5.0 out of 5 stars A great read and really makes you think, even if you don't agree with all of the book
I find myself in the strange position of awarding five stars to a book that has plenty of content with which I disagree. The detail of that will come up later, but the reason that I can still confidently give this book five stars is that it is a great read, covers some less controversial aspects of physics and cosmology very well and where Max Tegmark strays into concepts...
Published 4 months ago by Brian Clegg

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work on Kindle because of too many diagrams
It does not work on Kindle because there are too many diagrams. But Max is great fun and I love him BUT (sort Max) I only rate him three because on with this book you should get a free Kindle version with the hard copy because of the diagrams that can't be easily related to the explanatory text on Kindle.
Published 4 months ago by J. Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Written with conviction - but does it convince a reader?, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Our Mathematical Universe: My Quest for the Ultimate Nature of Reality (Kindle Edition)
After having read this book, I am convinced that the universe can be described by mathematics - but that I was already before. However, the book did not convince me that our world IS mathematics, as Tegmark says. Tegmark's argument is winding, with several alternatives and turns, which in my mind towards the end just leaves the reader confused.

5.0 out of 5 stars Otherwise read it from the start for a good background induction, 9 July 2014
A must for anyone interested in the nature of reality. Depending on your knowledge of physics, you might want to skip the first 250 pages and get to the real meat, which is inspiring. Otherwise read it from the start for a good background induction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting survey of science at its limits in decoding the universe, 20 May 2014
If big bold ideas give you a tingle of excitement you won't be disappointed. As a summary of science's current understanding of the weirdness that is wired into our universe (or multiverse) this is the best yet. But be prepared to struggle with some of the concepts. I have degrees in maths and physics but I still had to read several pages a few times before I fully understood what was being described. The investment is with making however.

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Hardback edition does not have colour images, 3 Mar. 2014
Just a warning that the hardback edition does not have colour images. The preview above is for the kindle edition only, all of the images lose a fair amount of meaning in transfer to greyscale.

I would happily pay for a full colour printed version (as the kindle version is) if such a thing exists.

4.0 out of 5 stars More questions than answers!, 8 Mar. 2014
An enjoyable read, making complex ideas from physics understandable. Not ultimately convinced by the notion of multiple parallel universes. The last chapter asks a number of crucial questions which have to be answered whatever particular theory of the origin and nature of the universe one adopts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 8 Oct. 2014
The MUH is fascinating as is the multiverse. This book is a great read. Highly recommended to everyone who wants to stretch their mind's.

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, 8 Feb. 2014
A good introduction to the universe mixing interesting personal stories about a scientist life with latest theories and discoveries. Highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 April 2015
good

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work!, 16 Jan. 2014
I wrote Moving Through Parallel Worlds To Achieve Your Dreams to blow some cerebral cortices and to inspire readers, by integrating 'The Many-Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Physics' with the latest in self-help. Now Max Tegmark is the flag bearer today for 'The Many-Worlds Interpretation,' so I was thrilled when I heard he had completed this book. Our Mathematical Universe it turns out, is not only rigorous and scientifically thorough, but it is also mind-blowing and inspiring. Dr. Tegmark takes you on a biographical and precise journey through level after level of parallel worlds, and then just when you start to wonder where this is all heading, he exposes the physical universe for the illusion that it is. He convinces you that the answer to everything, is indeed 42. He convinces you that your very brain is complicit in the illusion of reality, and makes you wonder who the 'you' is that is observing all of this. You finish Our Mathematical Universe feeling much wiser and quite literally immortal. I am impressed at how this book was written in a manner that allows it to be readable for the newly initiated, but also with the depth and precision one would expect from a Ph.D cosmologist. Buy it, read it; great work! - Kevin Michel

5.0 out of 5 stars A++, 20 Dec. 2014