5.0 out of 5 stars Wallop!, 17 Feb 2014
Brendan Phipps "B PHIPPS" (Sandhurst, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rockney Box - 1981 - 1991 (Audio CD)
Top box set. All the classic albums from 1981 onwards (when let's face it - everyone started to hear of them). Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Premium Quality Boxset Of Two Of The Worlds Greatest Artists!, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Rockney Box - 1981 - 1991 (Audio CD)
This is a first class boxset, I was amazed at the premium feel and quality of it. Its so nice to be able to relive playing each album from start to finish again, just like when I was a kid in the 80's. The rarities disc is also a gem and the added DVD is the icing on the cake for me.

I was also surprised at the sound quality of each disc - I dont think they've been remastered but I reckon they were all taken from the original master tapes?

Long live the music of two of the worlds greatest artists (Poor old drummer Mickey Burt always seems to get forgotten but he was an integral part of the "band" through the 80's).

5.0 out of 5 stars ROCKNEY COCKNEY FUN., 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Rockney Box - 1981 - 1991 (Audio CD)
Love this knees up.... everthing you need from chas & dave all in one place. A must have for all fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, love it, love it!, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Rockney Box - 1981 - 1991 (Audio CD)
I've always loved Chas and Dave. They can do no wrong. How fantastic to have some of their videos on dvd, but I would have loved to have them all, throughout their career, instead of just a small selection. Yes, I know, it says 1981 - 1991, but why not include everything for those of us who can't get enough Chas and Dave? For example, the videos of The Sideboard Song, I'm in Trouble, I'm a Rocker, Pay Up (And Look Big), London Girls, and Gertcha, most of those songs from the period in question, if I remember correctly, are not included. This is an excellent selection of most of the songs they are famous for. The sound quality is really very good, considering I don't think these recordings were remastered, as far as I know. There is only one song on the A's, B's and Buried Treasure, the Sun Studio recording of Ain't No Pleasing You, that has a lot of unpleasant noise on it. I'm not sure if I have a faulty copy, or if that is just the way it is, because every other song sounds fine. Their jamboree bags are in this set, too. My only disappointment is that I would have preferred to have a box set of everything Chas and Dave ever did. Now I'm going to have to go in quest of the missing lps on cd. I don't have a turntable any more. At least I will be less reliant on youtube now.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rockney Box Set., 15 Feb 2014
R. Bastable "R,A,Bastable" (Sidcup,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rockney Box - 1981 - 1991 (Audio CD)
What a great little Box Set. All the songs are there.For Chas & Dave Fans it's a must.But the box itself would have been perfect had it had a lid to it.....Never mind eh.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... Chas & Dave (& Mick) doing what they do best. Brilliant songs in lovely packaging, 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: The Rockney Box - 1981 - 1991 (Audio CD)
It's Chas & Dave (& Mick) doing what they do best. Brilliant songs in lovely packaging. I can't fault it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 July 2014
Her indoors loved it.

The Rockney Box - 1981 - 1991
The Rockney Box - 1981 - 1991 by Chas and Dave (Audio CD - 2014)