4.0 out of 5 stars Very good monitor but beware size differences between models
Published 24 months ago by F Buchan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but sometimes stops working
Sometimes the heart monitor goes offline and it is really frustrating mid-workout. I don't know if it is the product but I've tried to use it exactly as specified and the same thing keeps happening. When it is working, it is a very good product.
Published 22 months ago by Tope Omisore

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good monitor but beware size differences between models, 1 Mar. 2013
Having tired of borrowing my wife's Black/Silver FT7 and having to re-enter the user information every time we swapped, I decided to buy a Black/Gold FT7. When it arrived we quickly realised that the watch strap on the Black/Gold FT7 is narrower and slightly shorter than the Black/Silver model so we have now swapped as my wife is smaller than me and the Black/Gold is a better fit for her. The F on the end of the precise model number that shows when you order should have been the giveaway (the Black/Silver ends with M). Looking at the Amazon images, I suspect that the Red model is the same size as the Black/Gold and the Black/Red is the same size as the Black/Silver.
Both our monitors came with a M to XXL sized soft strap for your chest. We ordered separately a XS to S sized soft strap via Amazon and this is a better fit for my wife as it fits chest sizes up to around 28 inches, whereas the supplied M to XXL soft strap has a minimum size of about 28 inches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the gym, 15 May 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This is perfect for the job it is intended!

It has some good features, including:
* the zone you are in whilst training (good to know, depending what your aims are whether it be fitness or fat burning etc)
* calories
* a storage system of you past training / workouts (which means you can see the improvement you have made over a period of time)
* you can sync with the fitness machines at the gym (lots do use the polar system - probably worth checking if this is an important function for you)

This is a pretty basic machine in that you don't get GPS info or distance etc. But if you are looking at getting fitter or maintaining fitness, it is a really good tool. It is ideal in the gym, which is my main purpose for it. It is fairly light and looks good.

Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of kit, 19 May 2013
I bought this as ive recently started down at the gym and my brother already owes one, he told me to buy one so i did and im really glad i listened. ive been using it now for about 4 weeks and i can keep track of all my stats its a great bit of kit

5.0 out of 5 stars great product at a very great price - if you want to dramatically change the way you workout!, 10 Jan. 2015
having used countless apps to track my calorie burn at the gym, i had decided enough was enough with incorrect/far fetched data from just using my iPhone. i looked at the reviews for the different models of the sports watch and decided this one was right for me. i am absolutely delighted to use this watch as i feel its the best thing I've ever invested in for my regular workouts at the gym!
the fact i can differentiate the calorie burn and fat burn is amazing and I'm really seeing progress in my workouts since using this device!

unfortunatly my chest strap monitor had packed in for good after only 6 months, but i emailed amazon and they have arranged a replacement device which is being delivered tomorrow! cannot fault the brilliant customer service amazon always gives and this is by far the best value purchase I've made which improves my workouts!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasing Polar and posting, 10 Sept. 2011
The Pulsar Monitor was easy to set up, looks good and does everything it said it does. It's very easy to use, nice large screen so is easily visable whilst working out and keeps record so you can track your improving fitness. Postage and packaging were both perfect - very fast!
Overall a very pleased customer - Thank you!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 1 Mar. 2014
Jenny Smith (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my granddaughter who is part of a national rowing programme. She loves it - says it does exactly what it says on the tin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Sept. 2013
Great watch does what it's supposed to and a good help in building your fitness. Used everyday for training on a couple if occasions hrt dropped so have had to take reading and start again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 22 Aug. 2013
I have used a Polar F1 previously, but the FT7F does a lot more. It works accurately every time and you are able to go back and see your progress and compare your heart rate. Easy to use as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 25 May 2013
Absolutely love this heart rate monitor, the only reason i gave it 4 stars is because it stopped working after 3 weeks, i was using it every day. However, i sent it off to Polar and they fixed it straight away. So im now loving it again : )

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 May 2013
well, its a heart monitor.. its good to see what your body is doing during workouts.. it also keeps the data on the watch which makes it easier to find out if youre getting fitter