. I liked the Terminator films but although the music, as in all the tracks on the album, is well played it doesn't strike the right cords for me. “Aslan's Theme” immediately invokes an image of his magical land but is all to short. The following tracks take you from typical sixties Sci Fy music to a haunting and enjoyable piece of music which I am sure would have rung bells if I had seen the film. I enjoyed the Sahara track and of course the music from "The Fellowship" which immediately invokes images of those magnificent New Zealand mountains. The sound of a good Military Band always takes me back to my army days so I enjoyed "The Final Countdown" Love Theme nicely rounds off this enjoyable album.
on 22 December 2013
I got this album as a free download. It's amazing and I'd have bought it if I'd have sampled it. I would never have thought of buying it though had it not been free. Definately worth paying for
on 5 January 2014
Thank you amazon for my free sample album! After listening to it a few times i am enjoying it more and more. The quality is top and the song choice ace. In particuar the 7 minute long 'Rise' from the dark knight rises sends shivers right through me!! This is an album that should definatly be heard through headphones:) it was also good to guess which movie the songs are ftom- except i cant work out which movie track 5 'opening song' -Alexander Desplat is from?? A good range, contrasting genres and kick ass musicians :)
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 December 2013
i was wondering what this would sound like. i gave it a try and was surprised by most of it.
on 26 December 2013
Excellent choice of music on this sampler. You will most definitely recognize most of them but bet you cannot remember the films they are from. This is one of those albums you can just leave playing along in the background without it interfering with work - then you realise you are humming along!
on 5 February 2014
It's free! If you are a fan of film music the selection of tracks on offer here is brilliant with a good mix of the familiar and the slightly off beat. Well worth it even if you only listen to it occasionally.
on 30 December 2013
I was impressed because i didn't know to expect. Classical theme tunes took me by surprise ( Lord of the Rings eg ) so i found it most enjoyable, and all for free. What more could i ask for.
on 26 December 2013
As alway's with Silva Screen, very good sound complemented by good performances. I have quite a few Silva Screen CD's and was very pleased to download this free sampler. Thank you Amazon.