on 6 January 2014
I use my ipad as a sat nav. Wanted to use something lighter hence Kindle Fire. This App only gives you maps it's rubbish.
on 11 July 2014
will be very handy when we are away from home
on 11 July 2014
No good nd I deleted it as I did not like it.
on 21 November 2014
Yes, it finds the place quickly - the map is instantly readable - but the Kindle Fire is not powerful enough to keep the street picture on screen for more than a nano second. Not good for this tablet - sorry.
on 22 December 2013
I've only given this 3 stars for now for two reasons:
Too early to really judge.
It crashed after a few minutes.
Admittedly the crash was probably a glitch with my ISP,but it was a bit frustrating.
The scary thing is,it knows where I live(almost).
on 9 March 2014
Great way of finding your way about in areas new to you. I was only wanting to find may way through a built up area but it was great. I am sure it won't be the last time google maps will be a great help!
on 17 July 2014
just the job for following tour de france
on 19 August 2014
Well it is one of the worst google map aaps that i see. I searched with "Waitrose around me" or "waitrose near me" nothing came up.
I am also quite disappointed with limitation of apps on Kindle. I cant go ahead and install indian newspaper on it which is a shame.
on 24 November 2014
still testing it, but so far so good.
on 11 August 2014
Found it didn't really keep up with me while driving and would have been better with sound. Probably best used as a hand held navigation device rather than as satnav for driving.