on 30 June 2014
Being an ex-Artificer myself it is apparent that the author has written this with a big "chip" on his shoulder, especially when he constantly refers to the "officers" as "pigs" ! Yes, you will always come across those with an arrogant attitude, but they were generally the young ones straight out of Dartmouth, with still a lot to learn.

Speaking to some of my old RN mates who have read this book, they all agree that it does not reflect the typical RN Tiffy !

It's a pity, I was looking forward to a good read.
on 5 March 2014
For anyone interested in the Naval way of life as it used to be. This account is spot on. Read it.
on 16 June 2014
As an ex artifiicer, i empathise with this book. I was an air ordnance artificer who retrained as an air electrical artifiicer in 1963-63
this book evoked quite a few memories.
on 26 May 2015
Sorry I really didn't enjoy this at all. I joined the RN as a tiffy and was hoping to read about some of the author to compare to mine but sadly that wasn't to be.
on 23 September 2014