Format: Audio Download|Change
Price:£8.74

on 24 January 2010
I liked this book because it really showed how nurses worked in the second world war. I enjoyed the fact even though it focused on nursing it told you what other people in the war where doing e.g training to be a pilot. In the book they use old-fashioned types of words so it makes you feel as if you were right there on the spot. It was really exciting and gripping, I couldn't put it down and my teacher had to tell me off and to put it away. Alice, age 9.
on 22 June 2014
This book is week on details of war, a short story that is over before it has began.. having read other nurse and war story books this one is more about friendship and love not day to day struggles
on 1 June 2013
this book was hard to put down.Sue Reid described every situation perfectely and I could see everything happen inside my head.It was very sad at times but that is what makes it a great read.This is the first My Story book i've ever read and I wish to read more!I have started an obsession with WW2/war nurses stories and this is my favourite!
on 5 September 2012
My five year old girl and I have spent the 6 weeks of the summer holidays reading this at bed time. There was quite a bit which obviously went over her head, quite a lot of time spent explaining but we both really enjoyed it. She will be able to read this herself in a few years so will enjoy it again.
on 29 August 2014
I thought this book was fantastic I could never put this book down . It had me totally engrossed in the book . I think this is a book for 8+.
on 1 July 2014
excellent story which will give young people and insight to life as a war nurse which maybe they have no knowledge of or thought about
on 18 April 2013
A lovely story that follows Kitty a young girl who is forced to be a nurse in the war and along the way discovers her true destiny
on 24 August 2014
After I read this book all I have wanted to be is a nurse. But it will not be as exciting as kitty, Bunty and Anne's nurseing
on 11 January 2014
Good first person account of how gruesome wartime was. Expressive, full of feeling and described wartime as a nurse well
on 21 July 2010
I've read quite a few of these My Story books and as well as being a good read they also contain some historical facts. Even though these books are meant for children I didn't find them childish in any way.