5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the gym
This is perfect for the job it is intended!

It has some good features, including:
* the zone you are in whilst training (good to know, depending what your aims are whether it be fitness or fat burning etc)
* calories
Published 3 months ago by SM

2.0 out of 5 stars like the last one
Published 7 hours ago by SHAUNA BAILLIE

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the gym, 15 May 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This is perfect for the job it is intended!

It has some good features, including:
* calories
* a storage system of you past training / workouts (which means you can see the improvement you have made over a period of time)
* you can sync with the fitness machines at the gym (lots do use the polar system - probably worth checking if this is an important function for you)

This is a pretty basic machine in that you don't get GPS info or distance etc. But if you are looking at getting fitter or maintaining fitness, it is a really good tool. It is ideal in the gym, which is my main purpose for it. It is fairly light and looks good.

Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful gadget for anyone interested in improving their fitness, 4 July 2014
Absolutely love this HRM, arrived today, really easy to set up and to use. Very impressed by this gadget, I've used it in 2 classes today and it's been useful to see max hr, average hr and to see the different zones, this is a really useful tool in assessing and modifying any fitness activity regardless of your level.

The only negative is that you need to buy the flowlink to download your workout data onto the polar site. A tad naughty after spending so much on a HRM, but you can still access the data and manually input it I believe. I've not tried this yet so don't hold me to this bit!

All in all, this is well worth the money, easy to use, the chest strap is comfy too which is always a bonus. I'm a complete novice when it comes to this sort of thing and technology but I managed to set it up and use it without a bother.

Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!, 20 Nov 2013
My daughter has a medical condition where see needs to monitor her heart rate.She found it very easy to use,and it just does the job she needs it to do.It has given her peace of mind as it beeps to let her know when her heart rate is getting too high,so she knows when to find a place to rest.Great little gadget!!!.Unlike some other watches, you do not need to send it off to have the batteries changed every few months.Saving money and the time waisted waiting for it to be returned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing gadget...but be careful about HR monitor placement!, 8 Aug 2014
This watch is a really useful tool for working out! It allows you to keep a closer eye on your progression over time and it tells you pretty much everything you would ever want to know about your workout. It takes the guesswork out of exercise and allows you to keep tabs on your intensity and if you are attempting to lose weight the calorie track option is invaluable. It is comfortable to wear and easy to use, I was very impressed with the quality and it has become my new best friend during my workouts! The only reason I didn't give it five stars is that the heart rate monitor band does have a tendency to slip in the middle of your workout (particularly if you are doing cardio and are sweating) if you don't place it exactly correctly, and this can disrupt tracking the workout. This isn't too much of an issue if you are using the watch just to track heart rate during exercise but can be annoying if you wanted a very accurate reading of the calories burned (as the monitor will stop recording until you put it back in the right place). It's important, therefore, to double check where you've placed the monitor before you start, as it can be a pain to try to get it back in the right place once you've started your workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sets your heart racing............one sexy heart rate monitor!, 26 Aug 2014
I very accurate heart rate monitor even when the chest strap had moved out of position it still picks up a consistent accurate reading. I cross train and this is perfect without being to fancy and difficult to use. I used the watch first time without reading the manual and it is very easy to figure out, that is how easy it is to operate. I have posted a few top tips for the item below:

*The chest strap for smaller women is large, to buy a smaller strap you are looking at least another 15-25. Do not bother buying another one, just contact Polar and they will swap the M-XXL strap for a smaller one free of charge.
*When using the chest strap wet the contacts on the strap with clean water (not spit) and below the band of your bra this will provide and establish the link between your watch and chest strap.
*Some women do complain of the chest strap working it's way down, check firstly the chest strap is tight enough but not too tight so it restricts your breathing. I also found the only thing that makes the strap work it's way down for me is when I am wearing body moisturiser. This might just be me but I find this only happens when I am wearing moisturiser.

5.0 out of 5 stars gives you that little bit extra during a work-out, 27 Jan 2014
I really love this. It's simple and quick to set up and really helps you on a work-out. If you're trying to loose weight try to stay in the fat burning zone otherwise if you want to improve your fitness try to stay in the fitness zone. It also keeps track of how many calories you use!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 1 Aug 2014
Really happy with the purchase. I wanted to track my heart beat and calorie burn for gym workouts and it is perfect. I keep checking it and it motivates me to push myself a little bit more each time. It doesn't do distance, so if you are into running it might not be for you, but if you are looking for general fitness info this watch is great.

2.0 out of 5 stars like the last one, 29 Aug 2014
I was advised this watch was a direct replacement to my previous watch which was stolen. It is not a direct replacement to my previous watch which was much sturdier, higher quality. This watch is lighter, cheaper looking, and the buttons are very sore to press. It doesn't also send you a message weekly telling you what exercise you have done in a week, like the last one. The strap is also thinner and looks like it won't last like the previous thicker strap which was higher quality too. I think the cost cutting has devalued the watch. had I known, I would not have bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 24 Feb 2014
This is a great product, absolutely love it! I use it every time whilst at the gym and it's the best thing I've brought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely happy 😄, 10 May 2014
Arrived really quick, I am extremely happy with it. I have used it non stop for all my exercises without any problems

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›