5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the gym
This is perfect for the job it is intended!

It has some good features, including:
* the zone you are in whilst training (good to know, depending what your aims are whether it be fitness or fat burning etc)
* calories
Published 10 months ago by CycleRacing

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very accurate
I had the FT1 and I decided to buy a newer version hoping that the accuracy would be better. For that reason I chose the latest version, however I am quite disappointed with it. I must point out I was interested in a consistent and accurate heart rate monitor. Having said this, the watch does not have much extra functionality (compared with FT1).

My main...
Published 1 day ago by Paula Marti Rocafull

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the gym, 15 May 2014
CycleRacing (England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This is perfect for the job it is intended!

It has some good features, including:
* calories
* a storage system of you past training / workouts (which means you can see the improvement you have made over a period of time)
* you can sync with the fitness machines at the gym (lots do use the polar system - probably worth checking if this is an important function for you)

This is a pretty basic machine in that you don't get GPS info or distance etc. But if you are looking at getting fitter or maintaining fitness, it is a really good tool. It is ideal in the gym, which is my main purpose for it. It is fairly light and looks good.

Recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good monitor but beware size differences between models, 1 Mar. 2013
Having tired of borrowing my wife's Black/Silver FT7 and having to re-enter the user information every time we swapped, I decided to buy a Black/Gold FT7. When it arrived we quickly realised that the watch strap on the Black/Gold FT7 is narrower and slightly shorter than the Black/Silver model so we have now swapped as my wife is smaller than me and the Black/Gold is a better fit for her. The F on the end of the precise model number that shows when you order should have been the giveaway (the Black/Silver ends with M). Looking at the Amazon images, I suspect that the Red model is the same size as the Black/Gold and the Black/Red is the same size as the Black/Silver.
Both our monitors came with a M to XXL sized soft strap for your chest. We ordered separately a XS to S sized soft strap via Amazon and this is a better fit for my wife as it fits chest sizes up to around 28 inches, whereas the supplied M to XXL soft strap has a minimum size of about 28 inches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of kit, 19 May 2013
I bought this as ive recently started down at the gym and my brother already owes one, he told me to buy one so i did and im really glad i listened. ive been using it now for about 4 weeks and i can keep track of all my stats its a great bit of kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasing Polar and posting, 10 Sept. 2011
The Pulsar Monitor was easy to set up, looks good and does everything it said it does. It's very easy to use, nice large screen so is easily visable whilst working out and keeps record so you can track your improving fitness. Postage and packaging were both perfect - very fast!
Overall a very pleased customer - Thank you!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 17 April 2012
I bought an HRM for £25 which was completely inaccurate. I took it back and them came on Amazon and bought the Polar FT7F. A great piece of kit. The chest strap is comfortable and you can unclip the sensor from it so you can wash the strap. It stores all your training data. It has several displays including calories burnt which is why I wanted it. It syncs with the gym equipment and is easy to use and set up. Would recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very accurate, 30 Mar. 2015

My main concern is that sometimes the heart rate gets stuck in a very high number (unrealistic number) and it would not recover the real heart rate until I move the strap... this means my maximum and average heart rate after the exercise are not realistic. Also the way it counts calories is wrong, it is usually twice as much as the values provided by the gym machines or the typical values... in that sense you can just halve it every time to get an estimate of the calories burned.

One positive thing is that the strap is quite comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 22 Aug. 2013
I have used a Polar F1 previously, but the FT7F does a lot more. It works accurately every time and you are able to go back and see your progress and compare your heart rate. Easy to use as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 25 May 2013
Absolutely love this heart rate monitor, the only reason i gave it 4 stars is because it stopped working after 3 weeks, i was using it every day. However, i sent it off to Polar and they fixed it straight away. So im now loving it again : )

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic HRM, 6 Nov. 2012
Great HRM, accurate and picks up HR straight away. Plenty of functions suitable for running and cycling and very easy to set up and use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 28 Aug. 2012
Great product with good features and does exactly what it promises. Easy to set up and run. Easy to put on and does not show overly underneath a shirt. Contrary to some comments that the notification sound is to faint, I don't agree. I use it in spinning with loud music and still hear the notification. One additional feature which would be good, to see the actual time whilst the clock is recording. Other than that great product.