5.0 out of 5 stars From Brighton to Spain to breed Alpaca's - Year One
Well move over Bridget Jones and your diary, and "Welcome" Lorna Penfold and her blog!
This book takes you through the first year of Lorna's move from Brighton to Spain with her partner Alan Parks.
It is beautifully written and will touch the heart of any Mum or Dad, when not being handy for your children, even if your youngest is 19 years old. Lorna shares her...
Published 7 months ago by Karen Knight

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed .. its almost the same story
I didnt realise that most of this book has already been covered in Lorna's partners book ." Seriously Mum whats an Alpaca ? " probably because its a different surname and I didnt twig. As a result I found myself skipping huge swathes of this book as I already knew that Lornas daughter didn t settle and returned to England. I knew that the baby alpaca died, that...
Published 1 month ago by jill in Derby

5.0 out of 5 stars None, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: From Sequins to Sunshine - Year One (Lorna's Life in Spain Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A lovely easy read, giving an honest account of life as a british Alpaca farmer and animal lover in the middle of nowhere Spain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lorna's life in Spain, 31 Dec 2013
A very easy to read account of their early life in Spain, I enjoyed reading of the highs and lows in this honest account and shared with them the feelings they had about their new life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 July 2014
Good read

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappoinment, 1 July 2014
This was going okay, if a little monotonous, until she abandoned a dog on a track and then dumped it in a dogs home where it was no doubt destroyed. Made me sick as the book is about them breeding Alpacas. A very simple read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great easy read, 27 Jun 2014
Having read the books by Alan Parks it was great to read Lornas point of view of the move and first instalment of their new life. A great read with lots of laughs and also tears. Looking forward to the next instalment Lorna!

4.0 out of 5 stars Making Life That Much Sweeter, 24 Jun 2014
I enjoyed this book, not because I downloaded it free (that always helps!) but because I was drawn to it from the description. I too have lived in Spain, not in the Campo Campo but not too far away from where the author lived. I totally understood her decision to change her life after illness, after all, life IS for living and we all go to another place soon enough. I love the idea that we are only bound by what we make of life ourselves and really we can go do anything we really want to do if we are courageous and open minded enough. I really enjoyed the way this book was written by way of a diary to loved ones and look forward to the next installment.....

2.0 out of 5 stars English/Spanish, 24 Jun 2014
An ok read but similar to lots of other Spanish stories I have read. Have yet to find one that can beat Driving over Lemons..

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, 22 Jun 2014
Must say how much I loved reading how Lorna changed her life from being a dance teacher in England to moving to Spain a book I would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Story told from the heart, 20 Jun 2014
Loved this account of all the ups and downs experienced in their move to Spain.
Looking forward to Book 2!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lorna, keep going!, 10 Jun 2014
I am really glad things are beginning to go right for you both, and I hope to be reading another 'diary' from you soon. Good luck!