4.0 out of 5 stars You CAN jump to books and chapters in Kindle
Not really sure why there are reviews saying you cannot go directly to books - I was actually buying it to just read straight through so went for the £3.40 version. It does have the contents page and you can go directly to books and chapters. The layout could someplaces be improved but it doesnt seem to distract an awful lot. Very good value for the price
Published 12 months ago by LoveTheBook

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor navigation
Whilst the content of the message is, as you'd expect, as brilliant as The Message in a physical book you CANNOT navigate around this kindle version. Ridiculous. For both NT and OT you have to physically scroll through ALL the books in order to get to the one you want. So so silly. Please do not waste your money on this.
Published 13 months ago by amandawoolly

4.0 out of 5 stars You CAN jump to books and chapters in Kindle, 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Holy Bible - Message version (Numbered Edition) (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Jan. 2014
Easy to use Good version for everyday reading. Would recommend to anyone wanting to explore what the Bible has to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you enjoy reading Gods word, this is the book to read., 30 Mar. 2014
This is the most easy to read book, I have ever had privilege to read on the Bible. At the moment I am studying the bible in a year and reading this bible has brought the living word into my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes sense in today's world, 5 Mar. 2014
If the Bible to me is going to mean anything in today's world, the vividness of this contemporary version is great. Also it's pretty quick to look up different books & specific verses

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings the Bible to life; very refreshing., 19 Aug. 2014
I have "The Message" NT but wanted the whole Bible, and buying it for my Kindle, at this price, seemed like a good deal.
I read all the reviews, including a few which said that the navigation was poor, and it was rubbish, or a waste of money. That made me hesitant, but I would never describe the word of God as rubbish, and felt that any slight irritation, or technical issues, would be worth it to be able to read this version of the Bible.
When I got it, I think I skipped several pages in my enthusiasm to start reading, and it did seem, at first, as though navigation was indeed going to be a problem. But then I went right back to the beginning, found a list of contents at location 35, and it's all good.
This is a paraphrase of the Bible, yet made after consulting Greek and Hebrew texts. The NT was written in colloquial, conversational Greek, and the Message is written in a similar style, (in English!) I would definitely recommend The Message; not as a study Bible, but the author himself says that it is not meant to be one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Feb. 2014
This is an easy to read and understand version of the bible at an excellent price so that nobody is excluded

4.0 out of 5 stars Q, 8 Mar. 2014
Easy to use on my lpad but not so easy to navigate on my kindle tablet. I will still recommend this bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars great this is I happened to find thid on bible gateway and have downloaded it to my kindle, 28 Feb. 2014
I would recommend this to anyone but very good for small bible groups I 'd say clear and concise adds a whole new dimension to reading the Bible

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor navigation, 7 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic! I have at many times in my life ..., 27 Nov. 2014
Absolutely fantastic! I have at many times in my life tried to read the Holy Bible but failed each time. It was always too difficult to make sense of, the language of the era was hugely different to modern times and if I'm honest -Boring yet it was a text I desperately wanted to read, understand and love!
Holy Bible - Message Edition is like a breath of fresh air and a modern dialect has be blown through the pages of the Holy Bible!
I downloaded this version after hearing about it at the Alpha course I am attending at the moment.
I utterly love it and I'm reading it every spare minute I get! I read the New Testament first which is like the 'story' part of the Bible, a very small section towards the back of the Holy Bible then started at the beginning.
Can not recommend highly enough!!!!