Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 April 2014
This series of releases by "One Day Music" relating to various record labels has been a resounding success, and this particular release is no exception. Although I think a couple of the tracks 'escaped' rather than obtained release, the vast majority of the recordings are very enjoyable - doowop, ballads, instrumentals & of course, rock 'n roll. Some of the stand-out tracks are the classic "Flirty Gertie", "Ambush" and "Fire Engine Baby". Personally, I've always hated recordings that feature sobbing, and "Goodbye, Charlie Brown" is ruined because of sobbing. Still, that's just my opinion, and it doesn't prevent this from being another good compilation.
on 11 February 2014
This is a superb cd, in fact I don't think there is a duff track. Two tracks from the Jiv-A-Tones were actually a great double sided single which I remember buying over thirty years ago. Buy it and you will not regret it.
on 1 March 2014
Another fine CD from One Day Music. Apart from the Jiv-a-Tones, Spotnicks and Charlie Gracie, all fresh artists to me. No dud tracks and sound quality is excellent. Good buy.
on 28 July 2014
Excellent music that i enjoy listerning to while driving around it helps me to relax, you find some little gems that are very much to my taste in good music recomend to all
on 2 February 2015
Very good. Stand-out track for me is Kokomo's "Asia Minor" which does for Greig's Piano Concerto what Eric Morecambe and Andrew Preview couldn't do.
on 13 June 2016
Lots of tracks on this CD I have not heard before, although the quality of some tracks is not perfect they are still good to listen to
on 17 July 2014
A very good collection of oldies, which is good to reminisce with. Good value for money.
on 15 August 2014
just what I wanted, arrived within a few days.
on 24 March 2015
excellent item
on 10 February 2014
A good jolly value for money cd. I enjoyed it very much, being a snapshot of the late 50s early 60s,
all tracks seemed well produced to me.
My only complaint was that Kathy Linden's contribution should have had all her major hits.
Most numbers being upbeat.

Billy