5.0 out of 5 stars Satanist + bonus DVD
What an Album!

I do have to admit to not owning the entire Behemoth back catalogue, as I prefer Black metal to Death - but I have always liked Behemoths "blackend death" style and love their earlier work (straight up black metal).

Published 6 months ago by N

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good
I have most of Behemoths albums but I don't like this one as much as there seems to be something missing
Published 4 months ago by paul emms

5.0 out of 5 stars Satanist + bonus DVD, 11 Feb 2014
What an Album!

This album for me has it all... death, black and all sorts inbetween. I love the space they have allowed in this release and find that it really allows the songs to brood.

Also worhty of mention is the DVD - worth the amount paid all by itself. contains some of Behemoths most iconic songs and the performance of these is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Behemoth Return From The Edge With An Album That Delivers And Then Some, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Satanist (Audio CD)
We all know the story behind this album. It's been 5 years in the making. Nergal was stricken down by leukemia but he has risen again with an album that is already a contender for best of 2014. The riffs, the drums, the vocals. It's all one huge eargasm and I'm sure I will be listening for weeks and months to come.
Buy it, you won't be disappointed. This is indeed a new career best for behemoth. Get the deluxe edition so that you can see the fantastic live performance and documentary on the making of the album too. It's definitely worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stays in my player for a very long time, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Satanist (Audio CD)
It's powerful. I know who we're talking about here and it might seem redundant, but believe me, it's not. It's dramatic.
Vocally travels a lot, from raw power in Blow Your Trumpets, through painful and dramatic screams in Satanists, to declamation in In The Absence Ov Light.
Musically it's just perfect, if anything maybe even to perfect. I loved the baroque sound of Apostasy.
Three songs stand out for me, Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel, Satanist and Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer.

5.0 out of 5 stars This albums is just great, 9 April 2014
This review is from: The Satanist (Audio CD)
Hope to hear much much more from these guys en see them live very soom. They r the real thing

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good, 8 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb record, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Satanist (Audio CD)
Superb Blackend death black metal album. Every one who likes Extreme metal Must have this Polish metal es master peace album

5.0 out of 5 stars A mandatory album if you like black / death metal, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Satanist (Audio CD)
The Satanist is an awesome Behemoth's return. From the doomy riffs on Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel to the epic O father O satan O sun, all the songs on the album reach an amazing level. Special mention to the song Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer, which groovy riffs will make you headbang hard. Horns up, Behemoth are back \m/

5.0 out of 5 stars BEHEMOTH, 11 Mar 2014
Great live band....a so so album I'm afraid :(

It kinda sounds the same as previous albums even though I do still love them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Satanist (Audio CD)
Really solid album with some good production and blistering fast stuff
We'll recommend to those tat want something on the hard side

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome album and great value, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Satanist (Audio CD)
I can't get enough of this album. It was nice to see how well presented the whole thing was. The pictures here don't show the way the actual case is a hard back book. Which was a nice surprise

The Satanist
The Satanist by Behemoth (Audio CD - 2014)